Make Your Weekend a Day or Two Longer With Cheap Trip Ideas at AARP Travel’s Take A Day.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! MAY-JUNE

Message 61 of 293 (266 Views)

@Epster   Oh my goodness. I sure hope you manage to harvest your birds before the bear gets to them.  Do you have a good bear repellant spray to keep yourselves safe?  If not, try wasp and hornet spray. Those can shoot a stream 20 to 30 feet, and so you don't need to be up close and personal like with mace.  They used to come around at my place too.  window bear.jpg;-)

Smiley Wink

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 293 (271 Views)

bear perilsbear perils

Bear aroma, signs…
lights left ablaze overnight.
Roos days from harvest.

Compost pile rifled
feathers from last processed birds
scattered about hill.

Neighbor’s rubbish bin
dumped on driveway two days
before trash pick up.

Cornish roasters fat,
approaching harvest day: Fri
9 birds to process.

So few, but so long…
farmer losing sleep over
bear aroma, signs.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 293 (285 Views)

Hello, Everyone!

@doglover52, Sue, I'm hoping the same thing happens here. We have severe storms predicted for later today and tonight with high winds, hail, and all that yucky stuff. So...if the storms take away the humidity that will be one good thing they do.

Right now it is cloudy with bursts of sun, and 82 feeling like 87. You can go outside and just stand there and your skin steams up. Yesterday I got out of the car at the grocery store and my glasses steamed up and I couldn't see a thing. Cat LOL N.

Message 64 of 293 (266 Views)

Lots of blue in the sky this morning here and a forecast high of 70. 

The weather report shows a lot more rain for today.

We had a nice storm overnight, a quiet female.

The little Indigo Bunting has already been at the feeder.

When he leaves here, he heads over to the big spruce at the end of the drive-way.

I wonder what his mate looks like.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 65 of 293 (260 Views)

Good Monday all,hope everybody had a great weekend. I was happy the t.storms that rolled thru WNY yesterday afternoon,took away the humidity.The high yesterday before the rain came was 86. Today,partly sunny temps in mid 70's.

This morning around 10,I'll be out with my'garden supervisor',Don trimming a bush in the garden.

Enjoy your day Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 66 of 293 (257 Views)

Fingernail moon rise:
eastern hogbacks highlighted.
Starscape presiding.

All this beauty to
exit, leaving stage open
to another gorgeous day.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 67 of 293 (268 Views)

@Epster @catwoman500  I agree with the consensus of Indigo Bunting. I went to the website that you supplied, and with the map on the page it makes sense also.  He's been in and out of the feeder again all day. I poured a good bit of the fruit and nut trail mix into the feeder and I think that's what keeps him coming back.  So thank you both.  My rabbit won't miss it that bag, he gets so many goodies, and after clearing out the old seed, that is now out on the drive-way, and attracting squirrels, chipmunks, and a very large crow, and the Cardinal....in all his red finery. I wanted something a bit more attractive than just plain old seed mix.  I took more photo's that I have yet to download from my camera, and I'm hoping I have better light on some of them.

Message 68 of 293 (263 Views)

Check forecast; find trail
high 70s - high 80s
locale depending.

Rivers running high,
wildflowers reaching higher.
Sun dances with clouds.

Respite ride today,
stretch yesterday’s hardworked parts,

let spirit soar with wind.

tall-yellow-wildflowers.jpg

Message 69 of 293 (256 Views)

@JoyaDe I say bunting, because I see no evidence of the rusty wing tips, but do see dark around the eyes, wing tips and tail. (Awesome visitor! Lucky you!)

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 70 of 293 (274 Views)

@JoyaDe, Maybe this link will help. Buntings are about the size of a sparrow, grosbeaks are larger... Hope it works! Cat Happy

https://www.sdakotabirds.com/diffids/blue_grosbeak_bunting.htm