What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 11 of 256

@Frozenoem   How high does it get during the day?  I have experienced 5 degrees here, nothing like 31 below, not even in Chicago.  Maine people are tough!!

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 256

Frozenoem wrote:

-15* That’s a warmup from last nights low of 31 below,expected sunny and steamy temps will be sultry -9*.

And people wonder why my humor is slightly warped, need to get the House toastier.

@Frozenoem  Quoting Lady Gaga re your dry wit: baby, you were born this way. Smiley Happy 

Keep you and Chelli warm.

PS Yes: morning coals are the bomb!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 256

-15* That’s a warmup from last nights low of 31 below,expected sunny and steamy temps will be sultry -9*.

And people wonder why my humor is slightly warped, need to get the House toastier.

Chelli set the all time speed record outside 20 seconds, can’t blame her at All.

She’s discovered why that carpet is out in the garage, keeps tootsies warmer than concrete, the importance of firewood, nice bed of coals this morning.

Today she will discover her Vet, tomorrow I get to discover how many more weeks of abrading lie in store for me. Slippers are starting to feel the cold, really.

Froze

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 256

@catwoman500  Hopefully you are not buried by all the snow?  I read there were 50 inches in parts of Pa?  Not  in  your area I hope.

We are cold here and will get much colder.  Beginning Sunday night we will be in the low 20s overnight for 6 nights, will probably go lower on my hill.   My house is about halfway up the hill and the top of the hill is an open and grassy area.  Really gets cold there.  During the snow almost a foot accumulated there.   I have 3 good sized southern magnolia trees and they all suffered pretty major limb loss during the snow.  Boy, are they a great wind break during these nasty day.  We seldom see the sun, which makes it feel colder & there is usually a hint of dampness in the air.  Yikes, damp and cold!  Anti Camelot weather folks Woman Sad.  Oh yes, we may have to heat our well with a portable heater next week.  Have to stretch an electric cord from the house and hope no one drives over it. 

@Frozenoem  The weather and your ill foot are not a good combo.  Keep it

warmWoman Happy.

@DaveMcK  Thanks for the pictures, it is nice to see you all there.  And best wishes to the bride and groom.

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar

Message 15 of 256

Did I say 4 days
in the 40s? Scratch that, now
tomorrow’s 50s!

a-winter-sun-19424.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 16 of 256

@DaveMcK!  Congratulations to the happy couple! 

Message 17 of 256

Wedding photos!WeddingWeddingJanice and DeanJanice and DeanMary and JaniceMary and JaniceFamilyFamily

Uncle Rich, Aunt Kathy, sister Michelle, Janice, Dean, sister Emma, Mary and me. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 18 of 256

We are looking at high temps of 4* during the day and -9* at night for a couple more days. We were at our second daughters wedding in Milwaukee yesterday. Wedding went well which was at the courthouse. Parking was a nightmare. Nice dinner afterwards and drove back to Madison in -2* temps. 

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper

Message 19 of 256

@Frozenoem  Wooo hoo enjoy the, uh, heat wave. Smiley Happy

We're at 2F right now (coldest air temp in the greenhouse is 30). Chickens are not happy, even with fresh water and a 250 watt heat lamp. They asked about Florida a few minutes ago, is how I know. Bockitty bock bock bock.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 256

Well it was -10* when we got up, now heat wave of 0*.

Chelli stepped out and decided to hold it, can’t really blame her.

Temp May hit 7* if weather is correct. Bleeder valve is on in basement, just in case of freeze-ups.

Heat is set at 68* on furnace, and firewood will be used to take chill off. Lots of chill and that’s not counting wind chill temps.

Dang, we now have February temps in December, wind will pickup later.

Note- if you live in colder climes. Bleeder valves can be an inside faucet turn on low with constant stream of water, it will prevent pipes freezing. Lowest point on line like basements.

What temps of -40* some winters have taught me, for survival in the cold and keeping my plumbing intact.

Beats the crawl space on my back with a hair dryer, trying to thaw pipes.

Froze