Recharge Your Job Search in 2018. AARP Foundation Can Provide You With Resources and Training. Learn More

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly

Re: Florence Foster Jenkins

Message 1 of 5

@MaVolta  Her dancing was hilarious!

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 5

MaVolta wrote:

Just watched the movie last night, and enjoyed it very much. There's a reason Meryl Streep is always getting nominated for awards, she's just outstanding, as usual. It's based on a true story about New York socialite, a patron of the arts, who loves music, and whose heart's desire was to sing and entertain. It's cute and funny, touching and heartwarming. I give it two thumbs up!! 

I'm not very good with reviews, so here is link to more information . . . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4136084/

Havnt seen it do thanks for the recommendation.  I loved her since The French Lieutenants Woman. 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith

Message 3 of 5

As I'm thinking about this flick, I'm thinking about how we Americans gave each other leeway and support in this era more so than we do now. Or so it seems.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving

Message 4 of 5

Hi @MaVolta, nice to see you here. 

We watched this movie on DVD a little while ago and absolutely adored it. Meryl gave a Meryl performance (Can you get a titch bored with perfection, I wonder?) Hugh Grant was also spectacular. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Valued Social Butterfly

Florence Foster Jenkins

Message 5 of 5

Just watched the movie last night, and enjoyed it very much. There's a reason Meryl Streep is always getting nominated for awards, she's just outstanding, as usual. It's based on a true story about New York socialite, a patron of the arts, who loves music, and whose heart's desire was to sing and entertain. It's cute and funny, touching and heartwarming. I give it two thumbs up!! 

I'm not very good with reviews, so here is link to more information . . . 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4136084/