Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! JANUARY - FEBRUARY

Message 11 of 38

Hi folks!  Just checking to see whether I can post again.  We are coming out of the deep freeze for the 3rd time this winter.  Looks like smooth going from here on out according to weather.com.  There may be some February surprises though!

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are looking forward to a warning period. 

Todays Front Porch photo is below. 

FB_IMG_1516129545041.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 13 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We are over 36 hours of show showers which left us with an accumulation of over 4 inches of snow on the ground. 

Todays Front Porch:

FB_IMG_1515857731496.jpg

I'm looking for a few new Seniors willing to post to topics and add newtopics.FB_IMG_1500165487038.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 38

11* and partly sunny with light flurries, in other words just another day in Winter.

Need to play in woodpile again, seems to be a cold snap heading my way, or a warm front.

Definitely getting snow soon, and a rug cleaning is in order.

Chell gets her second shot of dewormer today, thank heavens it’s liver flavored.

Froze

Im search of coffee 

Message 15 of 38

It may not have snowed much elsewhere, but Door County greeted Martin Luther King Day with 12" of fluffy lake effect snow this morning. Still snowing and expected to continue all day. All schools in the county cancelled today, but enough of our dedicated staff made it in and the French toast is on the grill. Their Stuffed French Toast topped with Door County Cherries is an award-winning breakfast. If I were snowed in there I would have it for 3 meals a day.

Our Front Porch for today is some of the Porches at the White Gull Inn.

abc_Cherry_Stuffed_French_Toast_100514_wmain.jpg

FB_IMG_1516054792446.jpg

Message 16 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We started our day at zero with snow showers expected this evening and tomorrow.

FB_IMG_1515940039604.jpgFB_IMG_1515857649800.jpg

Our front porch today is located in a mountainous area in some places like the Swiss or Austrian Alps!

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 38

Hey, porch football fans...

The Philadelphia Eagles beat the Atlanta Falcons, 15-10, in an NFC Divisional Playoff game on Saturday, Jan. 13, 2018, at Lincoln Financial Field.

The Eagles advance to the NFC Championship Game at Lincoln Financial Field against the winner of Sunday's NFC Divisional Playoff game between the New Orleans Saints and the Minnesota Vikings at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minn.

FLY, EAGLES, FLY! Cat Happy N.

Message 18 of 38

@LaDolceVita there has been a large increase in worms in pets lately. This is because of the large number of stray pets from hurricane areas that have been rescued and are showing up all over the country. 

You need to go to "my settings" in the upper right hand corner to change your signiture line. You will mostlikely be ask to sign in again for security reasons. From there you can change anything in your profile. 

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 38

20* foggy and a squall just passed through, was 28* when I got up.

After 8 fun filled weeks outpatient to hospital, despite flu and pneumonia shots. Hospital has made me sick, but foot is slightly better perhaps will know in another week.Expletive!

Chelli is still a pup her brain won’t be Adult until April. Thus far it’s hookworms and medicate when there’s 3 feet of snow on ground , and you see long strands be pooped - ayuh there’s your sign.

She’s getting syringe for next month, heartgard monthly regardless of season. And it will be around April to see if she has heart worms takes that long between initial visit in MS to final test 7-9 months.

@LaDolceVita

Go to settings and clear your signature, click ok, sign out. Return and log back in return to settings, retype and save and refresh.

Might stick around, too be truthful other than AARP sites have same problem — might be java or flash related, can’t recall.

Time to play on woodpile, arctic temp’s returning. Have to dig out my play pants (snowmobile good to -40*).

Message 20 of 38

Good morning everyone on the Front Porch! We started out at a little below zero with a high of about 12* expected for today and tomorrow. Not much going on here.

I have decided to carry on our group name by featuring an Internet photo of a front porch, deck or balcony from time to time . Please feel free to post photos of your own. 

FB_IMG_1515857708275.jpg