Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Respected Social Butterfly

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 41 of 215 (2,372 Views)

Hello Filmnoter!  I am watching various shows which were on PBS and which I missed.  I have not seen any noteworthy movies in a while.  I will be watching Last Tango in Halifax this weekend.  

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 42 of 215 (2,271 Views)
I'm sure you will enjoy reading this Netflix blog entry about a 90-year old lady's love of movies!

http://blog.dvd.netflix.com/new-dvd-releases/a-life-remembered-in-red-envelopes/1/11/2016
Info Seeker

Message 43 of 215 (2,264 Views)
American Horror story is good if you like shows like that. Netflix originals are pretty much good as well like orange is the new back - marco polo- ect

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue? The Imitation Game

Message 44 of 215 (2,269 Views)

Thanks for letting me know Sue.  I will not bother with reading it, there are other books about this subject.   I highly recommend the movie though.

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 215 (2,295 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

Goodness, I have not posted here in over 2 months.  I have not seen anything worth mentioning until "The Imitation Game", a movie based on the book Alan Turing: The Enigma.   I knew a bit about the Turing machine and this movie was quite educational for me.  Of course it took some liberties with the truth but it was great entertainment also.  One of those I would not mind watching again to figure out exactly what went on in the ending.  So much was going on at once that I got a bit lost.  I will try reading the book also.

Hi LDV, I never saw the movie,but I don't recommend the book by Andrew Hodges. He wasn't a good writer,I gave up reading it halfway thru,it was boring. Sue 

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 46 of 215 (2,271 Views)

Goodness, I have not posted here in over 2 months.  I have not seen anything worth mentioning until "The Imitation Game", a movie based on the book Alan Turing: The Enigma.   I knew a bit about the Turing machine and this movie was quite educational for me.  Of course it took some liberties with the truth but it was great entertainment also.  One of those I would not mind watching again to figure out exactly what went on in the ending.  So much was going on at once that I got a bit lost.  I will try reading the book also.

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 47 of 215 (2,384 Views)
I agree The Double Hour kept me guessing for most of the movie, and the lead couple was realistic as a romantic couple. Good pick, LaDolceVita!

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue? The Double Hour

Message 48 of 215 (2,392 Views)

The Double Hour is an Italian movie, a mystery which had me enthralled through most of the movie. Very sensitively done, I highly recommend it.

vita umbratilis
Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: 14 - Diaries of the Great War > Netflix recommendation

Message 49 of 215 (2,484 Views)

"....Frances, I could not find this on Netflix.  Is it part of their streaming service?...".

It's called "The Great War Diary" and is streaming.  I don't understand it, but it has different titles. If you go into Netflix, streaming, you'll find this name. But then, they show a pic of the DVD and it has "Diaries of the Great War". Then, if you search, you'll find the original title with the "14" in it, on IMDB.  I don't get it, but there it is............... 

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”

Re: 14 - Diaries of the Great War > Netflix recommendation

Message 50 of 215 (2,489 Views)

Sparkel18 wrote:

I recently watched an interesting documentary on NetFlix called 14 - Diaries of the Great War.

It was originally shown on BBC in 2014 in 8 segments. The individual episodes tell the story of the first World War as seen through the eyes of soldiers, children, housewives, factory workers, and volunteers—with fourteen main characters who speak through their diaries. This is a crazy quilt of enacted stories based on these diaries, woven together with pieces of actual war footage and animation. I found it to be a very emotional depiction of this historical era as well as very informative.

Frances

Starimage.jpgSparkel18

Frances, I could not find this on Netflix.  Is it part of their streaming service? 

vita umbratilis