What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Treasured Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 41 of 256

Merry Christmas Eve eve, ya'll!

Merry Christmas.jpg

christmas coffee.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Report Inappropriate Content
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 256

DaveMcK wrote:

Good morning everyone! Hoping you are surviving the Winter weather hitting parts of the country. Hoping there will be some relief from the fires in California soon. 

We missed the snow that hit Centeral Wisconsin last night. 

However, the Green Bay Packers put out the word on the team's website Thursday seeking shovelers to clear snow from the stadium.

Anyone interested in the chance to help clear the frozen tundra should report to the Mills Fleet Farm Gate on Lambeau Field's west side starting at 11 a.m. Friday. No need to bring a shovel, the team will provide those.

And the Packers will even pay for snow removal labor — $10 per hour with payment made immediately upon finishing the work.

Shovelers must be at least 18 years old.

The Packers play the Vikings Saturday at 7:30 p.m., the last home game in Green Bay this season. ANY TAKERS!

That would have sounded like fun about 10 years ago! Cat LOL I think it's a neat thing to ask for. $10/hour sounds pretty darn good...paid to get some exerise? YAY! Bet they get loads of volunteers. N

Eagles play Christmas night. Cold, but only a chance of minimal snow predicted.

Message 43 of 256

@DaveMcK  Oh man that sounds like a fun event! Were I within driving distance I'd so be there. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 44 of 256

Good morning everyone! Hoping you are surviving the Winter weather hitting parts of the country. Hoping there will be some relief from the fires in California soon. 

We missed the snow that hit Centeral Wisconsin last night. 

However, the Green Bay Packers put out the word on the team's website Thursday seeking shovelers to clear snow from the stadium.

Anyone interested in the chance to help clear the frozen tundra should report to the Mills Fleet Farm Gate on Lambeau Field's west side starting at 11 a.m. Friday. No need to bring a shovel, the team will provide those.

And the Packers will even pay for snow removal labor — $10 per hour with payment made immediately upon finishing the work.

Shovelers must be at least 18 years old.

The Packers play the Vikings Saturday at 7:30 p.m., the last home game in Green Bay this season. ANY TAKERS!

GettyImages-629158100.jpgFB_IMG_1513949100458.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 45 of 256

@Frozenoem  Hurrah for great neighbors!  Smiley Happy

(Can I be jealous of your snow while also being concerned for your recovery?)

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 256

0* and cloudy, wonder what that means😎. Humidity at 70% and climbing.

6-12” perhaps more coming later, icing of 1/2” would be a pita.Looks like 1/4” or less possible sometime tomorrow, will stay predominantly snow here.

Neighbor brought in a cord for me last night, early Christmas present, tossed in garage will stack if it ever warms to 10-15*.

Froze

Message 47 of 256

9 degrees out now
37 expected
We shall walk in snow

snowy vista.jpg

Message 48 of 256

Hoping everyone is having a great day! FB_IMG_1513879783665.jpgFB_IMG_1513880383627.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 49 of 256

Shortest day is here
Snow fall, welcome winter start:
Scones in the oven!

A couple of snowfall videos for anyone missing out:

Oh, and here, help yourself to a fresh scone:

May I also offer you a wee dab of lemon curd?May I also offer you a wee dab of lemon curd?

Message 50 of 256

@DaveMcK Oh, enjoy the snow.

Yep: we got the last of our needed items a few days ago, and I have 7 days of firewood inside, so bring it on! Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the Front Porch!

merry christmas hny.jpg