How Prescription Drugs Are Pinching Your Pocketbook on 'AARP Live' at 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

[ Edited ]
Message 31 of 97 (162 Views)

Oh life’s vagaries!
Hot sun; cool rain, wind and then
do it all again.

Angry, sadness, mad
inexplicably replaced
by smile, joy beam, calm.

Turn, churn and repeat.
Sift and process emotion
while she churns the sky.

@JoyaDe Fingers crossed! Our near the river, yet out of the 1000-year flood plain property could sell easily, given the fact that this area's available building lots have been snapped up in the past decade and that most of what is left undeveloped is either nat'l forest or preserved via 99 year conservation easement ... and also that the area in general is seeing a change in demographics ... but the abode is a one-of-a-kinder and thus was on the market a full year when we stumbled upon it, so I am budgeting that length of time when we get to the point of divestiture. I mean, I'd like it have an offer within 24 hours as did our first house, but ...

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 97 (178 Views)

@catwoman500   I read that in the newspaper this morning too. Overjoyed to hear that. Coffee is the start to my day, everyday. 

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 97 (172 Views)

@Epster Yes, he was a reseller. He had quite an on-line business along with his store. He grew many of his herbs at his house, but others were found growing wild out in the desert. Or in the mountain forests.

My pups and rabbit have it good. The rabbit gets freshly grown herbs and lots of good stuff. He is one happy Hopalong. 

Yes, you will have a very marketable piece of property there.  Maybe you can supply some of the health food co-ops or something with all the excess?

It's hot and humid around here today. I actually put the AC on again for about an hour. Just to get some of the humidity out of the house.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 97 (181 Views)

@LaDolceVita...True words for sure. I lie in bed anticipating that first cup!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 97 (168 Views)

@DaveMcK...Thanks! Sounds like a good idea since I just got chased out of the pool by the rain. I took the rain for about 10 min, but I only got in a 20 min walk. My hat was getting ruined and all my towels were soaked by the time I gave up. Decided not to swim since I can't hear if there is thunder with my head in the watCat LOLer. Coffee is an excellent idea!

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 36 of 97 (176 Views)

It is hot and humid here today and more of the same next couple of days. 

@catwoman500 This one is for you.

FB_IMG_1498879153115.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 37 of 97 (172 Views)

@catwoman500  Woman Very Happy  First cup of coffee is the best part of the day!!

vita umbratilis
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 38 of 97 (157 Views)

Good Morning!

Always considered coffee my "lifeline," and now according to studies (announced ont he Today show this AM), moderate coffee consumption will lengthen your life considerably! Regular or decaf, no difference. Of course the studies were done with black coffee. Those of us who add things to their coffee may have to deal with the consequences of living an hour less? Cat LOL

LONG LIVE THE BEAN!

Message 39 of 97 (165 Views)

Break in the heatwave
days of mid 80s ahead
Well, they say that now.

Rocky Mountains make
and break weather men, forecasts.
She does what she does.

@JoyaDe I take it your friend's son was a reseller. I'm just making medicines for me and mine; no longer practising herbalism for John Q. Was approached last week by an herbalist who wants to buy the farm when we are ready to sell (8 years maybe? Then this property will have a 32 year organic history, which, sez me, shall drive up the price nicely...) So I guess I should stop ripping out excessive-for-our-needs medicinals. LOL. I grow over 45 medicinals.

And your pet run sounds like just the thing. No wonder the pup was thinking he'd just stay put for the night. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 97 (191 Views)

We had 4 1/2" of rain over night. Today was partly sunny and humid. Golf went well this morning. The sand traps were full of water but not a real problem for my group. Will be hot for several days with chance of more rain. 

12185042_1654176148192346_4289481877307096053_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper