Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning roll call! JULY-AUGUST

Message 11 of 247 (294 Views)

@Frozenoem Understood. She's a beaut.

For us, the athleticism and grace of the greyhounds (all sighthounds, actually) is unbeatable. And the greyhound/whippet/Italian greyhound super short hair makes brindle incredible. 

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 247 (270 Views)

@Epster

44* partly cloudy.

For me it's a love of Dutch Shepherds, brindle is just a part of the packaging.

Gold with darker stripes or black with gold strips.Short or  long coats.And not overly bred, so not too many cancers, or other issues

Unfortunately, that won't last with more breeding more defects health-wise.

What ever you get, exercise, and training helps. Understand from kin that grayhounds are good companions but, with hip dysplasia.

Jaws just took a remnant of rug out the back door. Ms Mississippi doesn't know about Maine winters, it's coming.

Froze

Message 13 of 247 (245 Views)

@Frozenoem  Your pup sports a nice dark brindle, then. Lovely. Should we be so lucky as to adopt a greyhound for the next phase of life, we hope for a brindle coat. A fave color. Smiley Happy

The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical. - Julius Erving

Message 14 of 247 (233 Views)

DaveMcK wrote:

Good afternoon everyone! Hoping everyone had a great weekend. Today started out cloudy with thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon. It was a good morning for golf and my round was good. It was the last day of league play for the year. We have had a pair of Sandhill Crane that have been wandering the golf course for several weeks now. They were there again today. 

@DaveMcK Hurrah for Sandhills that play golf! (jk) They are such an arresting species; I'm glad you get to watch a pair of them. 

Message 15 of 247 (216 Views)

GREYGRAMA wrote:

Sunny and 69, forecast high 80's today. 

Minnesota Vikings won.🙂

🙏 Prayers for Texas!

💔 our hearts are broken with the news of Savanna Greywind.  Her body was found in the Red River last night. I can't fathom the agony and the reality of such a horror. It makes me ill, I can't even imagine what the family is enduring. 🙏🏻 prayers for this family. 

Body of missing North Dakota woman found wrapped in plastic, police say
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/28/body-missing-north-dakota-woman-found-wrapped-in-plastic-police...

@GREYGRAMA Shocking, hearbreaking story. It's unnerving to read about such things when they happen states away, but far more so when they occur in your neck of the woods. A similar crime happened near us a few years back, though the mother lived and the baby died. I pray for justice.

Hugs to you.

Message 16 of 247 (196 Views)

JoyaDe wrote:

My kids in Texas were okay yesterday when I talked to them. No electricity, and they had to rescue their in-laws from their new house. I praying the rains will stop soon.

@JoyaDe This is good news! And such a relief for you, I'm sure. Thanks for letting us know. Praying with you. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 247 (217 Views)

@LaDolceVita

I'm enjoying for the most part, have only come close to insanity once.

Awoke to a really horrific scent overwhelming to my nose,thought where could she have made the deposit.

Then I heard the tractor going by, its lay manure in Fields time for the winter.

She gave me such a look😄, maybe she thought it was me.

The joy of country living.

Frozen

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 247 (201 Views)

@Frozenoem  The first few weeks with a new dog are special!! Enjoy Woman Happy.  

vita umbratilis

Message 19 of 247 (214 Views)

Good afternoon everyone! Hoping everyone had a great weekend. Today started out cloudy with thunderstorms forecasted for this afternoon. It was a good morning for golf and my round was good. It was the last day of league play for the year. We have had a pair of Sandhill Crane that have been wandering the golf course for several weeks now. They were there again today. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 20 of 247 (212 Views)

@LaDolceVita

Im kinda hooked on Dutchies first time she's lived in a house. Grateful for a rug cleaner at moment upset stomach and surprises.

She's eating rice mixed with food, presently . And in less than shelter sized servings.

Joy of good food vs less than great donations.

She doing better but, still getting set. Had to give her her first Frontline and Heartgard today.

Just a little crazy today😈👿.

@Epster

Yes, that is a brindle coat.

Froze