AARP’s New Video Explains the Perils of the Health Care Bill in Storybook Fashion. Watch Here

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 71 of 104 (110 Views)

@Epster  When I lived in New Mexico, my friend and I would drive into Old Mexico. She'd buy cases of Ever Clear for her son who was an herbalist and would make tinctures. It was very inexpensive down there. I think some of the US states sell ever clear also, but I'm not certain if they still do. It was a very long time ago, that I knew that to be a fact. 

Message 72 of 104 (95 Views)

My 9 year old pup decided she wanted to stay outside last night when it was bedtime and the other pup came in. She was all curled up in the hay and wouldn't budge when called to come in. So I let her stay. 'bout 2:30 she started barking at the patio door. When I opened it, she ran as fast as her little 3 inch legs would carry her into the bedroom and her bed. I don't know what frightened her, if anything, or if she got cold. It will be interesting to see if she pulls that again tonight. She didn't get her bedtime treat last night either.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 73 of 104 (111 Views)

67* I've discovered when it's time to mow, furry creatures with more hair then I invade the dogs pen.

Time to finish mowing and string trimming, etc.

Have to keep the rest of family from moving in. I don't mind the doe and 3 fawns beyond the fence but, draw the line sometimes in the weeds.

Froz

RodentRodent

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 74 of 104 (111 Views)

“Goodnight Mr. Moon,”
she whispers to him from the
open upstairs window.

All is quiet, save
the river splashing it’s way
down the canyon to the plains.

Not an owl hoot, nor
kingbird song heard.
Stillness is the night.

But stillness stops there,
for a racer’s gotta train.
So she zooms toward dawn.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 75 of 104 (126 Views)

tincture making days are heretincture making days are here

Herbs bloom; time to cut!
Menstruum, apothecary
ready and waiting.

100 proof cures
a herbalist’s ludic heart.
Good health is sober.

ancient plant wisdom brings modern healthancient plant wisdom brings modern health

July: tincture month:
We buy vodka by the case.
Ancient flora wisdom.

Harvest, forage, dry.
Sunshine, heat compound solids:
time, solvent extract.

mountain weather produces many plants used in herbal preparationsmountain weather produces many plants used in herbal preparations

85 today
perfect time to fill
jars with plant goodness.

A stocked apothecary to support healthy livingA stocked apothecary to support healthy living

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 76 of 104 (152 Views)

Finally a day without the AC, although it has its price with rain. No swimming for me today. Cat Sad

I just finished a book out on my "front porch," and now I guess I'll work on my latest doll outfit so I can finish it and list it on Ebay soon.

It's 74 right now and luckily it's a light rain coming straight down so I can leave the windows open. Just heard the weather man say, "This rain isn't close to being over." One good thing is that if it rains enough, I won't have to add water to the pool. Free water is good! Cat Happy

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 77 of 104 (153 Views)

Hot and humid to start the day with my golf game not worth talking about. The high for the day will be around 89* at about 3:00PM this afternoon. Chance of strong storms this evening. There is a good outlook for nice weather this weekend. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 78 of 104 (170 Views)

66* in Maine, expected 81 and humidity rising.

Need to finish the mowing, grass grows who knew!

@JoyaDe

How do I get a cupcake app, I've been on salads for too long. And haven't managed a hike this week, try as I might.

Froze

[ Edited ]
Message 79 of 104 (164 Views)

beat the heat.jpg

I’ve heard it said that
If you can’t stand the heat, you
should leave the kitchen.

Well I can’t stand it
thus I proclaim these to be
summer salad days!

On a happy note,
these are premium days for
topless Jeep touring!

Jeep owners have all the fun! :)Jeep owners have all the fun! Smiley Happy

@JoyaDe Ugh! Tornadoes at dawn? There oughta be a law limiting the hours possible for tornadoes, or better yet, making them illegal. That has my vote. Hope you and yours are well.

Message 80 of 104 (177 Views)

@Epster  I just looked at your temp, and turned on my AC.  It's the first time it's been on since last year, but it should help remove some of the humidity from the house. My grandson complains of the heat, but it was only 80 in here yesterday...  A nice temp really.