Penalties Loom for ACA Enrollees Who Don’t Switch to Medicare by Sept. 30. Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 61 of 247 (283 Views)

Frozenoem wrote:

Ever spend 36 hours puppy proofing a house, that hasn't had anyone other than a slight cantankerous human in it for awhile.

Recieved a call on Friday, and today I get a 1-2year old Rescue spayed 50lb Dutchie.

@Frozenoem Huzzbah on the new pup! May cantankerousness meld perfectly with frenetic kinesis. And may you both be blessed for it. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 62 of 247 (292 Views)

Ugh, is it morning already.

66* and partly cloudy.

Ever spend 36 hours puppy proofing a house, that hasn't had anyone other than a slight cantankerous human in it for awhile.

Recieved a call on Friday, and today I get a 1-2year old Rescue spayed 50lb Dutchie.

Need coffee, 1 more hour to go, shucks just remembered the boots, shoes, and more boots pile gotta go.

Froze

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 63 of 247 (284 Views)

I'm feeling nostalgic today and a bit sad.  When I was a child and a young adult today was a big birthday celebration day.  It's actually the birthday of my younger sister, but yesterday was my grandmother's birthday and they were always celebrated at the same time.  Tomorrow is the birthday of my first husband who was added to the mix for several years.  We would just about have time to finish all the cake and ice cream when we would do it all over again to celebrate my mother's birthday on the 29th.  That one was a bit more sombre since it was mixed with the knowledge that summer was over and school was about to begin.

Sadly none of these people are here anymore.  I lost track of the husband several years ago so I hope he is celebrating another year.  As for the others, they are all in my thoughts.

Message 64 of 247 (287 Views)

@DaveMcK Those painted milk cans are gorgeous! Enjoy the nice weather. Fingers crossed you get to golf. Smiley Happy

60 hill training
miles under hot, hot skies, Sat.
Cooler miles ahead.

88 degrees
to arrive well after we
have finished ride.

Sweat is good for you.
Our forever mantra, that.
Sweat is good for you.

Bet these guys know how good it is to sweat.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 65 of 247 (273 Views)

Good morning everyone! Nice weather here for a few days with temps in the mid 80's and no rain till Monday which puts golf in doubt. 

FB_IMG_1503147920400.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 66 of 247 (285 Views)

Two does and a fawn
grazed past picture window
light spots on fawn’s back.

A welcome visit,
unlike the one shown above.
Not my cuppa tea.

Message 67 of 247 (313 Views)

Grapes are ripening,
round, firm and juicy, they are
love this time of year.

Mild weather today,
90 degrees tomorrow.
Cooler Sunday, on.

Message 68 of 247 (303 Views)

So we wonder why
we never get thank-you notes
from all those plains states.

After all, our peaks
create endless thunderstorms.
Corn, crops need water.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 69 of 247 (320 Views)

Window closing time is here once again. Had to put the AC on. Cat Sad

Only 83, but feels like 88 and the humidity is ugly. It was sunny up until about a minute ago, but I'm sure it will return. No rain is forecast until tomorrow night.

Got my electric/gas bill and it was nice to see that they lowered my monthly budget...probably because the AC has not been used for a couple of weeks. HA! Not going to hold my breath because when it's time to turn on the heat they'll be raising the monthly amount again. Cat Tongue

[ Edited ]
Message 70 of 247 (337 Views)

Good morning everyone! Yesterday we did a day trip so that Mary could have a leason on how to use her new cutting machine for making greating cards and bulletin board items for Emma's kindergarten class room. 

Today we will be in for temps in the upper 70's with rain tonight and early tomorrow morning. 

il_340x270.616325900_daqx.jpg15291032ALT3.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper