Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024

MORNING ROLL CALL 2024
Top of the morning to everyone on this 3rd day of April 2024.

Happy Birthday to all of our April Birthday members.
April Birth Flowers: Daisies and Sweet Peas.

1000009941.jpg

1000010732.jpg

1000010733.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ...I have seen the clips of that one and it looked really cute. Not sure what time it comes on my PBS station, but I think it's when I'm watching something else. Another one I should try to catch up on somewhere, sometime.

Honored Social Butterfly

We were under a winter storm watch, and the trucks were out treating the roads, but woke up this morning to bright sunny, albeit cold & windy, skies. ☀️🌬Whew!  I think we may have gotten a quick shower, ground was a little damp.  Nothing crazy.  @Frozenoem , keep the snow.

@DaveMcK , so happy all went well with cataract surgery.  The biggest PITA for me was the regimen of eye drops that follow, but going from 50+ years of wearing contact lenses to wearing nothing was almost like a miracle!

@SpringIsHereSoHappy , by Willie Mae's mansion, if you are referring to the branch stuck in the roof, it's still there.  What can I say?  It's plugging the big hole. 

@LaDolceVita , glad to hear the sauna is in operation and you are partaking of its benefits.  Ahhhh.

Trusted Social Butterfly

“We do not need magic to transform our world. We carry all of the power we need inside ourselves already.”
— J.K. Rowling

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

March 7th! Will not know about the time until a couple days before the procedure.

Gold Conversationalist

Hi Dave @DaveMcK  Glad to know your 1st surgery went well! Hopefully this will bode well for your 2nd one!

So your phone must have been behaving now too...AMIRIGHT? LOL! BTW: How was your “special Valentine’s Day evening dinner at the retirement center”??! And while I’m at it....Happy Belated Valentine’s Day!

OK... Since I had earlier wished you a Happy Belated Birthday as well....then I want to jump the gun & be the 1st to wish you a:

Happy Happy 🍀 🍀 St. Patrick’s day!🍀🍀

Anyway...stay safe & warm ...

Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Honored Social Butterfly

My first Cataract surgery went well! Today I started my first round of three types of drops four times a day. I can watch TV without glasses fairly well. This will get over the next couple of weeks.

Honored Social Butterfly

It’s a lovely 14* and white particulate matter is falling from the sky. good day for a fire in the stove.Spring will come when it happens, maybe May or June with a glimpse on Wednesday.??

No boats anywhere until lakes thaw out, around 12” need to melt.Until then it’s. My Rangeley included.

Gaia answered my prayers and sent a care pkg of Bustelo from Miami.Cafecito soon!😎👍

My morning as the kids were waiting for the bus on the main drag, they were bundled up.

IMG_4076.jpeg

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hi Froze @Frozenoem

In Gaia’s thought-provoking & inspirational message, I was told that ....I am delicate like the wind....to be gentle on myself...& just focus,...to BE....& then a dragon fly came by....

Gaia also told me a care pkg of Bustelo from Miami Cafecito was sent to someone...from a FROZEN space...so it had to be you.....LOL!!

BTW: How do you prefer your CUPA  Café Bustelo? IMHO there are a variety of ways, such as just black, you can also add sugar and/or cream....& works well with flavored syrups, brown sugar & other sweeteners, & any kind of frothed milk on top to make for a delicious hot or cold beverage. But also there’s the  Café Bustelo Supreme, which packs an even bigger punch as it's made from 100% Arabica beans! YEE-HAW!!!!

Maybe  we can even meet in the main original Café Bustelo

pkg of Bustelo.jpg

Anyway....

I hope that you...are safe & warm in your place!

Take care! 🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈🎿❄️

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u 

Cuban style “Cafecito” 

I’ve been using the same MOKA pot since the 60’s, and -“crema” pitcher for mixing, only difference from rrecipe above is I use a fork to mix. 

I was happy when Walmart and other stores started selling Unbleached Cane Sugar. Easier than driving down to Florida or flying and returning with 20-40 lpounds of sugar and Bustelo, 

I just wish. The supply chain for sugar and Bustelo was better, luckily nephews in West Palm and Miami 

send me Care Pkg when I run out of happiness.

Got old really fast loading sugar and Bustelo into the storage pod on roof of Class C or camper, or army surplus tanker bags for checked baggage.

Now, it’s time for lunch with Cafecito, and a side of 

Haitian piclise, couple of spoonfuls of that cleans your sinuses out and heats internally from head to toes.

Froze

And yes, after long days/nights, I'd still like to swing these hunks of glass , plastic and silicon against the nearest wall Come on retirement!
Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze @Frozenoem

Thanks for all the info!

BTW: They should hire you to be a spokesman for Bustelo! Hahaaa

AFA: Haitian piclise....I found that >>>> Pikliz ...the most popular relish and condiment in Haiti...is often composed of cabbage, carrot, bell pepper, onion, and Scotch Bonnet pepper, julienned or coarsely grated. Sometimes peas are added. The whole mixture is pickled in white vinegar, etc....

So along with Bustelo....you must be a connoisseur of  the hot, bold, spicy dishes of the Caribbean!

And since you mentioned Miami too...did you perchance live around there at 1 time in your life?

Anyway,

Take care!  🏒 ☃️ ☮️ ~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Honored Social Butterfly

One of my in-laws hooked me onto Piclize, on one of her dad’s & husbands Birthday &  Christmas dinners. Put some on my plate , ate it and streaked out of the house in my socks to cool off my toes were sweating.

Reduced serving size no problem!

I’ve only lived in Ft. Laudeedale, Ybor , Panama City, West Palm for 2-4 weeks work. Vacations were 2 weeks maybe, a couple of times O considered stayin  gf long but snow was calling.

So what do you want  try to do with a laptop, read your meme somewhere here.Wha  try’a your budget. Might have Thinkpad or Lenovo suggestions, for faster speed ability.

Froze

Gold Conversationalist

Hey Froze @Frozenoem

How ya been?

Me? Why...thanks for asking LOL!

On the more serious side....I’ve had a few health issues needing immediate attention (as well as my long time orthopedic Surgeon, which I have several areas being worked on currently, suddenly announced the closing of his office!), on top of trying to remodel at the same time....(& of course still trying to get a new ‘puter)

BTW: You mentioned you lived in Ybor...as in Ybor City- Tampa?

I lived in the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater area for 10 years in the 80s....worked, managed &/or consulted with places like the Don Cesar (the “Pink Palace”) on St. Pete Beach,...it was THE luxury resort back then, as well as major hotel chains: like the Hilton [both the downtown location (which at the time was a PLAYBOY Club!) & the Hilton St. Pete Beach]...& even helped open the Tampa Westshore Marriot.

Clearwater’s always been my fav area...has had some of the best white sandy beaches ...& of course tons of resorts, spas, & hotels/motels!

Anyway, as always... Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Honored Social Butterfly

We will be going to a special Valentine’s Day dinner this evening here at the retirement center. 

Early tomorrow morning I will be going in for Cataract surgery. Given the 2 separate surgeries I will not be posting a lot here. I'm not sure how well I will be able to see to type much on my cell phone. The recovery time will be until the end of March for the second surgery.

Honored Social Butterfly

As a former blind as a bat 20/2000 close up no problem, to 20/30- couldn’t get 20/20. Now, it’s darn near any distance I’m fine or need cheap readers.

You’ll enjoy the new lenses, just don’t run out without those welding goggles.Dang it’s bright outside.

Stretch And others had them.

Be nice to the giver of drops until the little bottles are emptied, and the eye covers are through covering your eyes.

Caught glimpses of  my eyelashes for months, whiskey tango…Stopped reaching for my glasses, after a month.

Froze

Honored Social Butterfly

Hoping everyone is having an enjoyable Valentine’s Day!

1000010158.jpg

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Tuesday 2/13/24)

I just watched this on PBS for 1st time - anyone else has seen it?  🤔

The Brokenwood Mysteries 2014 ‧ Mystery ‧ 9 seasons.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Yes I used to watch Brokenwood Mysteries on Acorn.   I will probably start watching it  again.  I think I have seen about 8 seasons.

Trusted Social Butterfly

1 comment (Monday 2/12/24)

@catwoman500 and @LaDolceVita , have you watched HOPE STREET?  🤔

Lol, my PBS app "decides" what I watch, so HOPING it let's me watch the STATION that has it TODAY in about 1/2 hour.

I have figured out UNINSTALLING app and RESTARTING my Android "cancels" the stations I DO NOT want to watch.

But what a "pain"  🙄

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy   Have not heard of Hope Street.   Share a little bit about it?

@catwoman500   I agree no fun to watch TV on computer.  

@everyone, sauna update!!  Still do not have a thermometer, but we both fit into the 1 person sauna.  Started at 5 minutes, up to 15 minutes now but do not know the temperature.  No noticeable effects yet.  Did sleep pretty well the first night, not so good the next night.  Thermometer to arrive Monday!!

Gold Conversationalist

Hey @LaDolceVita

How IZ YA? I remember last week that you’d mentioned “All is quiet on the Porch...”

This week, everybody’s been busy here!

But... I’m slow getting round to all...as I can only use 1 hand well now... b/c of the joys of severe arthritis...as it’s eating away at all my joints for dinner lately 😞 ...& about ½ of my keys stick now or won’t work ....so I have to copy/paste some letters to finish sentences...

And yet....I finally....actually... found a clearance sale on a Lenovo IdeaPad 1 14....YEAH! YEE-HAW!!

...but REALITY STRUCK QUICKLY:

after a whole day, it finally finished setup & updating & ready to use....but it was so super slow.... so I thought let’s see if this is ‘normal’...& see what reviews are saying...& the 1st one I saw was from pcmag...it said this IdeaPad 1 14 can: “...browse the web with a single browser tab open or edit a Microsoft Word document without any major lag or sluggishness, but only just. Anything more complex than these types of tasks will likely cause the IdeaPad 1 14 to balk”

Well, >>> I thought the cheap priced ‘puter would be the cure for my ‘ol laptop probs...but with such a short return window...I regrettably had to pack it up & send it back home...☹️ ...

kinda like I did with 1 of my 1st GFs 🙄...hahhaa 😄🙃

Anyway,.... I’ll check back to see how the home sauna story is unfolding...after the thermometer arrives Monday! 😊LOL!

Take care!  🏒 ☃️ ☮️ ~Allen 🌈 🎿 ❄️ 🏂

Trusted Social Butterfly

2 comments (Sunday 2/11/24)

@catwoman500 , just got my "answer" - NEXT Sunday will be the SEASON FINALE for "All Creatures"  😭😭😭

So GLAD Audrey is staying  💃💃💃

Trusted Social Butterfly

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ...Yeah, had a feeling that Audrey would end up staying. I never really felt that Gerald was right for her although I did like his dog.  

Honored Social Butterfly

1. No promises but, download an app called Pluto to tv, phone or computer and you might find All Creatures, Doctor Who , etc for free to stream- All you need is computer or smart something.
  2. Froze Off to Doc’s
Trusted Social Butterfly

I deleted this post.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Hey, Porch Peeps!

@SpringIsHereSoHappy ...No Super Bowl for me. Since the Eagles blew their chance, I'm not invested in the game this year. Besides, it's PBS night for me. My Masterpiece shows are on back-to-back tonight... Miss Scarlet and the Duke, All Creatures Great and Small, and Funny Woman. Two of them are airing the season finales tonight, so it's a "must see" for me.

Was able to get my PT extended. I feel like it's doing me some good, and I enjoy going there. I have a really nice physical therapist.

Hope you all enjoy the game if you are watching.

Trusted Social Butterfly

@catwoman500  & @SpringIsHereSoHappy  I was wondering if Funny Woman was going to be a good one.  I am hooked on Seaside Hotel on PBS streaming, it is a Danish soap opera type, has 9 seasons and I am only in season 6.  

Trusted Social Butterfly

@LaDolceVita ...Funny Woman takes place in the 60's, so the music was right up my alley. I was sitting there last night rocking and belting out the lyrics. LOL

I think I saw a few episodes of Seaside Hotel, but never was able to find it again. I should look it up on PBS since I think I have Passport. Only problem is that I'd have to sit here at the computer to watch.

Gold Conversationalist

HI @catwoman500 !  I hope you’re feeling, & doing, WELL! AFA PBS: It’s the BEST!! That said...

Before I had cable....on the TVs that you had to get up every time to switch the few channels there were, or to adjust the volume etc. PBS was the main alterative to the BIG THREE ALL CAPS LETTERS CHANNELS...[before CNN LOL!!] : CBS, NBC, & ABC! When signals went digitized (or whatever happened like 20 years ago) I had to get cable (& forced to buy another TV that was cable-ready) I always used on demand to watch PBS so I could choose what to watch & when & pause & return later etc.) Then I bought a wide screen 52 inch **(which was huge at the time) that had the HDMI ports. It still works, but ...Now I need to have another TV that can play HD & all that SMART TV crap stuff....HAAA ...But just can’t afford it...& also had to ditch ever increasing cable! So now I’m using my 2016 laptop to stream shows on demand, like TUBI! But the laptop is dying ...as less keys work & its slowing down a lot...LIKE ME...LOL!

However our PBS ain’t free anymore: “PBS offers a variety of shows and documentaries to stream online, but none of them are free. You can watch full episodes of PBS NewsHour, NOVA, Antiques Roadshow, and other popular series with a Passport membership” Yet one more thing I just can’t afford ATM! SUXBEINGPOORTHATSFORSURE

Anyway, as always... Take care!

🏒☃️☮️~Allen 🌈🎿❄️🏂

Gold Conversationalist

HI @catwoman500 !  The way these forum posts are set up, if someone doesn’t reply...or at least kudo (I hate that we have to use that word here...I’d almost like a simple ‘thumbs up’ 👍 ...LOL!) then we don’t have any other way to know if someone has read a post we make to them!

That said....I don’t know if you saw 👀 this particular post to you earlier...

& since you haven’t posted a new topic... or a thread that wasn’t directed to another specific member...where I could reply to...then this is my feeble (Hahaa) attempt to reach out to you & say:

>>>>>>> I hope you’re feeling, & doing, WELL!

Also... I wanted to say....

Thanks for all the kudos 👍 lately! 👍

Anyway... Take care! 🍀 ☮️  ~Allen  🌈 🍀

Honored Social Butterfly

@Therapist4u I have read and replied to your post

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP