Meet Age-Defying People Doing Incredible Things — and Disrupting Aging. Share Your Story

Gold Conversationalist

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 1 of 182 (118 Views)

The Art of the Steal.

Community Manager

Message 2 of 182 (131 Views)

Hoping to "binge watch" soon @tw75038831 and will report back Smiley Happy

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 182 (139 Views)

@AARPLynne -  no spoiler alerts, but this season is unlike any previous.  Happy viewing and let me know what you think when you are finished.

Community Manager

Message 4 of 182 (145 Views)

@tw75038831, I can't wait to check out the new season of House of Cards!

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 182 (155 Views)

I don't presume to know your tastes, but my (eclectic) favorites from Netflix are "House of Cards" (new season just out), "Orange is the New Black", and as I am still a fan of the comic books I read as a kid I might suggest "Daredevil" and "Jennifer Jones" which are told in such a way that you do not have to be a fan of the comic they are borne from, just interested in good story telling mixed with an imagination.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 182 (213 Views)

Thanks Filmnoter, I have added your recommendations to my list.  I am still only getting the DVDs from Netflix.  I have begun watching more British TV shows on PBS as Downton Abbey hooked me and I became curious about the other British shows. Yes, I got hooked on several!  I really enjoyed the first disc of Last Tango in Halifax.  Hopefully I will be able to get all of them eventually on Netflix or PBS.  

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 182 (224 Views)
Hello LaDolceVita! I have been slacking and just rewatching dvds I own (what I call "comfort food" type stuff) instead of new things. I did watch Jessica Jones on Netflix, a Marvel character-based series, but the ending was a little flat and unoriginal. I saw a film fest film that is on Netflix now called Man From Reno, a Japanese crime novelist goes to San Francisco and gets caught up in a film noir crime of her own. Maybe you might like Sensitive Skin, a short British series starring Joanna Lumley. For something a little surreal and odd, try Far Side of the Moon. Those are some of the newer things I have watched on Netflix and recommend. Happy 2016!
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 182 (228 Views)

Hello Filmnoter!  I am watching various shows which were on PBS and which I missed.  I have not seen any noteworthy movies in a while.  I will be watching Last Tango in Halifax this weekend.  

vita umbratilis
Gold Conversationalist

Message 9 of 182 (241 Views)
I'm sure you will enjoy reading this Netflix blog entry about a 90-year old lady's love of movies!

http://blog.dvd.netflix.com/new-dvd-releases/a-life-remembered-in-red-envelopes/1/11/2016
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 182 (331 Views)
American Horror story is good if you like shows like that. Netflix originals are pretty much good as well like orange is the new back - marco polo- ect