AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 41 of 64 (224 Views)

@catwoman500  I was up at 5AM, I cannot stay in bed most mornings.  Of course I go to be with the chickens!  

We are still in Camelot with perfect weather.  The leaves have changed and there are yellows & oranges everywhere in the beautiful woods behind my house.  Yes I do love the fall!!  No bugs, comfy clothes, yeah. 

vita umbratilis
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 64 (207 Views)

Re: Time change...the more sun I have, the better my mood. Dark mornings are not conducive to rising and shining! Did it for 35 years when I taught; now I wake up only when there is light. N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 64 (202 Views)

It was 20 degrees when I woke this morning, a grey morning. It is cold outside! Temperatures are near 20 degrees below the average high for early November. The forecast is  for a high of 26 today. Tonight will be in the single digits. It sure feels like winter, time for flannels, and warmer clothes. 

PJ
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 64 (186 Views)

Snow event today:
a dusting, then 51.
Gotta love Colo.

Snow 2012 1.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 45 of 64 (203 Views)

@GREYGRAMA  Oh that sounds perfectly marvelous! Good on you for making such a great transition.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 64 (214 Views)

Time change, not a big deal for me. Can’t say I like it it, but it does not bother me. 

PJ
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 47 of 64 (206 Views)

22 degrees and very light snow falling.  Just came in from a short walk.  I have not walked for a few days and it felt so good to get out and walk inspite of the cold..My biggest concern is if it is too cold for Max, our Yorkie. He did fine today. 

@Epster  I am loving retirement.  We have taken a few trips and have been keeping busy.  Since retired you would think I could spend more time on social networking, when in reality it is less time.

I spend alot more time on hobbies and sewing projects and less time in my recliner.  I cant believe how much less stress there is. I guess one does not always realize how stressed one is.

PJ

[ Edited ]
Message 48 of 64 (201 Views)

Not sure what the issue is as there are X number of hours in each day of the year so if the day starts 4 or 5 or 6AM there are still the same number of hours that day. Farmers work from sunrise to sunset what ever the time shows on their clock.

Should Daylight Savings Time end? Massachusetts is leading the charge to do away with turning back the clock!

We turn our clocks back on Sunday when Daylight Saving Time ends. But in Massachusetts, some are hoping this will be its last time.

On Wednesday, a commission will vote on whether the state should quit Daylight Saving and join the Atlantic time zone instead.

The move would put it one hour ahead of the Eastern time zone from November through February.

Massachusetts’ cranberry harvest peaks in the fall and every hour of daylight is precious to a grower. Scott Harding is one of many growers dependent on daylight to get the job done. “You have to quit that much sooner, you have to have everything picked up before the sun goes down,” Harding said.

This Sunday, the first day marking the end of Daylight Saving, the sun will set in Massachusetts at 4:33pm, but those long winter nights could one day be a thing of the past.

A report issued by a commission of state lawmakers found that by moving “…to the Atlantic time zone…” shorter winter nights would “…Increase the state’s competitiveness in attracting and retaining a talented workforce.”

In this case it seems to come down to part time workers at night. 
Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 49 of 64 (175 Views)

HammH wrote:

@EpsterCongrats for joining the century club! Yesterday was probably the last day of year that you could without a support crew and lights . have to admit I'm glad I sat out this ride. That was a killer wind

@HammH  No, you were wise. It was crazy. Look at these high speeds. That was when the wind was at our backs, which it was about a third of the time. Ugh: some of those uphills with the wind in our faces, though.....................

DH centuryJPG.jpg

my centuryJPG.jpg

Message 50 of 64 (191 Views)

@doglover52  I agree that a 4:30 sunset is less than ideal. I think, though, that what you and I want is DST all the time. DST (AKA summer time) begins in the spring and ends in the fall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time