AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER

[ Edited ]
Message 51 of 193 (295 Views)

I’ve been off planet still healing. 32* yesterday morning to day 55* at 7 am.

Dog now has 7 hour bladder -yeah! Sleep is lovely. Antibiotics and gallon of water per day, Need coffee.

@JoyaDe?

Sounds like malware on computer, google “Malwarebytes”, deep scan with antivirus program and report back elsewhere with version of Windows or Mac version operating system.

And just for giggles do an update of Windows? Two updates lately.

Froze

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 193 (310 Views)

Good morning everyone! Have a great weekend. 

FB_IMG_1507900533773.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 53 of 193 (312 Views)

Unpack, organize:
hello again, our farm life!
It’s good to love home.

thankgiving-rural-country-farm-life-halloween-pumpkins-landscape-folk-art-pumpkin-americana-scene-walt-curlee.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 54 of 193 (285 Views)

JoyaDe wrote:

@Epster  You did it!  Congratulations.  I know this is something you hoped to achieve.

Getting onto this website from my preferred internet connection just isn't possible, so I have to use the big blue E...... The last time I was on here, I got all these scary warnings, threats, etc. about "my exposure" and then it wouldn't let me continue with anything. So on occasion, I will try off and on to get back on here. I am reading many of the posts in my inbox, I just can't post or reply from there. Keep on posting.  I enjoy reading them. 

@JoyaDe Sorry about your computer issues. Wish I wasn't a Luddite so I could help.

Trust your trip to visit newly discovered family went well and that you are healthy and in great spirits.

And thanks! Smiley Happy After the last race we drove straight home (a quick 14-hour drive with a 4 hour nap in the middle) and arrived, 4 gold medals heavier*,  just in time to sit in on the team leader orientation for this weekend's community playground build. (Very organized non-profit, Kaboom, orchestrates these 'one-day' playground 'raisings' in underserved communities. Wonderful benefit to the families and of course the children themselves.)  DH is wisely sleeping. I'm too keyed up yet to try, so am pounding out typos as fast as I can. Yuck, yuck. Smiley Wink

*We both had unbelieveable races, shaving off between 2-8 minutes from the course records in each event. Crazy!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 55 of 193 (321 Views)

Another area of the Westcoast that Mary and I visited has seen major distribution by wildfires. We were in Santa Rosa in the Fall of 2009 and visited a winery there. We sampled wines so we could purchase a couple of bottles to have for the rest of the trip. We stayed in the very quaint lumbering town of Willits North of there. 

Please take a moment to have all these areas across the world in your thoughts be it Florida, Mississippi, Oregon, Costa Rica, Las Vagas and the wildfire areas of the West Coast or Canada.

ss-171009-california-wildfires-17_1ab66acd4c3342008282377d5dc54d16.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpgss-171009-california-wildfires-18_1ab66acd4c3342008282377d5dc54d16.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 193 (322 Views)

@LaDolceVita, and now I should have the AC on! This humidity and the high temps are so weird for his time of year in Philly! UGH. I may turn the AC on tomorrow since it's supposed to be as warm and almost as humid. Cat Tongue

Message 57 of 193 (339 Views)

catwoman500 wrote:

Bright and sunny here today! Woke up to 46 degrees...Brrrrr! It's now 65 and won't be going much higher. A warm-up later on in the week. N.

@catwoman500  Actually that sounds good right about now.  With the humidity the flies are back and I have to wear capris & short sleeves again.

vita umbratilis

Message 58 of 193 (321 Views)

We have been hit by humidity!!  Really muggy.  My kitchen felt as if someone had been roasting a turkey in there for at least 4 hours.  I had to turn the air on finally. 

@JoyaDe  That sounds like a mess and so aggravating.  I dread new computers.  The mac doesnt throw as much new stuff at you thankfully as Microsoft.

vita umbratilis
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 59 of 193 (323 Views)

@Epster  You did it!  Congratulations.  I know this is something you hoped to achieve.

Getting onto this website from my preferred internet connection just isn't possible, so I have to use the big blue E...... The last time I was on here, I got all these scary warnings, threats, etc. about "my exposure" and then it wouldn't let me continue with anything. So on occasion, I will try off and on to get back on here. I am reading many of the posts in my inbox, I just can't post or reply from there. Keep on posting.  I enjoy reading them. 

Message 60 of 193 (369 Views)

@DaveMcK We used to be members of a local model railroad club. Oh such fun building tracks and towns. Smiley Happy  Thanks for the pics and the memories. Smiley Happy