AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Info Seeker

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 31 of 216 (3,711 Views)

Nurse jackie was simply amazing - Edie Falco did a tremendous portrayal of an addict's behavior. Binge watched till all hours - way past bedtime. Having two sons who are addicts (IV Heroin users) it was very painful to watch but there was enough "comic" relief to offset the horror of addiction. Everyone in the cast did a phenomenal acting job.

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 216 (3,714 Views)

I absolutely love DERRECK and NURSE JACKIE. If you didn't watch PARENTHOOD when it was on prime time, I also highly recommend it.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 33 of 216 (3,757 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

".....I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.....".

Hmmm. I'm going to check this out. Never heard of it, until now. I really like this old 60's film called Naked Prey, with Cornel Wilde, which is mostly silent. So I know this kind of film can be very interesting.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Respected Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 216 (3,790 Views)

I watched "All is Lost"  with Robert Redford last evening.  I had doubts about a movie with no dialogue and only one actor but the movie was more than good.   Lots of allegorical images along with  the suspense.

vita umbratilis
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist

Message 35 of 216 (3,912 Views)

The Art of the Steal.

Community Manager

Message 36 of 216 (3,691 Views)

Hoping to "binge watch" soon @tw75038831 and will report back Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 37 of 216 (3,384 Views)

@AARPLynne -  no spoiler alerts, but this season is unlike any previous.  Happy viewing and let me know what you think when you are finished.

Community Manager

Message 38 of 216 (3,215 Views)

@tw75038831, I can't wait to check out the new season of House of Cards!

Info Seeker

Message 39 of 216 (2,986 Views)

I don't presume to know your tastes, but my (eclectic) favorites from Netflix are "House of Cards" (new season just out), "Orange is the New Black", and as I am still a fan of the comic books I read as a kid I might suggest "Daredevil" and "Jennifer Jones" which are told in such a way that you do not have to be a fan of the comic they are borne from, just interested in good story telling mixed with an imagination.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 40 of 216 (2,772 Views)

Thanks Filmnoter, I have added your recommendations to my list.  I am still only getting the DVDs from Netflix.  I have begun watching more British TV shows on PBS as Downton Abbey hooked me and I became curious about the other British shows. Yes, I got hooked on several!  I really enjoyed the first disc of Last Tango in Halifax.  Hopefully I will be able to get all of them eventually on Netflix or PBS.  

vita umbratilis