Start Here or Call 844-222-0104 to Urge Your Senator to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill

Info Seeker

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 21 of 215 (3,594 Views)

What a "jerk" answer.  I served in Viet Nam but do not have any beef with the protesters of that era.  What did we accomplish in intervening in a civil war that was not winnabale by any outside country.  I have a more difficult time with those who got us engaged in the war then llied to us for years about what was happening.  Once I got there and wittnesed what I saw happening, it totally changed my views on the goodness of the war.  Also Jane and others thought they were just as right as you think you are and  we all must show tolorance for a variety of views - is there a black and white answer or elements of truth in what all sides believed. 

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 215 (3,664 Views)

As long as Netflix has "Hanoi Jane" Fonda, I would switch to Amazon Prime.  Also with Amazon Prime you get other benefits.

Unless AARP has some business tie in with Netflix, I do not understand why AARP is touting Netflix.

Boycott Netflix if you wish to honor those who fell in Vietnam!

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 215 (3,647 Views)
I meant pay for what I watch . . . it's been a long day! Smiley Very Happy
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 215 (3,660 Views)

I'm just going to list the shows that I enjoy on Netflix:

Orange is the New Black

Haven

Grace and Frankie

New Girl

Baby Daddy

The Originals

Vampire Diaries

I liked the series Merlin and Reign, but did not like the Tudors.  The actor that play the king creeped me out and I just couldn't watch it.

I don't normally watch reality shows but just for a change of pace I like Kitchen Nightmares.

I want to watch House of Cards, The Ranch, and Marco Polo 

As you can see I like a varity of different shows.  Smiley Happy

A couple of these may not be NetFlix Originals, I don't watch cable just watch Netflix and HuluPlus.

I'm looking into subscribing to Starz next.  I only like to watch what I pay for.

Have fun Netflixing out and eating popcorn! 

Conversationalist

Message 25 of 215 (3,770 Views)

You gave me some suggestions which I haven't seen.  I disagree with you on "Reign".  I am in the process of watching it, and I find it boring.  Silly and contrived.  I watched all The Tudors available and such a big difference in everything, from costuming on down to the music.  It just doesn't do a thing for me.  I ordered it on the advice of a good friend with good artistic taste.  Maybe it is just me. 

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 215 (3,720 Views)
Sorry, I was bored.
Info Seeker

Message 27 of 215 (3,802 Views)

Here are my favorites, which some others have replied they like as well:

House of Cards:  This looks very real that you have to tell yourself it is not real, and isn't happening.

Frankie & Grace:  Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin are perfect in this comedy.  I often catch myself laughing out loud. They talk about eveything along with their x husbands, and adult children.

Wrecking Crew:  A group of musicians who were the backup musicicians for many of the singers back in the 1960-1970s.  It tells of their history, and etc. Lots of good music.

History of the Eagles:  Enough said.  Lots of good music.

Journey:  I think this was the history of Journey.

Janis Joplin:  I started watching it the other night.  It is also good. Interviews sister, brother, high school friends.

Here are a few others:  Longmire, Ranch House, Halt & Catch Fire (history of the computer, but its a series), Reign (Queen Mary of Scotloand before she married the Prince), 

Underarock
Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 28 of 215 (3,509 Views)

Some of our favorites are Longmire (first 4 seasons with season 5 coming this fall), Skinwalkers: the Navajo Mysteries (based on Tony Hillerman novels), Chicago Code, and Bloodline. We also watch several British shows: Jack Taylor; Luther; and Happy Valley. The first two are somewhat violent, which may not be your cup of tea. 

Info Seeker

Message 29 of 215 (3,660 Views)

House of Cards a real MUST and I'm in season 3 of Orange is the New Black. Also on season 2 of Grace and Frankie. Liked Transparent (Amazon)

If you didn't catch Good Wife and Madam Secretary add those as well....

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 215 (3,636 Views)

Nurse jackie was simply amazing - Edie Falco did a tremendous portrayal of an addict's behavior. Binge watched till all hours - way past bedtime. Having two sons who are addicts (IV Heroin users) it was very painful to watch but there was enough "comic" relief to offset the horror of addiction. Everyone in the cast did a phenomenal acting job.