Know Someone Over 50 Making a Difference? Nominate Them for the AARP Purpose Prize

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Morning Roll Call! NOVEMBER - DECEMBER

Message 1 of 256

@catwoman500  Be careful driving.  Would be terrible to have an accident in this cold! 

BTW, I just read that Victoria is returning to PBS on the 14th.  I must check back with TV Talk to see what everyone has been watching lately.

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 256

Was -4* when Chell and I got up and went out, then the wind -25*. Made quick work outside and back in with firewood.

Fire started, both of use are almost atop stove, heat vs cold.

Tonight promises -20* for air temp, winds are debatable, think I’ll keep the Woodstove cranking and pipes flowing.

Enjoy

Froze

Message 3 of 256

@Frozenoem  Sounds like you will need something stronger than coffee for after the hospital visit!   Since Chelli has learned all kinds of things these last few months regarding what makes life worth living,  and by this I mean  fire, carpet in garage, king size beds and her own human, she will begin asking for her own coffee any time now.  I used to know a woamn who would give her chihuahuas a bit in the morning with sugar and cream.  But I am sure you drink yours straight!

Message 4 of 256

Hey, Everyone, Happy New Year!

@LaDolceVita... Brrrr! Its a balmy 16 right now! Feels like 6! Tonight when I'm coming home it will feel like (-)2. I am wearing those longjohns!!!! hate to even think of going out tonight, but 2 (out of 5) people have already cancelled and I feel bad for the hostess. I think Mother Nature is taking revenge because she wasn't invited to the party. Cat Tongue N.

Message 5 of 256

@DaveMcK  I had the long johns ready for putting on this AM.  Stepped outside and the cat water on the porch was still in liquid form, about 32 over night.  But it will only climb to 34 for a high and its cloudy and 70% humidity.  Not Camelot.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 256

Good night everyone on the Front Porch! 

FB_IMG_1514679999840.jpg

FB_IMG_1514687108876.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 256

-11* Chelli and I just returned from kennel 2 minutes in slippers.Promising rise in temp to 1* later today.

@catwoman500

You get used to shallower breathing or breathing through coats.

@LaDolceVita

Black flies are only around for 1-2 weeks but, keep the pesky tourists away. After a couple of years, immunity to their bites happen. Or else you just no longer get the fever. Most Mariners just go out on lakes multitude or ocean to escape.

Keep a can of deet, and jug of Ammonia or Windex handy and the bite is alleviated. Deet keeps them off, have a battery powered version on order.

Time prepare for another abrading session at hospital, joy of joys. I’d like to be able to wear insulated or felt lined boots soon. Chellie would probably like to run again.

Need coffee Froze

Message 8 of 256

@Frozenoem  Perhaps you will get a break in February?    January is the coldest month here but in my experience these extreme cold episodes can happen at anytime between late November and March.  I hate heat & humidity so I can understand why you stay.  Except for the blackflies, that doesnt sound good.  We have deerflies here in the summer and boy can their bites hurt!

@catwoman500  Yep, it hurts to breathe in weather like that.  Hope you have several good books!

Message 9 of 256

LaDolceVita wrote:

@catwoman500  Hopefully you are not buried by all the snow?  I read there were 50 inches in parts of Pa?  Not  in  your area I hope.

@LaDolceVita...Nope, no snow in the Philly area. The area that got dumped on was Erie, way to the west of us. We are just having this awful spell of frigid temps...so not December-like for here. Right now at almost 11 AM it is 15 and the "feels like" temp is 4. They see no end to this until maybe next week?  It has been like this since Christmas, but I think today is the coldest so far.

Stay warm, everyone! Cat Happy N.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 256

@LaDolceVita

Don’t know if its toughness or mere insanity re: Mainiacs🤣.

This is February weather cold snaps are too be expected but, really this early?

Presently -6*, feels like heat wave until you hit the wind then -48* If my NOAA chart is accurate. There’s a reason I try not to think about windchill.

15-30 minutes to frostbite, frozen pipes if breeze hits pipes.

Despite that ,the rest of the year seems to apologize for the cold weather, and always find myself conflicted with thoughts of moving elsewhere.

Froze