Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Bronze Conversationalist

Coffee !

I've been all over these forums & can't find the 'right forum', so mybe i'll find an answer on the front porch ?  Smiley Very Happy

I have 2 cans of 'cheapie' coffee ; tried mixing them so they would be more flavorful, but not-so-much did it work. Might buy a more spendy brand & mix them, but in meantime, anyone have any ideas on how to make these cheap brands taste better ?

Thanks !

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

coffee smells like heaven.jpg

with enough offee.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1510525603166.jpg

Posted by Dave the Lighthouse Keeper
Honored Social Butterfly

a day without coffee.jpg

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Periodic Contributor

I absolutely love my coffee. I prefer percolator coffee over all others and you?

'Fear can hold you captive.

Hope can set you free.'

Stephen King

Honored Social Butterfly

@e793364k wrote:

I absolutely love my coffee. I prefer percolator coffee over all others and you?

'Fear can hold you captive.

Hope can set you free.'

Stephen King

@e793364k Chicory. That's what makes the perfect cuppa in my humble opinion: dark roast with added chicory. Brewed or French press, my perparation options of choice. 🙂 Although I do percolate it when we camp, and that is always a welcome change from routine. 🙂

Periodic Contributor

I use to love chicory as well, however, since I started banting, it is a no go. I have found chocolate flavored percolator, thus my preferred choice but also love Italian and mocha java 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@e793364k wrote:

I use to love chicory as well, however, since I started banting, it is a no go. I have found chocolate flavored percolator, thus my preferred choice but also love Italian and mocha java 🙂

@e793364k  Huh. Mary, I know that banting is a low carb high, fat diet, but what's the deal with chicory and banting?

Periodic Contributor

Hi Epster...

Chicory actually contains a lot of carbs and that's why 🙂 Percolator coffee has about zero carbs 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@e793364k wrote:

Hi Epster...

Chicory actually contains a lot of carbs and that's why 🙂 Percolator coffee has about zero carbs 🙂

Ah. We make up for that elsewhere. (One ww slice of toast for breakfast, no other wheat on that day, that sort of thing.) DH is holding his daily carbs to around 150. He isn't really on a low carb, high fat diet, but very nearly so. That and waiting at least 5 hours between meals has done wonders for his blood chemistry. His triglycerides and HDL are now texbook, his A1C below pre-diabetes level.

Anyway, best wishes on your diet goals. 🙂

Epster

Periodic Contributor

That is so awesome 🙂 Yes, it has like millions and trillions of health benefits 🙂

Thanks and all the best to you 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

coffee my hot friend.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Coffee Dinker 1.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

OMG !  I have that ! Does Medicare pay for the 'cure' ?

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1507994869769.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

behind every woman.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

I think it takes a bit more than coffee to ensure success, but it's a good start ! But... if you own the business..

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

tall dark and fantastic.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

einstein coffee hair.jpg

OK, so now I shall bame my hair on my coffee. Excellent. (Yesterday, while walking, I scared a dog with whom I am familiar. My (long) hair was extra curly-voluminous due to the moisture in the air. Poor pup didn't recognze me. :))

Honored Social Butterfly

FB_IMG_1505956957650.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

high five coffee.jpg

This may or may not be a good thing ... 🙂

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

Kudo if you are on your second cup of coffee this morning!FB_IMG_1509800423260.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Chock full o'Nuts is a brand of coffee originating from a chain of New York City coffee shops.

Chock full o'Nuts
Chock full o'Nuts logo.png
Product type Coffee
Owner Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group
Country United States
Introduced 1932
Markets North America
Previous owners Chock Full o'Nuts
Sara Lee Corporation
Tagline "The Heavenly Coffee"
Website chockfullonuts.com
Its unusual name derives from the 18 nut shops that founder William Black (c. 1902 – 1983) established under that banner in the city beginning in 1926. When the Great Depression struck, he converted them to lunch counters, serving a cup of coffee and a sandwich for 5 cents.

In time, the brand grew popular, being introduced to the consumer market through grocery stores starting in 1953. Today, it is owned by coffee giant Massimo Zanetti Beverage Group, the largest privately held firm in the industry. We had our first taste of this great coffee at the Morning Call Cafe, New Orleans in 1972. 

Click for Advertisement  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=DqHGuv_-DFA

CFONHVNLYMUG_290x290.jpg2729876e-80ab-41ef-9042-a1315b0870bc.JPG._CB306768685_.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

coffee.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

I love this one !  Got your back, Epster !   Smiley LOL

Sandee2
Honored Social Butterfly

@ss11943859 🙂  Thanks! 🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

addicted to coffee.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Coffee 

Regular Contributor

We spend a lot of time together. Without it, I would never wake up.
Honored Social Butterfly

Coffee 

Honored Social Butterfly

@DaveMcK wrote:

FB_IMG_1496371243216.jpg

LOVE it! Thanks, @DaveMcK for sharing. 🙂

Hey, yesterday DH and I tried the mushroom French press again. This time I broke the mushrooms into smaller pieces. I did the rest the same, except that I served it as lattes. We quite enjoyed it that way as well.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP