Content starts here
CLOSE ×
Search

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024 JUNE

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024 JUNE

MORNING ROLL CALL JUNE 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 1st day of June 2024.
Happy Birthday to all of our June Birthday member.

1000009941.jpg

1000007421.jpg

1000011265.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u   @Frozenoem   I hope you both continue to feel better, Froze with "miracle drug" and @Therapist4u  with physical therapy!  

@SummerIsTooHOT   I am still busier than I like, but some of it now is "me" time.   I had my mom on hospice for 5 years, including during the move 2 years ago.  I always looked like I fell off the turnip truck.  I was a life long exerciser, gave that up one year prior to my mom's stroke,  after my neighbor across the street became homeless and I took all of her dogs in. So for a total of 6 years I took care of the dogs and mom.   I am in a kind of recovery mode now, looking after myself more.  I still have all the dogs except the Claire and Maggie, I wrote of their passing.  But dogs are a pleasure and they keep my outdoors, even though sometimes it's not what I would like!  I DO miss being able to watch shows and read books!!  And when I am able to do those things again I hope I will be able to share them with you 😀.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@MsStretch 

The baby steps were to slow, went from 20-200 incrementally. Tonight sitting in the same chair I’ve been stuck in through the pandemic. Tomorrow it’s back to Henry Miller👍and up again, since I can handle standing again.👍🤣

@Therapist4u 

My banker recommended I get into comics for easier earnings than stocks, He had more than a few while I was in college.

Hope yours are in acid free boxes, in plastic pouches. It’s been 30-50 years since I bought or sold any, and can’t even remember who gave the most bang for the buck.About all I recall is it was in Cambridge outside of Harvard U, across from Hasty Pudding ? Or else I need to return to Cambridge after I find my address book from that century 

One partner remained in comic books and the other is full Professor at ZooMass.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze! @Frozenoem

AFA: since I can handle standing again...that’s fantastic news Buddy!!!

Especially if ya been in the same chair mostly....that you’ve been “stuck in through the pandemic”

AFA: comics...& “Hope yours are in acid free boxes, in plastic pouches”

Well....

Never did invest in that acid free paper or boxes, but I know they have value regardless.... Especially in their uniqueness & rareity...& while not pristine, I did keep them flat & outta sun....

AFA: Cambridge outside of Harvard U, across from Hasty Pudding ?

That reminded me of>>>>>Have earliest Lampoons....

When I getta chance maybe I can take some pics of a bit of what I have....but,....because of ‘internet bad guys’ .... if ya know what I mean ...LOL..., I might send in PMs rather than here

Anyhoot....

As always, ...Stay safe....&...Take care!

☮️  🌩🌦~Allen 🌈    🌞

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem , that's good news the PT is working.  It's never easy, but what's that they say about baby steps at first?

Would love to post pictures of my latest adventures, except I haven't been on any jaunts lately.  Hey, it's summer and all the trees and underbrush are green making it hard to see hidden abandoned treasures. 😁

@Therapist4u , do you ever use one of those riding carts when shopping?  Does anyone ever let you go in front?  I know that if I see someone using a cane or crutches, I let them go in front of me, but I always use self-checkout these days.  Can't remember the last time I stood in line for a cashier.

@catwoman500 , I'm feel your anguish about your latest DMV adventure.  I did the RealID thing right before everything shut down for COVID.  I had not physically been in a DMV for years (renewing everything online), and I was flabbergasted.  Wait in a long line to get a number so you can wait in another long line!  It took me hours, because there was a problem with my marriage certificate (proof of change of name) and I had to sit back down and wait yet again, while they sorted it out.  When I finally got my picture taken (with my goofy grin of relief), I almost did a jig out to my car!

@SummerIsTooHOT , awww, glad you were looking out for Mr. No Name 😽 and glad to hear Ms.G is back. You need to tell her to let you know the next time she disappears.  For future reference, I feed Willie Mae and Giorgio twice a day (morning and evening), but they get wet food with a side of crunchies. My neighbor/co-caretaker leaves a bowl of crunchies out on her deck all the time, but if the furkids don't eat it, the raccoon(s) and any other assorted critters will.  I don't leave food out on my deck.  I do leave water bowls out at all times.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Allan, thnx for the trip down memory lane, haven’t seen or thought of R Crum posters or comix since I needed a down payment on my first house.🤣 Funnies can be turned into cash🤣.One of these days need to get in the attic to locate the limited edition prints.

Doing my finest imitation of Lee to take the chill off, it’s way cheaper than the oil furnace.Or even the heating pad.And feels a heckuva lot better.👍

@SummerIsTooHOT 

Which means by the above it’s downright comfy in a Maine home in summer. Hot in summer by day or comfy

bt night. Well insulated home only took 30-40 years to finish it.

Enjoy all

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze Buddy! @Frozenoem

AFA: Allan, thnx for the trip down memory lane

>>>>>> U R MOST WELCOME!!

AFA: R Crum posters or commix.....One of these days need to get in the attic to locate the limited edition prints.... Funnies can be turned into cash......

Yes.....I have many in boxes.....most in great shape.....I’d love to sell ‘em all.....and all my albums,.....and mags like Rolling Stone....with Jimi, Janis, Tull....etc on cover... and all my Beatles stuff..... and all my 50s, 60s, 70s stuff!

As always, ...Stay safe....&...Take care!

☮️  🌩🌦~Allen 🌈    🌞

Esteemed Social Butterfly

(Tuesday 6/11/24 8:06pm ET)

@MsStretch , Ms. G is finally back I guess from Vacation and you know he got his usual Chicken.  🙄🙄🙄

Lol, she had told me he REFUSES to eat Hard Food but he ate it from me TODAY. Yes, he has her wrapped around his paws.

Anyway, will keep his dish and treats for future times she is NOT here. Of course, I will give him the rest of the pack I had opened. Probably ignore it now that Chicken is back on his menu. What a life he has!!!

Nicole  👵

(Tuesday 6/11/24 3:21pm ET)

Lol @Frozenoem 🤣😂

YOU WROTE:

Discovered myself sinking at stove, had a whiskey tango foxtrot moment. Cooking my breakfast and the stove was getting taller, for once in months was capable of standing up without assistance.

(Tuesday 6/11/24 2:53pm ET)

Okay @MsStretch , I just checked on him and he has left some food in his bowl. So I am guessing a FULL PACK "may" last for ANOTHER meal???

Anyway, he is gone and I am feeling better that he got something in his stomach. Lol, I am sure he has OTHER Feeding Stops but I am NOT sure IF they too maybe AWAY.

Picture attached.

I have everything INSIDE as I am NOT suppose to have a pet = pet deposit $300.  🙄🙄🙄

Will keep an eye out TOMORROW for him. He sleeps in the bed Ms. G bought him - so I can always go over to see IF he is hungry. Lol, yes - one SPOILT cat!!! My boy...

Nicole  👵

20240611_144426.jpg

0 Kudos

(Tuesday 6/11/24 2:28pm ET)

@MsStretch , help!!!

TODAY I fed Mr. No Name about 2pm ET as Ms. Geraldine's car has NOT been here for about 2 weeks. Her son stops by but HE HATES the cat!!!  😤😤😤

So you know he is NOT being fed. I have been in "tears" watching him PATIENTLY waiting for Ms. G EVERY DAY.  😭😭😭

Picked up a Cat Feeder and a few packs of Cat Food TODAY when I was at Walmart. He was NOT over there when I came home but he appeared when Max pulled in. So I went over and gave him food and water. Then he FOLLOWED me home and I gave him more.

MY QUESTION: HOW OFTEN DO YOU FEED QUEEN WILLIE MAE AND THE PRINCE???

I am attaching 2 pictures.

Thanks SO MUCH!!!

Nicole  👵

20240611_141538.jpg

20240611_141740.jpg

(Sunday 6/9/24 8:14pm ET)

For @Therapist4u and @Frozenoem 

📸  A .gif attached  📸

feel-better-snoopy.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, with weird happenings. PT is working with side effects with more work needed.

Discovered myself sinking at stove, had a whiskey tango foxtrot moment.Cooking  my breakfast and the stove was getting taller, for once in months was capable of standing up without assistance.

This may prove interesting when my spinal column starts back talking at me.2-400 exercises for that per day, as possible. Yes, that means I’m tired of feeling ancient.

Modern science is working, I’ll take off a few points for my doing the unplanned squats, overworked muscle groups🤔perhaps.

Yes, that may take several reads to be in English had to relieve pains last night, and still a tad groggy.Sleeping bag and electric heating pad calling, after doing more exercises.

Enjoy all

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze! @Frozenoem I’m really glad to know you’re>>>> capable of standing up without assistance....even though you might have overworked muscle groups.... and that PT is working....even though with side effects....we just have to keep on  keeping on....and keep on trucking  

keep on truckingkeep on trucking

BTW had to lookup >>>> a whiskey tango foxtrot moment ..... so it’s used as a euphemism variation of WTF...... HAHA

Anyway....Take care my BUD & BRO

☮️🚤🌄🍦  ~Allen 🌈   🎨 🛶

(Sunday 6/9/24 7:53pm ET)

And here is our Allen @Therapist4u  💃💃💃

We miss you @MsStretch ....

Nicole  👵

Gold Conversationalist

HI Nicole!  @SummerIsTooHOT AKA @SpringIsHereSoHappy HA!

Since I rarely get notifications I just happened to scroll down & saw this.....

LOL!LOL!

LOL!

Thanks....(& also for all the kudos!)

Take care my 4EVAHfriend!

☮️  🚤  🌄🍦  ~Allen 🌈   🎨 🛶

(Sunday 6/9/24 4:01pm ET)

Folks, I think BIG BRO @Frozenoem is missing us = posting AGAIN!!!  💃💃💃

On the serious side, it is SO GOOD hearing from you. We have been missing you.

Hmmm, next MIA @MsStretch ????

Nicole  👵

Honored Social Butterfly

Afternoon all

@LaDolceVita 

Sketchers and I don’t agree, my tootsies only touch Merrell’s. 4 months to find a pair in my size 13 medium width. Searched everywhere and finally located, now on order. Happy feet with slipons, griping to manufacturer helped or mere coincidence, there coming.👍

@SummerIsTooHOT 

Practically bionic now. Replacement parts I don’t mind but, not allowed new parts until old allow. 6 months maybe.That’s a long course of PT and weight training.

@MsStretch 

Pictures please of adventures .

@catwoman500 

People see me weaving while standing and generally just let me go ahead in line.Either that or they fear for their safety 200 year old cane. Thank Gaia we run tall in the family, the only problem is it’s along way down.

@Therapist4u and Lee

Autofill only works if you appear.and I admit my memory isn’t the greatest for the moment.NEW Wonder drug IS working - experimental . Took a pathologist friend who would like to keep me amongst the living👍.

Delicate little flower , fragile and I should not be used in the same sentence. Finally gaining weight and muscle mass back, never thought 10 lbs could thrill me , as much.😎

@DaveMcK 

Hope the light house keeper keeps the flame going and fresnel )lens) clean.

Enjoy all

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze! @Frozenoem

I’m really glad to see your post here!  (& also thanks for kudos!)

I’m pleased to know you’re getting treatments! Mine are to resume this week with my mew Orthopedic Surgeons.....as I’ve had no help ....or treatments... since my old Doc I had for 5 years suddenly closed his office in Feb!! But the long delay has had consequences...like pain ...on top of pain & stiffness in new areas that previously had not been a problem! Oh well!

I’m still always grateful for what I have left that’s relatively OK!

And I SO relate to: “People see me weaving while standing and generally just let me go ahead in line.” As I mentioned earlier... “For me sometimes walking, doing chores...or even just sitting helps....while other times it increases pain!  And I really can’t stand in 1 place like in line at the RX for more than a couple minutes...I have to start pacing back & forth a bit, & shifting feet & stances etc...drives peeps behind me nuts...LOL! Once in a while, I’ll turn to them & say sorry...but I just had injections in my knees *(or hip, back, hand, etc)......OK PEEPS?!! HAHAAA

And I had to chuckle at this part: “Either that or they fear for their safety 200 year old cane.” 😄

Take your pick!Take your pick!

Also, add me to the list of friends who ... “would like to keep [you] amongst the living” !! LOL!!! 😂

Anyway....Take care my BUD & BRO

(Sunday 6/9/24 1:07pm ET)

SO GOOD to hear from you @catwoman500  💃💃💃

Nicole  👵

(Saturday 6/8/24 3:18pm ET)

Oh my goodness, I got a "response" from our VERY BUSY @LaDolceVita  💃💃💃

Thanks, I HOPE my PBS app lets me!!!  🙄🙄🙄

Yes, lovely day here in Cave Spring, Virginia.

Nicole  👵

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT , @LaDolceVita 

Re: Grantchester...a new vicar this season. Can't wait for next Sunday!

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SummerIsTooHOT   Grantchester is returning to regular PBS this month.  Not sure if you will be able to watch.

@Therapist4u  wondering if you are also a PBS fan?  I do not recall you mentioning anything about fun activities you are able to do with the arthritis or what kinds of books and shows you like.  Nicole gets me thinking about such stuff 😆

@Frozenoem Perhaps you will have to switch to those slip on Sketchers with the firm lip on the back.  Actually they work well.  Believe it or not I am so short of time that I no longer bother with shoes I have to tie.

@catwoman500  Bob Cat picture is great! Too bad your PT is over!  Perhaps you can find a good sub on YouTube?    I am finding tons of yoga teachers I absolutely love lately and lots of physical therapy recommendations from my YouTube searches.  

We are having beautiful low humidity days here in north Ga.  If only they would last for a month or two.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi @LaDolceVita

Thanks for asking....(& also for all the kudos!)

Yes....I’m a huge PBS fan! Until I gave up cable (& switched to just streaming, 2 years ago...) I always had several fav shows I’d watch... on demand... as I had time...& so I could pause them & come back later... or on another day, & among them were: Antiques Roadshow, NOVA, Great Performances, Nature, Wild Alaska Live, Frontline, American Masters, American Experience, Finding Your Roots, Charlie Rose, Bill Moyers Journal, Soundstage, Wide Angle, Wild America, POV, Independent Lens, Secrets of the Dead, This Old House & Ask This Old House. PBS NewsHour, & Austin City Limits (just to name .... A FEW...LOL!)..etc.

AFA: BOOKS.....over the years I’ve read tons....any & all topics...whether humor, cartoons (I still have boxes & boxes of stuff....like most of the original Charlie Brown paperbacks!....as well as MAD mags, rare ones from the 60s with limited runs, like Mr. Natural) ....History of Music...& History of Art... numerous Beatles’ Books albums mags & paraphernalia....etc

>>> I can be fascinated & intrigued by almost anything!

AFA FUN: well...TBH....the last few years ....as the last of family & friends passed on...or moved way too far away....& health deteriorating, being poor, with no car anymore (I depend on Medicare rides) ...& neighborhood becoming unfriendly & unsafe...I just haven’t had much of the F WORD at all....not a priority anymore....so Docs & other healthcare providers & pharmacy appts fill most time slots.....& working on remodeling, & giving away....(or throwing away if no one wants anything)..... that’s a few of my areas of focus now!

But...I do enjoy “chattin’” with Y’ALL.....some wonderful PORCH PEEPS....

& my sense of humor is always wanting to...

>>>>>get out & play!!!....HAHAHA😊

Anyway...thanks for caring!

Anyway #2 .... Hope you & your FAM are all doing well!

Please have a wonderful week too!

Stay safe....&...Take care my friend!

1 comment (Saturday 6/8/24 1:39pm ET)

Luv it, everyone seems to be posting at the TOP!!! Lol, no "black hole" of late.  💃💃💃

[1] Anyway, @Frozenoem and @Therapist4u - gosh, you VERY OLD MEN  👴👴 need to switch out those OLD PARTS with newer models.  🙄🙄🙄

[2] @LaDolceVita and @catwoman500 , any PBS updates? I have been bingeing on Prime. Finally caught up, so I guess it is back to biz as usual = PBS possibilities.

[3] Hmmm, what can I say @MsStretch - lady of adventure. Cannot wait to hear about your next one.

Nicole  👵

Gold Conversationalist

[1] Anyway, @Frozenoem and @Therapist4u - gosh, you VERY OLD MEN

OIOIOIP.jpgOIOIP.jpgOIPP.jpgOIPOIP.jpgOIP.jpg

HAHAHA🤣🙃

Anyway...Stay safe....&...Take care my 4EVAHfriend!

Gold Conversationalist

OH OK Nicole! @SummerIsTooHOT THIS IS FROM  @Frozenoem and ME HAHAHA

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Peeps! Thought I'd share today's experience...

What a fun morning at the Driver’s License Center. I needed to get my photo license renewed and I also decided I better get my Real ID thing in case I ever needed it. So… armed with all the necessary info and documents, I headed out to the center.

Yikes! The last time I was there was during the pandemic, and they had “senior hours.” I had parked in a handicapped spot right in front and looked with dread at the line that wound around the building…but a nice man came out and took me right in and got me a ticket, easy peasy. NOT THIS TIME! LOL

I did get a H parking spot right in front, but this time the line was inside…

Oy! What a madhouse that was. A long snaky line between posts like the airport, just to get a ticket. The sweet lady in front of me said she'd hold my spot if I needed to sit down.
When I finally got to the ticket guy I said what I needed and he asked for the required documents. (If you ever need to use a utility bill for address identification, make sure it's not one you've already paid. Apparently there was no zip code on the bill that I brought in.  Luckily I had brought in my car registration, so that worked. Then I sat and filled out the Real ID form while I waited for my number to be called. OMG…With all the numbers being called to 11 different stations, it was hard to hear.
Finally I got to a person, and when she was finished with me she sent me to the photo person. Will get my license with Real ID star on it mailed to me in about 15 days. I got there about 9:00, and was done by about 10:15, but it felt way longer.  Whew! I’m not used to all the chaos.

Hope your mornings were a lot more fun than mine. I need coffee badly!

Hee Hee!Hee Hee!

Honored Social Butterfly

Discoveries of the day don’t bend down And breathe while tying shoes. With sufficient pain I surpass swearing and enter the screaming stage. 

Went from 82* to 62 to 70* on the space of an hour thunderstorms and hail for a first .Got my first dimple in steel roof.

Next week will know if relief is on its way, new wonder meds on the way.

@Therapist4u 

Which reminds me Martin’s Point cover the same formulary as VA or TriCare.No bills😎Only for Maine based residents but, will cover things without pre-approval in other states.and/or provinces but, I’ve been with them for awhile.

@LaDolceVita 

What doesn’t kill us, makes us stronger. Or Old adages are just so much 💩.You’re aware you live in the country when even Wally World say your too far to deliver to, 1/2 an hour away, think they’re afraid of moose.

Froze

Trusted Social Butterfly

@Frozenoem ...OUCH! Sorry that happened! 🙀 Don't much care for pain with the breathing for sure.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP