Help AARP Foundation Rush Aid to Seniors Affected by Flooding in Louisiana. Give Now

Info Seeker

Re: What Should I Add to My Netflix Queue?

Message 1 of 208 (83 Views)

Orange is the New Black series

Newsroom series

Longmire series

Boardwalk Empire series

Respected Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 208 (127 Views)

@retiredtraveler  The Aviator   sounds very good!!    

@doglover52  Many reviews I read for The Lady in the Van were quite negative!!  Different strokes & all I guess.  I recommended it to a friend who is quite a Maggie Smith fan, I am anxious to see how she likes it.

vita umbratilis
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 208 (137 Views)

doglover52 wrote:

"The Martian" starring Matt Damon based on the book by Andy Weir which is terrific as was the movie....".

Yeah. I have this in the queue............

If you really want change, vote Libertarian
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 4 of 208 (210 Views)

"The Martian" starring Matt Damon based on the book by Andy Weir which is terrific as was the movie. The story is about an astronaut ,"Mark"{Damon's character}who is mistakenly left behind on Mars after his team has completed a mission. He figures out interesting ways to survive and how he communicates with NASA.

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 208 (247 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

"..."The Lady in the Van"  was a great vehicle for Maggie Smith and quite a good movie.....".

We just rented that last week. Yes, we liked it. Very different sort of film.

You may want to consider The Aviator if you have any interest in Howard Hughes. Long film --- we split it into two nights.

For you Sci-fi fans, take a look at Interstellar. I'm a long-term sci-fi fan, but have posted before that most sci-fi films are crappola. This film was very different from others, and a lot of good theory (put in at an entertainment level) on relativity and the problems of quantum mechanics negating some of the theory (yeah, I'm nerd but the film was not a tech discussion).  

If you really want change, vote Libertarian

Message 6 of 208 (251 Views)

Sue, I thought as much when I saw the ending.  I may watch this again at some point.

vita umbratilis
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 208 (258 Views)

LaDolceVita wrote:

"The Lady in the Van"  was a great vehicle for Maggie Smith and quite a good movie.  A bit sad at times but also funny, well worth watching.

Hi LDV,this was a terrific movie,price of ticket was seeing Maggie driving the van. Its based on a true story between playright Alan Bennett and Mary Shepard. The real Bennett shows up briefly at the end when they are dedicating the building in Mary's memory. Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides

Message 8 of 208 (273 Views)

"The Lady in the Van"  was a great vehicle for Maggie Smith and quite a good movie.  A bit sad at times but also funny, well worth watching.

vita umbratilis

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 208 (782 Views)

Nice to have all the new posters.  I will have to check all these recommendations. 

vita umbratilis
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 208 (917 Views)

You're absolutely right.