Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 31 of 215 (3,643 Views)

I absolutely love DERRECK and NURSE JACKIE. If you didn't watch PARENTHOOD when it was on prime time, I also highly recommend it.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 32 of 215 (3,686 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

".....I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.....".

Hmmm. I'm going to check this out. Never heard of it, until now. I really like this old 60's film called Naked Prey, with Cornel Wilde, which is mostly silent. So I know this kind of film can be very interesting.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 215 (3,719 Views)

I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.  I had doubts about a movie with no dialogue and only one actor but the movie was more than good.   Lots of allegorical images along with  the suspense.

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 34 of 215 (3,841 Views)

The Art of the Steal.

Community Manager

Message 35 of 215 (3,620 Views)

Hoping to "binge watch" soon @tw75038831 and will report back Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 215 (3,313 Views)

@AARPLynne -  no spoiler alerts, but this season is unlike any previous.  Happy viewing and let me know what you think when you are finished.

Community Manager

Message 37 of 215 (3,144 Views)

@tw75038831, I can't wait to check out the new season of House of Cards!

Info Seeker

Message 38 of 215 (2,915 Views)

I don't presume to know your tastes, but my (eclectic) favorites from Netflix are "House of Cards" (new season just out), "Orange is the New Black", and as I am still a fan of the comic books I read as a kid I might suggest "Daredevil" and "Jennifer Jones" which are told in such a way that you do not have to be a fan of the comic they are borne from, just interested in good story telling mixed with an imagination.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 39 of 215 (2,701 Views)

Thanks Filmnoter, I have added your recommendations to my list.  I am still only getting the DVDs from Netflix.  I have begun watching more British TV shows on PBS as Downton Abbey hooked me and I became curious about the other British shows. Yes, I got hooked on several!  I really enjoyed the first disc of Last Tango in Halifax.  Hopefully I will be able to get all of them eventually on Netflix or PBS.  

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 40 of 215 (2,694 Views)
Hello LaDolceVita! I have been slacking and just rewatching dvds I own (what I call "comfort food" type stuff) instead of new things. I did watch Jessica Jones on Netflix, a Marvel character-based series, but the ending was a little flat and unoriginal. I saw a film fest film that is on Netflix now called Man From Reno, a Japanese crime novelist goes to San Francisco and gets caught up in a film noir crime of her own. Maybe you might like Sensitive Skin, a short British series starring Joanna Lumley. For something a little surreal and odd, try Far Side of the Moon. Those are some of the newer things I have watched on Netflix and recommend. Happy 2016!