How Prescription Drugs Are Pinching Your Pocketbook on 'AARP Live' at 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 51 of 97 (118 Views)

I just realized I have not posted for a while.  Georgia weather continues to be quite nice.  We had a few 90s but not too many in a row, plenty of rain.  Hopefully it continues like this till the end of summer. 

@Frozenoem Having trouble logging into AARP from Firefox, slows me down quite a bit.  Any hints on how to fix this?

vita umbratilis
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 97 (117 Views)

@Epster  Tico came in right away when called last night. They pups and the rabbit all stay within a good sized enclosure that runs under the deck, and down the length of the garage, then fenced out 12 feet from there. Plenty of space, some under cover, and tunnels, of course, that the rabbit constructs. I think Tico wanted to stay out and enjoy the moon the other night. 

If my memory serves me, one of the reasons my friends son used everclear, was since it was being used in his tinctures, he wasn't paying taxes on it, nor was it taxed as liquor when brought into the country from Mexico. 

I used to love the topless  days in my convertibles. There weren't all that many in Minnesota, and sometimes I needed to have the heater on. I don't remember if my '65 Mustang convertible had AC or not. It was so long ago....

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 53 of 97 (115 Views)

The sun is out this morning. 

We had one wild and woolly storm last night.

Just a moment ago, I saw two of the blue birds,

The real ones with the orange breasts out under my feeder.

One of them looked very young. Not much of the bright color yet. 

The other day, the Orieoles were on the feeder and the "baby" was being fed from the suet cake.

Fun to watch. The adopt such a pitiful flutter of the wings, and open mouthed begging pose.

They reminded me of the little kids waiting for their Dairy Queen order to arrive.

Message 54 of 97 (120 Views)

You could harvest rather than compost this edible weed.You could harvest rather than compost this edible weed.

One thing about heat:
feral flora thrive in it.
Where’s my garden now?

Cooler temps forecast
though it’s 68 outside
and it is still dark.

Weed pulling workout!
First out: Lambsquarter, AKA
tasty, wild spinach.

More about lambsquarter: http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/seasonal-recipes/lambsquarter-ze0z1412zcgp

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 55 of 97 (138 Views)

Sun Prairie’s own Jimmy the Groundhog saw his shadow at a ceremony Thursday morning, predicting six more weeks of winter.

It was Sun Prairie’s 69th annual Groundhog Day Celebration.

The tradition of Groundhog Day says that if it is cloudy when the groundhog emerges from its burrow, spring will come early. If it's sunny, the groundhog will see its shadow and retreat to its burrow, meaning that winter will last six more weeks.

The News 3 Weather Center reported clear skies Thursday morning.

Punxsutawney Phil made the same prediction Thursday in Pennsylvania.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 97 (134 Views)

They are "Groundhogs" here in PA...our famous one "predicts" the coming (or not) of spring each year on Groundhog Day. Cat LOL Punxsutawney Phil is his name.

I've got a big fat one with a bad "tude" who has tunnels all over my property. He loves the ones he has made that surround the edge of my pool, and pops up all the time and just gives me that stare (with the raised stank eyebrow I bet.) Ugly varmint! Hate to think what happens in the early AM or after dark. There are muddy paw prints around the edge of the pool sometimes, and I know this spring he slid into the cover for some water as there were muddy slide marks along with the paw prints. UGH!

He actually has a cute face, but I try to ignore that!

Message 57 of 97 (143 Views)

@Frozenoem Guessing the vernacular is woodchuck in the east then, as we call 'em groundhogs out here. Usually. There was a recent headline about a woodchuck that burned a truck and got away with it, but they were going for viral odd news, I think. Course, that woodchuck had attitude, too, so maybe it's a behavior thing. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 58 of 97 (109 Views)

95 forecast.
Would-be champions ride hard
and fast, very early.

4G calories
expended: we nosh on greens,
beans, cheese and veggies.

Swamp cooler blasting
chilled air overhead, we sit,
ignoring fatigue.

I skipped a few of these. How about you?I skipped a few of these. How about you?

[ Edited ]
Message 59 of 97 (109 Views)

@JoyaDe Awwww. Hope your pup didn't have to pay dearly for that lesson. Night noise can be frightening.

Yeppers, they sell Ever Clear here. I used to use an organic potato vodka, but the company stopped manufacturing it, so I'm back to grain vodka. Oh, and brandy for the lemon balm. Smiley Happy

This time of year my house has screens of herbs drying, jars of tincture lining closets, other jars of vinegar stuffed with herbs, and I run around harvesting seed heads and flowers as if I was getting paid to do so. Smiley Happy Weeee! Smiley Happy

LOL on the topless Jeep thing. Jeepers have at least one Go Topless Day each year. You can imagine the slogans. ... 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 60 of 97 (102 Views)

@Epster

It's a Woodchuck or a Groundhog, they're both the same creature.

That one has attitude, he advances when I'm mowing.

Think he prefers my south-facing yard to neighbors north facing.

Froze