What the Government Shutdown Means for You! Which Federal Government Services Will Be Affected? Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Favorite Movie Actor

Message 11 of 48

@DoryAnne2 Hi,he's the only actor I can think of who has won 3 Best Actor Oscars for :

My Left Foot '89

There Will Be Blood' 07

Lincoln'12

I read last week he is retiring from acting,what a loss for movie fans Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Russell crowe

Message 12 of 48

Cant you see those eyes and that handsome face?  Seriously he is a great actor. I have loved eyery movie he has ever been in.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 48

DoryAnne2 wrote:

"....I think Daniel Day-Lewis is one of our best actors......... he can change his appearance and demeanor more than any other actor I've seen......". 

Not my favorite actor (he is great), but fully agree with the diversity of his roles...................

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Conversationalist

Message 14 of 48

I think Daniel Day-Lewis is one of our best actors.  From My Left Foot, to Gangs of New York, to Age of Innocence, to Last of the Mohicans, he can change his appearance and demeanor more than any other actor I've seen.  

Info Seeker

Message 15 of 48

I've long been a fan of movies, and over the years there have been many that I remember and love. Along with that, there have been a large group of actors/actresses that have made those films memorable.  A few that come to mind are Kenneth Branagh, Julie Andrews, Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, Ian McKellen, Maggie Smith.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 48

John Wayne.  Like western movies.

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 48

@smetroI think you have good taste Woman Wink.

;hoc voluērunt Gaius Julius Ceasar
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 18 of 48

From Older Hollwood, male: Bogie (Bogart, of course) and Jimmy Stewart; more current: Tommy Lee Jones, Dustin Hoffman, Richard Dreyfuss, the late, great Robin Williams; female: Bette Davis and her "twin," Susan Sarandon.  Also: Judi Dench and Helen Mirren; younger crowd-still sorting that one out..!

Conversationalist

Message 19 of 48

My favorite Actor was John Candy. What a blast it would have been to meet him. My favorite movie was Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Steve Martin was excellent, too!

My current favorite actor is Richard Dreyfuss. He would be interesting to meet. I loved him in the movie Once Around. It had Holly Hunter, Danny Aiello (also hilarious) and Gena Rowlands.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 20 of 48

Wednesday, July 6, 2016--7:21 am CST

I have several favorite actors, but my all time favorite actor is Jim Carrey. I have all of his movies on Blu-ray and DVD. And some of the soundtracks from some his movies.

Terry (Dallas, Texas)