Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 21 of 38

@Frozenoem  Never see 'em coming out both ends.  I have seen hookworms lately though,  unusual in these adult dogs. 

Our third go round with really wintry weather.  Will get very cold again for about a week, with a low of 14 on Tuesday night.  Our lowest so far this winter was 11 on January 2nd.  Long johns, arctic coat with a scarf around my neck in the mornings.  Still no proper warm footwear.  Need something fuzzy on the feet.  The face stays deep inside the hood so it is OK.

@FrozenoemAn AARP question!  My signature line has been flubbed and I cannot correct it!  I emailed or other wise contacted AARP,  they referred me to Account Settings!   Ideas?

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 38

32* and cloudy the town plows have dropped there blades to scrape all moisture from road, sparks are flying.

Ayuh, even Maine gets a heatwave with temps in 50’s and 60’s at the coast.Temporary reprieve from cold time to clear roofs and oil Fills.

Rain coming and black ice at night, good reason for clearing roads now.

Now, I need to go dose a certain Dutch Shepherd, worms coming out both ends.

Heartgard for 2 years to life.

Hookworms treatment another month. And I have an odd feeling one more issue will appear around March or April, takes around 9 months to appear on Southern dogs.

Froze

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 38

Good afternoon to everyone on the Front Porch! Will be getting some rain tonight and tomorrow morning with temps in the up 40's. Than cooling off for the weekend.

I came across this winter print of one of my favorite lighthouses, North Point which is located in Milwaukee, WI. Enjoy!

FB_IMG_1515622745713.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 24 of 38

We have thawed out and will be at a comfortable 60 degrees for 2 days.  The thermometer said 51 on the porch early this morning.  It will not last  and we will be in the mid to lower 20s over night again beginning tomorrow night.  I am grateful for the warmth to get a few outdoor chores done.  I am still not at the point that I look forward to spring.  No daffodils yet please!   I will suffer the cold if the heat and humidity will just stay away a while longer.

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 25 of 38

Having a heat wave temp 9* above zero , just turned the heat down.

Leaving bleeder on in basement just in case, or until next cold snap.

Time to play in the woodpile.

Enjoy

Froze

Message 26 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch!  Can anyone ever have to much Front Porch? Hoping to see all of you on the Front Porch as offen as possible in 2018. 

Have a great weekend and year! 

gar254-fr-ph-co-ep.jpg86202-b600.jpg

Message 27 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! Looking at two more days of temps of around zero here and some lite snow.

FB_IMG_1513880772242.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 38

18” of light and fluffy that’s easy, the 5* And 30-40 mph gusts say I may be clearing for awhile.

Drift to the 4 foot window on garage door, it would help if I get to hospital by appointment time today.

Guess I’m starting a fire in stove, putting on my insulated coveralls and shoveling out a path for Chelli, I swear her legs are crossed and she doesn’t want to climb up to do her biz.

Enjoy your day

Froze

Message 29 of 38

@LaDolceVita, Well it is another balmy day with a temp of 23, but with the wind and the snow, feels like 10. Going down to a feels like of (-)8 tonight. Snow may be slowing down here, but @Frozenoem, it is headed up your way I think. Blowing too hard for me to try to make it to the street to bring back the trash and recycle cans.

But...I've found my pink longjohns and rediscovered leg warmers! Cat Tongue N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 38

Total roll of the dice on how much longer for my foot, my original thought was 3 weeks but, that was back in October.

I discover once a week if I’m any closer to healed. Will discover tomorrow if I’m closer or not.

If your coats to heavy get a LLBean Parka, light as a feather and similar to wearing a fitted comforter - down filled.

Toasty to -40* and 3 levels of coats in one. Around +40* you can put it away and comes with lifetime warrany😇.

Froze