Re: Florence Foster Jenkins

Message 1 of 5 (361 Views)

@MaVolta  Her dancing was hilarious!

vita umbratilis
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5 (379 Views)

MaVolta wrote:

Just watched the movie last night, and enjoyed it very much. There's a reason Meryl Streep is always getting nominated for awards, she's just outstanding, as usual. It's based on a true story about New York socialite, a patron of the arts, who loves music, and whose heart's desire was to sing and entertain. It's cute and funny, touching and heartwarming. I give it two thumbs up!! 

I'm not very good with reviews, so here is link to more information . . . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4136084/

Havnt seen it do thanks for the recommendation.  I loved her since The French Lieutenants Woman. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 5 (419 Views)

As I'm thinking about this flick, I'm thinking about how we Americans gave each other leeway and support in this era more so than we do now. Or so it seems.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 4 of 5 (420 Views)

Hi @MaVolta, nice to see you here. 

We watched this movie on DVD a little while ago and absolutely adored it. Meryl gave a Meryl performance (Can you get a titch bored with perfection, I wonder?) Hugh Grant was also spectacular. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Valued Social Butterfly

Florence Foster Jenkins

Message 5 of 5 (431 Views)

Just watched the movie last night, and enjoyed it very much. There's a reason Meryl Streep is always getting nominated for awards, she's just outstanding, as usual. It's based on a true story about New York socialite, a patron of the arts, who loves music, and whose heart's desire was to sing and entertain. It's cute and funny, touching and heartwarming. I give it two thumbs up!! 

I'm not very good with reviews, so here is link to more information . . . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4136084/