How Prescription Drugs Are Pinching Your Pocketbook on 'AARP Live' at 10 p.m. ET Online or on RFD-TV

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 21 of 97 (179 Views)

Does anyone know why I would no longer be notified when someone replies to a post?  I still have the block checked but stopped getting the notifications a couple of weeks ago.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 97 (168 Views)

@Frozenoem  Thank you for sending that info about Anonymous posts.  

Yes, the weather is going to stop cooperating.  Low 90s, lows in the low 70s, still not terrible but not as nice as it has been.  Two and a half months to go before October, which I have come to think of as the month of Camelot.  Low humidity, nice temps, beautiful fall color, driving to the mountains, fall festivals.  

vita umbratilis

Message 23 of 97 (171 Views)

Our summer routine:
mid eighties, mild, calm, sunny
'til PM t-storms.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 97 (182 Views)

@DaveMcK  The wild storm hit here during the night. Woke me up with all the lightning flashes and the very noisey thunder. The winds sounded really wild, and from the looks of my yard, a lot of the dead branches are now off the trees. 

My succulent dish was floating with excess water this morning, so I drilled holes in the bottom. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 97 (168 Views)

@PattyDiane...Oh, that is exciting! I hope it works out for you. I hate to bring up the possibility that she may have a chip in her, but it may be wise to have that checked before you get too attached? Just a thought.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 97 (155 Views)

@LaDolceVita...Yeah, I just try to growl and hiss at it so it will go away. Most of the time that I'm in the pool my next door neighbors are not home, so no one thinks I'm a loose nut, but at other times I know they have seen me chase ducks from the pool cover with a broom in the spring and they know the groundhog is quite happy in my yard. The kids got a kick out of it the first time they saw it emerging around the pool edge. Cat LOL

Very steamy day here...88, but feels like 94. Tomorrow it will feel like it's around 105! Cat Sad

Message 27 of 97 (155 Views)

@PattyDiane  I was thinking of you this morning!

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 97 (149 Views)

It's been a while since I've posted here.  To be honest, I haven't had anything interesting to post as one day has seemed to just fade into the next.

Well, that changed yesterday with an early morning knock on the door.  I started to let it go unanswered, thinking it was just UPS but then I looked out and saw it was a neighbor.  He told me another neighbor had found a dog and had called animal control.  He hated to see it go to the pound but he couldn't keep it and neither could they.  He knew I'd lost my Brandi almost exactly a year ago and thought I might be ready for a new one.

I told him to bring her over and let us get acquainted.  She's a cutie and just what I said I needed if I was to get another dog.  She's small, only about 12 pounds and a cuddle bunny.  I don't know if I'm going to be able to get problems solved.  She's escaped both times I've tried to take her outside.  She seems to like the porch next door.  I need to get my fence repaired and a collar that fits her better.  Life just got a lot more exciting.

Treasured Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 29 of 97 (151 Views)

This morning I was awakened by our weather radio followed by a blast of wind and very heavy rain. Still have thunderstorms all around us which are expected to end in about 2 hours with 1 1/2" rain so far. Than hot and very humid till later this afternoon when more rain is to move in and is to end about 3:00AM.

Golf looks possible tomarrow morning unless there is standing water.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 97 (146 Views)

catwoman500 wrote:

They are "Groundhogs" here in PA...our famous one "predicts" the coming (or not) of spring each year on Groundhog Day. Cat LOL Punxsutawney Phil is his name.

I've got a big fat one with a bad "tude" who has tunnels all over my property. He loves the ones he has made that surround the edge of my pool, and pops up all the time and just gives me that stare (with the raised stank eyebrow I bet.) Ugly varmint! Hate to think what happens in the early AM or after dark. There are muddy paw prints around the edge of the pool sometimes, and I know this spring he slid into the cover for some water as there were muddy slide marks along with the paw prints. UGH!

He actually has a cute face, but I try to ignore that!

@catwoman500  I get a funny picture in my head of you taking it easy in the pool  & being visited.  I am guessing that you do not scream.

Our weather begins to look ugly beginning about July 22nd.  Mid 90s. 

vita umbratilis