The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Conversationalist

Re: Favorite Movie Actor

Message 41 of 47 (2,820 Views)

Paul Giamatti. And not just for sex appeal.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 42 of 47 (2,872 Views)

Al Pacino

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 43 of 47 (2,920 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

My favorite movie actor for years has been Gene Hackman. He could take a part whether it was good or bad and still make the film worth seeing. He's been in a few 'clunkers' along the way through out his long career,which happens to all good actors. I'm thinking those film roles looked good on paper but never  materialized on screeen or took the role because he needed the money. Of all the movies he's made these are my 3 favorites:

1. Hoosiers'86. He plays a disgraced college basketball coach, who is given his last chance of redeeming himself by coaching a high school basketball team in Indiana in the 50's.He takes the team to the state championship finals.

2. Mississippi Burning"88. He plays an FBI agent/Southern lawman working with another FBI agent{Wilem Defoe} as they try to figure out what really happened to 3 missing Civil Rights  workers in 1964. It was terrific performance by Hackman,was nominated for Best Actor Oscar.

3. Class Action'91. He plays a lawyer who takes on a class action case involving a negligent auto company. The opposing attorney in the case is his estranged daughter played by,Mary Eliz. Mastrantonio,some intense scenes between the two.

Hackman is retired from acting,he's now 86,last movie was in 2004.. He appeared in a cameo  in Mel Brook's very funny movie"Young Frankenstein",'74, played the blind hermit. In the movie"The Birdcage" towards the end,he walks down the runway in drag LOL!

Who is your favorite movie actor? Sue

I forgot to mention this, Hackman has won 2 Academy Awards,Best Actor in "The French Connection'73,best supporting  actor in "Unforgiven'92

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Super Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 47 (2,815 Views)

One of my favs is Bruce Willis.  Hard to believe he was once a NYC bartender.  He has done many of his own stunt scenes.  Good lookin and fearless.  George Clooney is another fav, tho since he married that middle eastern chick.....he may have lost favor with his fans!  He doesn't play those love scenes with his co-stars the same anymore......

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 45 of 47 (2,748 Views)

Helen Merrin.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 46 of 47 (2,669 Views)

Robert de Niro. The only bad movie he ever did was Brazil, in my opinion. He was great in everything else he did.

Valued Social Butterfly

Favorite Movie Actor

Message 47 of 47 (2,525 Views)

My favorite movie actor for years has been Gene Hackman. He could take a part whether it was good or bad and still make the film worth seeing. He's been in a few 'clunkers' along the way through out his long career,which happens to all good actors. I'm thinking those film roles looked good on paper but never  materialized on screeen or took the role because he needed the money. Of all the movies he's made these are my 3 favorites:

1. Hoosiers'86. He plays a disgraced college basketball coach, who is given his last chance of redeeming himself by coaching a high school basketball team in Indiana in the 50's.He takes the team to the state championship finals.

2. Mississippi Burning"88. He plays an FBI agent/Southern lawman working with another FBI agent{Wilem Defoe} as they try to figure out what really happened to 3 missing Civil Rights  workers in 1964. It was terrific performance by Hackman,was nominated for Best Actor Oscar.

3. Class Action'91. He plays a lawyer who takes on a class action case involving a negligent auto company. The opposing attorney in the case is his estranged daughter played by,Mary Eliz. Mastrantonio,some intense scenes between the two.

Hackman is retired from acting,he's now 86,last movie was in 2004.. He appeared in a cameo  in Mel Brook's very funny movie"Young Frankenstein",'74, played the blind hermit. In the movie"The Birdcage" towards the end,he walks down the runway in drag LOL!

Who is your favorite movie actor? Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides