The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 11 of 66 (211 Views)

@Frozenoem  Postholing is such a workout, though, (ugh)  This trip was over 3-6 feet of snow atop a paved road, so postholing could have happened, but we wouldn't have dropped far. However, except for the .5 mile at the end where we broke trail, the crust tended to keep us on the surface. Thankfully.

Once when decending this peak, right at treeline we got caught in a surprise blizzard, and descended for miles by compass. That was, uh, exhilarating. Smiley Happy  Encountered a Ranger who likewise got caught in the windwhipping snow. He was ascending, though. (yikes)

Longs Peak, RMNP, ColoradoLongs Peak, RMNP, Colorado

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 12 of 66 (199 Views)

Woke up to a pleasant 16* no wind, is comfy.

@LaDolceVita

Her brain is slowly turning on woke up to voice next to me, Her stomach or colon was calling stumbled down the stairs to garage and yard. No accidents.

@Epster

Stay on trail and don’t stovepipe you should be golden. Nothing worse than floundering in 4 feet of snow on blended knee after missing the trail.

The dogs at the time enjoyed my distress, suddenly I was there height.😄

Time to check the pup, silence is worrisome.

@catwoman500

We throw on an extra layer and make do, fleece becomes our friend with flannels.

LLBean or Sri Lanka Wally World specials. After A few years bed room slippers on concrete becomes OK with addition of hiking wool socks.

See me after a month  of -40* temps with or without windchill and I may gripe as much as Southerners.

Froze.

Highlighted

Message 13 of 66 (178 Views)

From frozen peaks to
sunny foothills we traveled.
This week it’s all sun.

elk in the park.jpg

snowy forest.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 66 (192 Views)

Havin' a heat wave! It's 42! About 10 degrees warmer than the high yesterday. Wow, were Friday and Saturday blast-of wind-in-the-face days. Had to pull out gloves, scarf and winter coat. Those overnights in the 20's with wind chills in the teens were a shock to the system. Not sure how you guys in those colder places handle it, but we are not used to this so soon. Takes a while to adjust. We will see a warming trend this week, thank goodness. N.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 66 (188 Views)

The leaves are stilll beautiful and a drive anywhere is like driving within a picture postcard.  But my, it is raw & bitter today.  It will be 50 for a high & the night temp was 42, just feels so much worse than it sounds.  

@Frozenoem  I agree, most smart and well behaved dogs can be reasoned with age  2.  My Tessie is now 2 and knows shoes are not for chewing.  She seems to know the difference between small transgressions and big ones, seemed to know the difference even as a young puppy.  Her first day here she found a chicken and began plucking it.  Of course I ran in the direction of the screaming chicken & told her NOOO!  She was only 3 1/2 months old but after that she just walked past the chickens and did not even pay any attention to them.  

Stay warm everyone.

vita umbratilis

Message 16 of 66 (170 Views)

Altitude, snow, sun
exercise in nature, and
you’ll nourish your soul.

9 miles of snowshoeing: life is GOOD!9 miles of snowshoeing: life is GOOD!

Message 17 of 66 (169 Views)

Good morning to all of my fellow Veterans out there. Thank You for your service. 

FB_IMG_1509803679738.jpgFB_IMG_1501336336531.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 18 of 66 (163 Views)

Today and everyday I have deep appreciation for each Veteran. Thank you, sincerely, for your sacrifices. Heart

+++Mile High FallMile High Fall

Warm sun, mountains, snow!
Pulled out winter wear: prepped
day pack, gloves, snowshoes!

Let winter weather
find us: we are ready now!
Sunny today, tho.

[ Edited ]
Message 19 of 66 (180 Views)

We set a new record low early this morning of 9*.

• Saturday we celebrate Veteran's Day. Approximately 22 Veterans a day die by suicide. Would at least 22 of my Front Porch friends please copy and repost? Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255

FB_IMG_1509742806437.jpgFB_IMG_1508520894763.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 66 (183 Views)

610A0E8D-648B-47D8-BD53-11362764326B.jpegIt is so windy today, but the sun‘s rays are very warm as they enter the south windows. 

Thanking all Vets for their service as we honor them,🇺🇸!

Getting ready for the grandkids, will be having a sleepover tonight. 

PJ