Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! CLOSED

Message 1 of 193 (71 Views)

Frozenoem wrote:

Mein gott it’s cold, 12* someone needed to go out, when it takes a stop to get coffee from airpot to convince my feet out the door it’s going to be an odd day.

Been exploring the joys of pain with boo boo still ongoing.Walking boot joy👿.

Hint to self never try a foster when you can’t walk in future. That translates to my best hulk impersonation, while trying to put heel down.

Think the A/C is coming out of the last window this am, when the creature comes in.

Froze

@Frozenoem  Froze! Good to hear from you!

UGH: still healing? That's just wrong.

We're over here, now, seeing as it's November: http://community.aarp.org/t5/Our-Front-Porch/Morning-Roll-Call-NOVEMBER-DECEMBER/m-p/1926453#M60450  I'l put an @reply on my morning post to help ya find us. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! CLOSED

Message 2 of 193 (78 Views)

Mein gott it’s cold, 12* someone needed to go out, when it takes a stop to get coffee from airpot to convince my feet out the door it’s going to be an odd day.

Been exploring the joys of pain with boo boo still ongoing.Walking boot joy👿.

Hint to self never try a foster when you can’t walk in future. That translates to my best hulk impersonation, while trying to put heel down.

Think the A/C is coming out of the last window this am, when the creature comes in.

Froze

Re: Morning Roll Call! SEPTEMBER -OCTOBER

Message 3 of 193 (136 Views)

The following is a list of notable artists that have been described as gothic rock by reliable sources. "Gothic rock" is a term typically used to describe a musical subgenre of post-punk and alternative rock that formed during the late 1970s. Gothic rock bands grew from the strong ties they had to the English punk rock and emerging post-punk scenes. According to both Pitchfork and NME, proto-goth bands included Joy DivisionSiouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhau and the Cure. The term was first used by critic John Stickney in 1967 to describe the music and accompanying performances by the Doors. The Doors' lyrics and their "audience-antagonizing performances" have even been seen as the beginning of gothic rock.

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 4 of 193 (147 Views)

@DaveMcK  Sounds like fun, snowstorms and all.  

PS Goth bands? What's that? Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 193 (155 Views)

The dust is settling from our long weekend from North Central Wisconsin. We joined some friends at a Scotty dog rally in Wisconsin Rapids and some shopping outings for the ladies. The men watched the UW Wisconsin football win. On our return trip home we encountered 3 snow showers. 

Last night we went to our trivia league which had mostly Halloween based questions which was appropriate. However, how many seniors know the names of members of Goth bands. OK, so we did not do well but we had a good time laughing at our selves and enjoyed each others company.

We are having temps in the 40's during the day and 30's at night with rain. It will be warmer by the weekend. 

FB_IMG_1507770579092.jpg

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 193 (179 Views)

Well my favorite month of the year is almost over.  We still have very little fall color but that could be the vagaries of weather.  Night before last we went below freezing and only had 43 degrees for a high on Sunday.   I do not mind!!  I am getting more and more anti hot weather every year.

I am still running circles around myself, kind of like a whirling dervish.  (always liked that metaphor)Woman Very Happy.  Too much on my plate and dreaming of having time to smell the roses Woman Happy   @gatorgorilla  So very good to have you visit.  

vita umbratilis

Message 7 of 193 (192 Views)

group ride.jpg

Group ride yesterday!
Sunny 80F: no wind.
Perfect, grand outing.

Light snow this morning;
cold, cloudy day expected.
Feeling well blessed.

Message 8 of 193 (218 Views)

Waiting, more waiting.
Phone call, sunshine: get ready…
Go! Get that Vit D!

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 193 (251 Views)

Cool this afternoon with a chance of rain and a light mix of snow tonight. Cool for this weekend.

2017-06-04 22.58.48.jpg 

Message 10 of 193 (267 Views)

Snow fell, hard, for hours:
21F, frosty glow.
60s tomorrow.

This is what happens when the weather goes from 81F to  a snowy 21F: a lovely frosty glow, but no accumulation.This is what happens when the weather goes from 81F to a snowy 21F: a lovely frosty glow, but no accumulation.