Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER

Message 31 of 193 (306 Views)

Weather set to break
late next week: snow possible!
Make hay whilst sun shines!

Cold weather creeps back late next week 19F overnight forecast!Cold weather creeps back late next week 19F overnight forecast!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 32 of 193 (304 Views)

@JoyaDe  I have missed you, but it is sooo good to get such a lovely report from you. I adore the treat bag idea: that is SO you! Pure awesomeness.

Weird that your neighbors didn't feel a need for more leaves, yuck, yuck. Smiley Happy

I'm glad you've gotten in on this week's glorious weather; and not a moment too late to enjoy the color, I hope. 

We've been outside a lot this week as well. We're reshaping one of the willows, training it to grow more west than due south to allow for an apple tree's expected growth. This has been a big job. A bit more trimming today and we're done with that task. Smiley Happy Rah!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 193 (291 Views)

Good Morning all of you!

It has been such a beautiful week here in MN, it's like a bonus. The sunny ski's and finally some very colorful trees has gotten me outside almost every day this week. 

Senior citizen stuff, shopping, playing with the dogs, and visiting with neighbors.  Those neighbors, by the way, are doing a wonderful job of raking their leaves. At my house, not so much. I offered to let they have some of mine if they needed more, but they declined. So while inside I am sewing up some treat bags. Somewhere at a garage sale in years past I bought a good supply of Halloween patterned material. So I sew up little drawstring bags, put in a few candy bars, and goodies. Last year non of the kids in my neighborhood came here, so I went to the houses that I knew had young ones, and gave the parent enough of the bags, one for each kid.  That way I figure I'm actually doing my diet some good. I'm not eating all the treats and I'm out walking door to door. I just hope my knee is okay for that.

Getting on here is still a problem. I'm thinking it may be because this isn't one of the secure sites with the little lock symbol and my security system isn't real happy about that.

I will try to get on more often again......but I do read what the rest of you write on this page....Happy October..... 

Message 34 of 193 (252 Views)

New trail opening:
connecting two trail systems.
Hundreds of trail miles.

Group ride planned
under bright skies, warm days
fall-hued countryside.

Gimme lots of trail, please!Gimme lots of trail, please!

Message 35 of 193 (264 Views)

@DaveMcK  Nope, not mine. Yet, anyway. I intend to create a kinetic sculpture akin to this for our often windy hillside, though. I saw that image while researching projects using bike wheels. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Message 36 of 193 (242 Views)

Good morning everyone! Another bright and sunny a here in Madison, WI. Another day of shopping for Fall items in for the house.

@Epster Is that great bicycle wheel lawn sculpture yours? If so did you make it?

FB_IMG_1503780859836.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 37 of 193 (263 Views)

Nice that DH’s trike
waited until post-season
for bearings to fail.

That made having to
order repairs a little
less painful. I think.

Or maybe it was
the non-training ride under blue
skies that brought the grin.

What to do with failed bike wheels.What to do with failed bike wheels.

[ Edited ]
Message 38 of 193 (249 Views)

@DaveMcK  Gotta love that fall color, Dave!

Message 39 of 193 (248 Views)

We are having another great October day with temps to be in the low 70's with little chance of rain until Sunday. Hoping everyone has a great day! 

FB_IMG_1506913063973.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 193 (253 Views)

Frozenoem wrote:

Wow 41* and really sunny, might be time to dust the house, when you see stuff in the air.

Either that or another “gag” - Cleaning - horse hair plaster was disturbed had to run a new cable.

Been 25 years since the last time plaster was disturbed and can’t remember how it was dealt with.

The joy of old home ownership.

Froze

It's 41 here in middle Georgia this morning too and I also live in an old house, almost 100 years old.  I had forgotten about all the drafts in the winter time and so grateful for the furnace that came on during the night.

I was thinking the same thing about cleaning.  I had a small segment of my ceiling plaster fall a few days ago and I thought I would wait for the "dust to settle" before cleaning it up.  I guess the dust has settled as much as it's going to now.