The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Frequent Social Butterfly

Re: Favorite Movie Actor

Message 31 of 47 (2,757 Views)

The Duke. I still enjoy his movies to this day.

Honorable mention: Bruce Willis. Yippie Kye Yay!

Info Seeker

Message 32 of 47 (2,783 Views)

There are too many to mention.  From the beginning of the industry to the present( although I'm not that savvy on alot of our contemporary performers)There have been some classic performers a long time ago which we will probably never see again today. But all performers need to be recognized for what they do.They should be commended for their creativity.

Conversationalist

Message 33 of 47 (2,779 Views)

Burt Lancaster.  Oooph!  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 34 of 47 (2,734 Views)

My all time favorite actor is Cary Grant. I loved that he could easily/effortlessly do both comedy and drama, and that fantastic dry wit that he easily worked into his characters, even the dramatic ones. His Hitchcock movies were superb.

Other favorites (from the classic movies) are Humphrey Bogart, Claude Rains, Clark Gable, and Gregory Peck.

For modern day actors, I like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, and Bruce Willis. 

Social Butterfly

Message 35 of 47 (2,733 Views)

Way too many to mention. Just a few;

Tyrone Power, Gary Cooper, Gregory Peck, Jack Nickleson, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Meryl Streep, Paul Newman, Barbara Stanwyck, Susan Hayworth, Charleton Heston........

Info Seeker

Message 36 of 47 (2,841 Views)
Laurence Olivier.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 37 of 47 (2,947 Views)

I am not a fan of the NYC method actors from Brando to De Niro.  In my opion, De Niro and Pacino are interchangeable; and Brando was generally incoherent.  Dustin Hoffman was in that group originally; but, he blossomed into a truly great actor. I believe the best actors are people like Kevin Kline, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Duvall, Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Alfre Woodard, Kenneth Branagh, Helen Mirren and Ewan McGregor.  I realize I'm leaving off a number of very worthy actors; but time and space are limited.

Conversationalist

Message 38 of 47 (2,947 Views)

DeNiro, Nicholson, Pacino, Hoffman, Hackman...........all great. Of course Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchette. Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duval, I could go on and on.

Conversationalist

Message 39 of 47 (2,874 Views)

DeNiro is my favorite also but as he has gotten older he has made quite a few bad movies.

Conversationalist

Message 40 of 47 (2,801 Views)
I agree, Hackman is great.