Boojee

Favorite All-Time Cartoon Character
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Please use plain text.
Treasured Social Butterfly
DaveMcK

Re: RE-POSTED: Favorite All-Time Cartoon Character

[ Edited ]

ROAD RUNNER was a classic cartoon that has a historic rivalry theme. As you remember the Road Runner was the main character and is always hunted by the Coyote who never manages to win. Not even once. He uses amazing gadgets each time but they end-up backfiring on him. My favorite character is the Road Runner!

road

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Please use plain text.
Trusted Social Butterfly
ASTRAEA

My favorite cartoon characters were from "Rocky & Bullwinkle", because I always felt it was written on two levels .. the obvious one for children, but more subtle comments that only adults would notice.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Please use plain text.
jen43

My Favorite?  Wile-y Coyote and the Roadrunner- Bleep Bleep!

Loved it, poor coyote, I always wanted him to catch that bird!! Just once! LOL

Please use plain text.
jen43

And what was the name of that little bulldog that always mumbled and sounded like a tired old man? I really liked that too.
Oh, and Pepe LaPhew, the amorous skunk who so confused the poor cat he was forever romancing !
Please use plain text.
jen43

jen43 wrote:
And what was the name of that little bulldog that always mumbled and sounded like a tired old man? I really liked that too.
Oh, and Pepe LaPhew, the amorous skunk who so confused the poor cat he was forever romancing !

Ah Ha ! It just came to me out of the the blue..His name was "Droopy", and I think now he might have been a hound dog, does anyone remember him/ He cracked me up!

Please use plain text.
Regular Social Butterfly
gatorgorilla

[ Edited ]

BABY HUEY!!  He is described as a gigantic and naive (boy, was he naive & gullible!) DUCKLING cartoon character.  He wore a big baby bonnet, and a big diaper was required to cover his ample bottom!

With a little research, I have just learned that Baby Huey had quite a career as an animated cartoon character.  I am familiar with him through the Harvey Comics publications.  I always thought Baby Huey was so silly-looking; he personified silliness for me, I guess!  And I like silliness!

http://harveycomics.50webs.com/huey.htm

Please use plain text.
Valued Social Butterfly
PattyDiane

My favorite was "Mr. McGoo" who was always getting into trouble because of his refusal to admit he needed glasses.  Now it seems that glasses are a fashion statement, but it was something to be avoided when I was in school.  I had some friends who really needed to wear their glasses all the time but only put them on while in class or at the movies.  They often ran into things at other times.  At the time I was nearsighted in one eye and I was guilty of the same thing.  I really didn't need the glasses most of the time, but had a hard time transitioning from wearing them to doing without and I felt very much like the cartoon character.

Please use plain text.
Gold Conversationalist
13wolfman

I have often said my all-time favorite comedy duo was Daffy Duck and Porky Pig. Some of my favorites were with Daffy as Robin Hood and Porky as Friar Tuck...Daffy as Sherlock Holmes and Porky as Dr Watson...Duck Dodgers in the 21st and a half century (wih Porky as his trusty sidekick of course)...:manlol:

Please use plain text.
Regular Social Butterfly
gatorgorilla

13wolfman wrote:

I have often said my all-time favorite comedy duo was Daffy Duck and Porky Pig. Some of my favorites were with Daffy as Robin Hood and Porky as Friar Tuck...Daffy as Sherlock Holmes and Porky as Dr Watson...Duck Dodgers in the 21st and a half century (wih Porky as his trusty sidekick of course)...:manlol:

You did a great job of describing, in just a few words, how silly/funny Daffy & Porky could be together!  With just your few words, I was vividly remembering that funny duo.  Thanks for a good chuckle and also for jolting my memory - I have not thought about the Daffy-Porky antics in years! :womanlol:

Please use plain text.