Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Conversationalist

Re: Favorite Movie Actor

Message 1 of 43 (42 Views)

I agree totally!  Loved The Adjustment Bureau and don't think I've ever seen him in something I didn't like. Part of what makes me enjoy an actor are the roles they pick, not just his talent. Johnny Depp is talented, but I usually don't like his movies. Kevin Costner is another one of my favorites who's movies I almost always enjoy. Nice chatting. LOL

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 43 (52 Views)
Matt Damon
Conversationalist

Message 3 of 43 (304 Views)

All good. Love Jimmy Stewart, since It's A Wonderful Life is my favorite movie.  

Info Seeker

Message 4 of 43 (316 Views)

James Dean ,  John Wayne,  & Paul Newman

Conversationalist

Message 5 of 43 (1,035 Views)

True, I never even thought about Academy Awards. Just think he's incredibly versatile, and a little weird! LOL

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 43 (1,043 Views)

@DoryAnne2 Hi,he's the only actor I can think of who has won 3 Best Actor Oscars for :

My Left Foot '89

There Will Be Blood' 07

Lincoln'12

I read last week he is retiring from acting,what a loss for movie fans Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Info Seeker

Russell crowe

Message 7 of 43 (1,124 Views)

Cant you see those eyes and that handsome face?  Seriously he is a great actor. I have loved eyery movie he has ever been in.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 43 (1,230 Views)

DoryAnne2 wrote:

"....I think Daniel Day-Lewis is one of our best actors......... he can change his appearance and demeanor more than any other actor I've seen......". 

Not my favorite actor (he is great), but fully agree with the diversity of his roles...................

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Conversationalist

Message 9 of 43 (1,266 Views)

I think Daniel Day-Lewis is one of our best actors.  From My Left Foot, to Gangs of New York, to Age of Innocence, to Last of the Mohicans, he can change his appearance and demeanor more than any other actor I've seen.  

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 43 (1,648 Views)

I've long been a fan of movies, and over the years there have been many that I remember and love. Along with that, there have been a large group of actors/actresses that have made those films memorable.  A few that come to mind are Kenneth Branagh, Julie Andrews, Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Harrison Ford, Morgan Freeman, Ian McKellen, Maggie Smith.