Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 41 of 247 (244 Views)

Ma Nature gets up 

early to create days like
this. Harvey be nice.

Here we get 90,
so we get up early too:
hot well before noon.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 42 of 247 (272 Views)

@JoyaDe

When standing my pups' nose is about Kitchen counter height, no measuring tape handy. She is a 50 lb. puppy, king size bed - no problem. Expected growth and weight total around 90-100ish pounds. Not much more, judging by the other 2:3 with this body type.

53* sun is in the sky who gets out the door first, geese are on the air flying, as are we.

Marrow bones are heavy , first thing in morning, someone needs new chewing / throwing ropes.

Froze

Message 43 of 247 (276 Views)

@DaveMcK Huzzbah for weather surprises! Glad you had a great game.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 44 of 247 (273 Views)

JoyaDe wrote:

@Epster  It was cloudy here, so didn't see the eclipse at all. In fact it didn't get any darker around here either. I guess I am too far north of the good visibility.  It was being shown on TV, and in fact, one of my friends was very put out about her soap being pre-empted. I had to chuckle about that, but then, I get ticked off when they interrupt Jeopardy about some bit of news, that could wait until it's actually "their turn". Our news and weather come on right after Jeopardy.

This morning is really cool. The humidity has dropped a bit now too. Our State Fair starts up so that should help the attendance numbers. It's a big deal around here. 

@JoyaDe Luvs me some State Fair! Oh, but the homemade, hand spun, hand woven, hand sewn textiles are such a wonder. I also like to hang out at the 4-H events. Smiley Happy Have a terrific time!

Message 45 of 247 (250 Views)

Bait and switch forecast
now says next week will be hot
high 80s, not bad.

Conspiracy? Hm. Don't think so. But then again, conspiracy theories do run rampant these days ... 

Message 46 of 247 (251 Views)

Recap of the last few days! Monday's rain never happened and I had my best round of golf so far this year. Did not have a chance to see the Eclipse as it was very cloudy as forecasted. It got darker here so I knew when it was happening. However, I watched the coverage on TV which was the safest way to see it and I saw it from several locations. Tuesday was dry and cool so I was able harvest the lawn again. 

Today it will be in the mid 70's and the weather forecast for tomorrows round of golf is good. 

FB_IMG_1503147880489.jpg12052558_1654176188192342_3920206128650197731_o.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 247 (246 Views)

@Frozenoem  My pups are too small to make the jump into my bed, so they need to be lifted. The ritural around here is that they go out very early. Then we all go back to our own beds for about a half an hour or so. Then they want to be lifted into my bed, where we snuggle and cuddle sleepily for another half hour. Then its play time on the bed, and "lets see if we can dig mom out". They want breakfast. This morning, Tico got shut out in the hallway went we went in for our back to bed time. So, she didn't get cuddle time. She's been pouting.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 48 of 247 (205 Views)

@Epster  It was cloudy here, so didn't see the eclipse at all. In fact it didn't get any darker around here either. I guess I am too far north of the good visibility.  It was being shown on TV, and in fact, one of my friends was very put out about her soap being pre-empted. I had to chuckle about that, but then, I get ticked off when they interrupt Jeopardy about some bit of news, that could wait until it's actually "their turn". Our news and weather come on right after Jeopardy.

This morning is really cool. The humidity has dropped a bit now too. Our State Fair starts up so that should help the attendance numbers. It's a big deal around here. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 49 of 247 (219 Views)

Hi to all,its been warm&humid here in Buffalo the past couple of days.Yesterday morning at 6:30 it was 76,a cold front went thru with late day showers,took away the humidty. On my morning walk,temp was 61,felt devine!

I didn't watch the solar eclipse was reading instead. The next one in 7yrs,I may participate since the best viewing will be here in WNY area Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 247 (223 Views)

Weird morning 68, will warm they said dry heat😎.

Somebody started giving puppy kisses and jumping off and on bed, with This is your warning.

Made it, out to yard in short order. Have to make coffee night before, air pot was empty - auggh. 

Not quite ready for that battle between (work in progress) and her first moose. When I'm in slippers and still sleeping.

Work in progress * is her name, still calling her former dogs names. Her name and someone's going to be agitated, a friends name.

Ears shot straight up, at one friends name and she came running. Thus far, it's the only name that always works.😇

Thus far the Mississippi girl came with name of Chevron - Nah uh. Chevy don't think that'll stick.Subject to change may become Chelli .

Need coffee, 3 nights in still velcroed.

Frozen