Help AARP Foundation raise $125K by March 29 to fight hunger. Donate Now

Super Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! MARCH-APRIL

Message 71 of 163 (140 Views)

@Epster It seems so early to be having fires.  Just drives one crazy to think how careless people can be. Those fires are so,destructive. Prayers that they can get it all contained.. sad, sad! 

PJ
Super Social Butterfly

Message 72 of 163 (140 Views)

Epster wrote:

@GREYGRAMA. Ugh! What a scary ordeal! Thanks for letting us know of your diabetes struggle, so that we can pray for you and hope for the best. Now get out there and enjoy that fabulous western air and sunshine! Smiley Happy

Thank you for the encouragement and prayers. We did get out and take a walk after supper, hubby and three dogs, Frank, Max and Abby. We are dog sitting a pug. The dogs 🐶 love the walks. It was a little brisk with the wind.

PJ
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 73 of 163 (154 Views)

Happy Spring, Everyone!

Right now it's 37, going to 47 with bright sunshine. Hopefully this will melt some of the huge snow piles. I can actually see grass in the backyard! The front yard still looks like Antarctica. The robins are confused. Cat Tongue N.

Topics: 39
Kudos: 1,317

Message 74 of 163 (131 Views)

Good Morning all ~

It's currently 48 degrees with bright sunshine.  Expected high temp by 3 PM about 57 degrees!

@DaveMcK  Thanks for the timely reminder and great pics!

@ASTRAEA  Agree w/you about spilling antifreeze on snow or the ground...curious puppies lick and antifreeze ingestion is a bad thing...ask anyone who's seen an episode or two of "Forensic Files!"

@GREYGRAMA  Sorry to hear about your "adventure" at the hospital!  As a fellow traveler with your diagnosis, I offer you encouragement that, yes, there is indeed a great life to be lived after finding out you have diabetes!  Wishing you oodles of encouragement, peace and grace!  ~  Mimi

"Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness." ~ Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 75 of 163 (132 Views)

Good morning everyone. It is partly cloudy today with a high of around 59*. I am hoping you all have a great first day of Spring. 

FB_IMG_1490020885281.jpgFB_IMG_1490020749960.jpgFB_IMG_1490020772944.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

[ Edited ]
Message 76 of 163 (127 Views)

@LaDolceVita, @Frozenoem - Sorry I didn't respond faster; lost my internet connection yesterday morning, and was still out after 3 hours on the phone with my service provider! They said I should try replacing the modem, but the store was closed yesterday .. so I was offline. I turned it on this morning .. and everything's normal .. at least for now!

I had a nice time at the play Saturday, but was disappointed in the steak I had for dinner .. won't go back there again!

I use Rain-X on my windows too. Since my car wouldn't be out that long in the snow, I don't want to use anything like antifreeze to melt it. Animals taste it & get sick; bad stuff!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 163 (134 Views)

@DaveMcK Hi Dave,congrats on Wisconsin's upset of #1 seed and defending champ,Villanova,well deserved win.Thanks for including picture of downtown area of my hometown,Buffalo,NY where the 1st two rounds of the NCAA tournament took place over the weekend.

My favorite team,North Carolina squandered a big lead but got past Arkansas.I'm thrilled UNC's rival,Duke lost,its made my day. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 78 of 163 (140 Views)

Well they did get that incredible Colorado Front Range weekend forecast correct. We did see brilliant sunshine and 80F all weekend. It is 50F now, and the sun will not crest our backyard ridge for 3 hours. And they were right about wildfires: one started in the hills west of Boulder in the wee hours of Sunday morning; current theory regarding cause being human. Probably campers. Illegally camped marijuana tourists caused the last wildfire in that general vicinity. Last I knew the wind was whipping the fire to within a mile of the city, and it was 50 percent contained.

I must say despite having gleefully used up every last ounce of that weekend sunshine DH and I are relieved to see that by week's end the temps shall be back to 50s and 60s. There's even a chance of rain, hallelujah!

Today is expected to be breezy and partly cloudy.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good health neither comes cheap, nor is it easy.
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 79 of 163 (137 Views)

@GREYGRAMA. Ugh! What a scary ordeal! Thanks for letting us know of your diabetes struggle, so that we can pray for you and hope for the best. Now get out there and enjoy that fabulous western air and sunshine! Smiley Happy

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Good health neither comes cheap, nor is it easy.

Message 80 of 163 (156 Views)

Yesterday was a great day for Madtown and the Wisconsin Badgers! 

In foul trouble, running out of steam, Wisconsin trailed by seven with just over five minutes to play against Villanova, who began flexing their muscles and showing why only two teams had beaten them all season.

But the Badgers weren't ready for their season to end.

Hayes converted the game-winning layup with 11 seconds remaining. (Photo: Getty)

(8) Wisconsin (27-9) closed on a 15-5 run, highlighted by the go-ahead lay up from senior forward Nigel Hayes with 11 seconds remaining to take down the 1-seed Wildcats (32-4) 65-62 on Saturday.

Knocking off their third No. 1 seed since 2013-14, the Badgers weren't fazed by the defending national champs, who had won eight-straight tournament games before Saturday.

"We played a really great team, great team," Hayes said. "It took a great effort from us, and we're just proud of ourselves for getting the job done."

FB_IMG_1489937800236.jpgFB_IMG_1489872989177.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper