Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The 25 Best Films of the 21st Century So Far.

Message 1 of 4

My  list  would  have  included  "The  Departed",  "J.  Edgar',  " You  Don't  Know  Jack " ( Al  Pacino ), and   "Wizard  Of  Lies"  ( Robert  De  Niro ).  Million  Dollar  Baby  was  good, but  not  great.  Overall,  the  majority  of  the  films  listed  I  have  not  seen.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 4

I've only seen 2 of the movies mentioned

"Million Dollar Baby" '04,one of my favorites. Hillary Swank,Morgan Freeman's performances in this deeply, emotional movie,deserved their Academy Award wins for,Best Actress,supp actor.The movie also won Best Picture,director for Clint Eastwood.

Inside,Out '2015,a very clever animated movie. The emotions are the stars of the movie e.g. happy,sad,angry,shy.A young teenage girl who's family decides to move to another city. I really enjoyed this movie. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 4

So I have seen two of the top 5 

The Hurt Locker and Million Dollar Baby.  Excellent both imho.  

This article made me realize just how little I follow or go to see movies today and how many great ones I may have missed.  So I am going to make a list and see some of these. But I doubt if I will increase my going to the movies activity much for all kinds of reasons.  

What about you?

Oh and I want to see 

Summer Hours

Directed by Olivier Assayas, 2009

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

The 25 Best Films of the 21st Century So Far.

Message 4 of 4

We are now approximately one-sixth of the way through the 21st century, and thousands of movies have already been released. Which means that it’s high time for the sorting – and the fighting – to start. As the chief film critics of The Times, we decided to rank, with some help from cinema savants on Facebook, the top 25 movies that are destined to be the classics of the future. While we’re sure almost everyone will agree with our choices, we’re equally sure that those of you who don’t will let us know.

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith