What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 51 of 256

We have colder temps and some snow Thursday! Are you all ready for Christmas and New Years eve? 

FB_IMG_1512081642056.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 52 of 256

28* and partly cloudy, if I want to sound like my grandpa it feels like a storms coming.

Lower lumbar is screaming, usually good for week to 10 days warning.

Today ms Chelli remembered to ring the sleigh bells on the side door, this is your warning gotta go, now!

We may get a storm on Christmas Day and night for good measure, and I’m officially feeling old.

@DaveMcK

Trust me I hear you ain’t maturity grand👎.Upper body workout with snowblower, reverse isn’t great pull 450 pounds, either that or impatience on my part.

Forward no problem, self propelled rocks, hills no problem. And on that cheery note it’s snowing and raining.

Froze

Message 53 of 256

Fleece, boots, wood: ready!
Last day of certain warmth.
Tomorrow: winter!

Interesting take on the whole Ice Princess thing...Interesting take on the whole Ice Princess thing...

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 54 of 256

Let it snow, let it snow as I have the man with the big red truck! After I had my full knee replacement I could not us my snowblower. Shoveling snow of more than 2" was not in the cards because of my back and knees. So we have our snow removal done now.

We are looking at a higher temp of 41* and no snow today.

FB_IMG_1513647509387.jpg

Message 55 of 256

@Frozenoem  Yeah, my snow removal mania isn't about the fluff, but about what that changes into. The top of our driveway faces north. I'll shovel an inch of snow to get to dry pavement.

Aside from that scary spot, truth be told, I don't need to remove snow. Either one of the neighbors will plow it out or the sun will melt it. So I get out early so I can shovel the stuff. (I see it as playing in the snow... but then we usually get it 3-8 inches a a time, rather than 1-2 feet a day, too.)

Be careful out there.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 56 of 256

@Epster

My motto is usually, manana can take up to 3’ of snow before it requires two passes with the snowblower 🤣.

Presently snowing again, I don’t mind ❄️, rain in winter poses issues like, black ice, sleet, hail, icing......

That opinion is subject to change round about 120”++++.

Froze

Message 57 of 256

@Frozenoem  Sounds like a plan. My snow removal motto is 'early and often'. Whatever I leave on the driveway tends to turn to ice, so I try to get to pavement ASAP. ('course I'm without an injured foot, so that's pretty easy for me to say).

Best wishes.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 58 of 256

Me thinks this may be interesting day, had 6” snow, presently 20* and cloudy.

Humidity is 89% suggesting moisture will fall, snow, rain or ????

Temps might approach are we ready 38* giving us slush subject to freeze as ice.

I feel snow removal of powder before it becomes hard pack of ice.

Froze

Message 59 of 256

Day 2 of 3, here.
Then Brrr! with capital B.
But today we ride.

icicles.jpg

Message 60 of 256

@LaDolceVita Sorry to hear you had the heavy wet snow which is the worst. Glad the issue with the Coleman stove was minimal but I'm sure  still frightening for you both.

We had freezing fog and light rain which has melted now. Will be in the low 40's today and tomorrow. Hoping that everyone has a great week. 

FB_IMG_1513434206037.jpg