How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 31 of 268 (121 Views)

@DaveMcK Woo hoo! Two bball games for the travel to one! Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 268 (123 Views)

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch ! Temps in the high 70's today with rain tonight and tomorrow. We got home last night after watching the second lackluster game played by the Milwaukee Brewers over 2 days. They seem to be having a hard time defending 1st place in the division. Spent a night in a hotel between game. We saw friends for lunch before going to the second evening game of our stay.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 268 (136 Views)

Comfy 66* with no humidity due until Friday.

Cute bear, consider dogs or gun to warn teddy off. Most of the foaming bear spray is good for 20-30 foot spray if well shaken.

I mention dogs as mine in years past have treed several, and given teddy pause. Helped my neighbors with bears on the deck, emptying feeders.

Side note bears dislike the smell of dog spotting territory.

Where the scent is There may be dogs unfriendly to bears 🐻.

Froze

Message 34 of 268 (139 Views)

88 forecast
but 95 recorded:
67 at 3.

Today may be same
time to start watering, then.
Hillside needs refreshed.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 35 of 268 (137 Views)

@JoyaDe Indeed, I have been carrying bear spray. Goofy time of year: neither the layers or the roasters want to go inside until dusk. I keep explaining to them that they will not enjoy meeting Mr. Bear, but this has not helped change their habits. Smiley Happy

Your bear looks like it wants to come in for tea. Smiley Happy

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 268 (133 Views)

@Epster   Oh my goodness. I sure hope you manage to harvest your birds before the bear gets to them.  Do you have a good bear repellant spray to keep yourselves safe?  If not, try wasp and hornet spray. Those can shoot a stream 20 to 30 feet, and so you don't need to be up close and personal like with mace.  They used to come around at my place too.  window bear.jpg;-)

Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 268 (138 Views)

bear perilsbear perils

Bear aroma, signs…
lights left ablaze overnight.
Roos days from harvest.

Compost pile rifled
feathers from last processed birds
scattered about hill.

Neighbor’s rubbish bin
dumped on driveway two days
before trash pick up.

Cornish roasters fat,
approaching harvest day: Fri
9 birds to process.

So few, but so long…
farmer losing sleep over
bear aroma, signs.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 268 (152 Views)

Hello, Everyone!

@doglover52, Sue, I'm hoping the same thing happens here. We have severe storms predicted for later today and tonight with high winds, hail, and all that yucky stuff. So...if the storms take away the humidity that will be one good thing they do.

Right now it is cloudy with bursts of sun, and 82 feeling like 87. You can go outside and just stand there and your skin steams up. Yesterday I got out of the car at the grocery store and my glasses steamed up and I couldn't see a thing. Cat LOL N.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 268 (132 Views)

Lots of blue in the sky this morning here and a forecast high of 70. 

The weather report shows a lot more rain for today.

We had a nice storm overnight, a quiet female.

The little Indigo Bunting has already been at the feeder.

When he leaves here, he heads over to the big spruce at the end of the drive-way.

I wonder what his mate looks like.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 40 of 268 (128 Views)

Good Monday all,hope everybody had a great weekend. I was happy the t.storms that rolled thru WNY yesterday afternoon,took away the humidity.The high yesterday before the rain came was 86. Today,partly sunny temps in mid 70's.

This morning around 10,I'll be out with my'garden supervisor',Don trimming a bush in the garden.

Enjoy your day Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides