AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

[ Edited ]
Message 21 of 64 (168 Views)

Woke up to 12* and a white cast to the ground, with someone wanting to go out.

Now a delightful 20* with flurries passed but, winds in high.

Should be gusty today, wind wise.

Ms Mississippi was not thrilled by this am weather, out and in. Think she might have discovered why there’s 3 old carpets in the garage.

Why her human likes a intact coat (unchewed) and hats when the wind is blowing, with snow.

Now to seek new gloves good to -40*, need to buy new before it gets cold. Can’t wait for April 1 to arrive when she may turn 2 and her brain becomes an adult.

Her Height and weight are pretty much there now.

@DaveMcK

@Epster

Guess my thoughts on pictures have become moot point. Trying to explain AARP issues on phone never goes well.

knew it was storage in AARP not phone. Unfortunately won’t see computer of any variety for awhile, and stuck in iPhone land.

Perhaps a right click on picture both yours and Epster’s Will mention size in kilobytes or megabytes of both.

All I recall at moment is right click* on photo for size. Lack of coffee, and different operating systems confusing me.

No right click on iPhone virtual keyboard👿 flat glass.

Gotta go

Froze

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 64 (173 Views)

Mostly sunny skies,
warmth rises while snow melts, dries
beautiful fall.

snow melts.jpg

@GREYGRAMA  Ninja Turtles LOL!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 64 (171 Views)

It was a burr cold day today. Woke up to -4 and it climbed to 20 today. Watching the Ninja turtles, (Seahawks in their lime green) and Arizona. 

PJ

Message 24 of 64 (196 Views)

@DaveMcK  All this and turkeys, too? Smiley Happy Fun!

Thanks again for your help. I took your suggestion and the problem is now resolved.  You rock, kind sir. You really do! Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 25 of 64 (180 Views)

@Epster @Frozenoem

Note: the photo folder we are talking about is the one we each have in the AARP community. Not on our PC or cell phones. In this case AARP has to increase you community folder size. They double mine from 1000 to 2000 photos.

Cold front moving in today will give us an overnight low of 15*. Our high today was 40* at 8:00AM.

With Thanksgiving just around the corner I am bring back some photos of 6 wild turkeys that walked across our Near Westside home in Madison, WI. No we did not have wild turkey for dinner that year.

FB_IMG_1447709546475.jpgFB_IMG_1447709538464.jpgFB_IMG_1447709530419.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 26 of 64 (160 Views)

@Frozenoem  OK. So it does me no good to upload pics and then use the 'medium' option when posting the pics: they still take up the same amount of space on the server becasue the file size remains the same.

Guessing then that my options to reduce my space use would be to A.) delete older photos; B.) ask for more space (?); C.) delete photos and reupload after having reduced same. 

C is a terrible idea. So is A, as it leaves an ugly 'photo missing' graphic in its place.

Plan B then. Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 64 (151 Views)

@Epster

Not so much bandwidth as size of photos, and amount of storage they consume on AARP photo’s folders.

You can shrink the size of photo’s which in turn shrinks the size of file uploads.

Most new cameras are in megabytes, least the digital ones.

www.paintnet.net should take you to a download site for paintnet program, it’s like a free poor mans photoshop, one of it features is resizer.

It shrinks everything to smaller size, less megapixels.

Means smaller storage on AARP, like thumbnails vs poster size photo’s.

Froze

Message 28 of 64 (153 Views)

@Frozenoem Indeed. That snowblower sounds like it's a handful without a walking cast.

Question: are you saying that my photo problem is more about bandwidth than number of photos posted? 

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 64 (145 Views)

GREYGRAMA wrote:

32 and sunny this afternoon. The sun feels marvelous, but unfortunately triggerd an eye migraine!

Oh, wow! I know exactly what you mean! Those things are so annoying. I had my first one when I was teaching. I was sitting at my desk before school began and as the buses pulled up out front, the sun hit one of them and zapped right into my classroom window and got me. I had no idea what it was! I am lucky though...the few I've had over the years are the typical 20 minute ones with no pain, just the pressure and the squiggles. Hope you don't have pain with yours. N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 30 of 64 (152 Views)

@Epster

Thanks for the trail of breadcrumbs, stopped thinking in terms of months awhile back.

Haven’t been broken this long in 6 years, last trip down advanced wound care delights.

Need to be healed before the snows start, can’t see running snowblower with one foot in walking cast boot.

PS for size of photos, consuming space, try Paint.net and shrink no the size of photos. Works in windows.

Using an iPhone or Android you’d have to transfer to Windows then shrink.

Dont know of similar smartphone shrinking apps. Picture appears the same on web but, instead of uploading 16x20, it’s like a 4x6”.

Best translation brain can do this am😇.

Froze