Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 11 of 64 (165 Views)

From frozen peaks to
sunny foothills we traveled.
This week it’s all sun.

elk in the park.jpg

snowy forest.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 64 (179 Views)

Havin' a heat wave! It's 42! About 10 degrees warmer than the high yesterday. Wow, were Friday and Saturday blast-of wind-in-the-face days. Had to pull out gloves, scarf and winter coat. Those overnights in the 20's with wind chills in the teens were a shock to the system. Not sure how you guys in those colder places handle it, but we are not used to this so soon. Takes a while to adjust. We will see a warming trend this week, thank goodness. N.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 64 (175 Views)

The leaves are stilll beautiful and a drive anywhere is like driving within a picture postcard.  But my, it is raw & bitter today.  It will be 50 for a high & the night temp was 42, just feels so much worse than it sounds.  

@Frozenoem  I agree, most smart and well behaved dogs can be reasoned with age  2.  My Tessie is now 2 and knows shoes are not for chewing.  She seems to know the difference between small transgressions and big ones, seemed to know the difference even as a young puppy.  Her first day here she found a chicken and began plucking it.  Of course I ran in the direction of the screaming chicken & told her NOOO!  She was only 3 1/2 months old but after that she just walked past the chickens and did not even pay any attention to them.  

Stay warm everyone.

vita umbratilis

Message 14 of 64 (157 Views)

Altitude, snow, sun
exercise in nature, and
you’ll nourish your soul.

9 miles of snowshoeing: life is GOOD!9 miles of snowshoeing: life is GOOD!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 15 of 64 (157 Views)

Good morning to all of my fellow Veterans out there. Thank You for your service. 

FB_IMG_1509803679738.jpgFB_IMG_1501336336531.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 16 of 64 (151 Views)

Today and everyday I have deep appreciation for each Veteran. Thank you, sincerely, for your sacrifices. Heart

+++Mile High FallMile High Fall

Warm sun, mountains, snow!
Pulled out winter wear: prepped
day pack, gloves, snowshoes!

Let winter weather
find us: we are ready now!
Sunny today, tho.

[ Edited ]
Message 17 of 64 (168 Views)

We set a new record low early this morning of 9*.

• Saturday we celebrate Veteran's Day. Approximately 22 Veterans a day die by suicide. Would at least 22 of my Front Porch friends please copy and repost? Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255

FB_IMG_1509742806437.jpgFB_IMG_1508520894763.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 64 (171 Views)

610A0E8D-648B-47D8-BD53-11362764326B.jpegIt is so windy today, but the sun‘s rays are very warm as they enter the south windows. 

Thanking all Vets for their service as we honor them,🇺🇸!

Getting ready for the grandkids, will be having a sleepover tonight. 

PJ

Message 19 of 64 (179 Views)

@Frozenoem  Hold up: I knew what you were saying, and you are right. I could be more mindful about photo size file; it would be much nicer to the AARP server if I only upoaded smaller image files. So you pointed me in the right direction with that comment. (Sometimes the most perfect image is also huge: today I chose more by size than content. So yay you! Smiley Happy) The situation did also achieve resolve by following Dave's suggestion to speak with Admin. Smiley Happy A two-pronged approach=success. Smiley Happy  Thanks again.

And thanks for the update on Ms Mississippi. You two are too cute. Smiley Happy (I still have serious dog lust and will until we're able to accommodate a pair of our own yappers.)

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 64 (179 Views)

Hello all,yesterday afternoon we had rain/high winds,changing to snow showers overnight passing thru WNY area.

This morning when I went on my early walk,wore long underwear since it was a tad nippy outside 23.I wore my boots just in case since there were some icy spots on sidewalks,didn't need them. There is no snow here in city.The forecast for today is partly sunny& cold high in the mid 20's,the rest of weekend in the 40's where its been all week Enjoy your weekend Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides