Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Info Seeker

Re: Favorite Movie Actor

Message 21 of 43 (3,758 Views)

Chiwetel Ejiofor is a very talented actor who gets very little recognition for his work. 

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 43 (3,735 Views)
I agree Richard Gere is an excellent actor.
Info Seeker

Message 23 of 43 (3,726 Views)
Richard Gere.
Info Seeker

Message 24 of 43 (3,381 Views)

My favorite is Sam Elliot! Is there really anyone better?

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 25 of 43 (2,954 Views)

Immediately (because of his voice) I would have to say Morgan Freeman.  Oh yes, I love his acting also.

Super Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 43 (2,725 Views)

I would love to have been a fly on the wall during the heyday of Broadway shows of the 30s and 40s.  The "round table" at the Algonquin Hotel in NYC where great authors and composers such as Cole Porter, Gertrude Stein, the Gershwins, and Hemingway, congregated.  The discussions must have been sophisticated, witty, and brilliant with these talented minds.  Their contributions to the art world  is incomparable and will probably never be equaled.  So much music today is mindless, shallow and insipid.  

The movies with all the great stars as mentioned, will never be duplicated by today's stars.  Some performances have been worthy of Oscars, but by and large   the newer stars may benefit by watching the icons-they had it all.

Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 43 (2,538 Views)

The Duke. I still enjoy his movies to this day.

Honorable mention: Bruce Willis. Yippie Kye Yay!

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 43 (2,536 Views)

There are too many to mention.  From the beginning of the industry to the present( although I'm not that savvy on alot of our contemporary performers)There have been some classic performers a long time ago which we will probably never see again today. But all performers need to be recognized for what they do.They should be commended for their creativity.

Conversationalist

Message 29 of 43 (2,532 Views)

Burt Lancaster.  Oooph!  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 30 of 43 (2,505 Views)

My all time favorite actor is Cary Grant. I loved that he could easily/effortlessly do both comedy and drama, and that fantastic dry wit that he easily worked into his characters, even the dramatic ones. His Hitchcock movies were superb.

Other favorites (from the classic movies) are Humphrey Bogart, Claude Rains, Clark Gable, and Gregory Peck.

For modern day actors, I like Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney, and Bruce Willis.