Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 21 of 247 (204 Views)

Good afternoon everyone! Hoping everyone had a great weekend. Today started out cloudy with thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon. It was a good morning for golf and my round was good. It was the last day of league play for the year. We have had a pair of Sandhill Crane that have been wandering the golf course for several weeks now. They were there again today. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Respected Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 22 of 247 (218 Views)

@Frozenoem  She is lovely.  I had a black German Shepherd,  she showed up at my house in 1994, about 10 months old at the time.  Lost her to degenerative myelopathy 10 years later.  There is a resemblence to your puppy.  Hurts to remember but we did have 10 years together.

@GREYGRAMA  What a horrible story in ND.

vita umbratilis
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 247 (223 Views)

@bayside21  Nice to have you join us again.  I still post in the Whats Everyone Reading thread!  Mostly Sue (Doglover) & I posting there now.  Please feel to post there also.  Many people have left this site because of all the changes made in 2014.

vita umbratilis
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 247 (235 Views)

Sunny and 69, forecast high 80's today. 

Minnesota Vikings won.🙂

🙏 Prayers for Texas!

💔 our hearts are broken with the news of Savanna Greywind.  Her body was found in the Red River last night. I can't fathom the agony and the reality of such a horror. It makes me ill, I can't even imagine what the family is enduring. 🙏🏻 prayers for this family. 

Body of missing North Dakota woman found wrapped in plastic, police say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/28/body-missing-north-dakota-woman-found-wrapped-in-plastic-police...

PJ
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 247 (265 Views)

My kids in Texas were okay yesterday when I talked to them. No electricity, and they had to rescue their in-laws from their new house. I praying the rains will stop soon.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 26 of 247 (270 Views)

Hi LaDolce, haven't been on for quite sometime but I recognized you from our original pages discussing books, movies and personal goodies or problems.  We have been quite busy for this last year since we downsized once again to a more senior housing village-not the fancy kind just apartments; a bit smaller than our last one that was very large, however, aging and circumstances (they raised the rents thinking they were Near Boston)so we got lucky since our name was on a list for a long time.  

We still do read a lot, movies, card playing, walking(husband walks fast with walker)new recipes to cook, watching sports and sometime when not rushing around a bit of coloring while watching a program.

Found the Crown to be so interesting to watch, hope there is another season.  Other spectrum watched Ozark it to was a hoot.  Rented The Accountant-excellent, The Lion and Zookeepers Wife; highly recommend all.  Now I have to get ready for afternoon card game-husband is hosting his group at our clubhouse which is just run by the residents no fancy upscale stuff here just using common sense with our neighbors.  I play as well this afternoon at our senior center 9 tables is the usual turnout so nice we laugh a lot but of course want to win.

Oh best book I enjoyed so much Gentleman from Moscow-slowly read by me since I did not want it to end, also Ove

see you online     bayside

bayside21

Message 27 of 247 (254 Views)

Still praying for Texas.

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 28 of 247 (234 Views)

Frozenoem wrote:

still a work/puppy in progress, just a tall one.Puppy??Puppy??Sorry on phone, can't rotate at moment could be 3 hours sleep.

Nor can I delete one standing upon head for another.

@Frozenoem  A Celi or Cell by any other name would be as sweet. Smiley Happy  She's  a gorgeous girl. 

Would you call that a brindle coat? 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 247 (243 Views)

@LaDolceVita I tend to push myself when I really get involved in something. By nature have always been more of a night owl than a morning person. Circumstances have often dictated routines, but recently retired and now there are no routines! 

PJ
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 247 (235 Views)

Beautiful! @Frozenoem The puppy is beautiful!

PJ