Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What do you think about the impending health tax reform?

Message 1 of 59 (36 Views)

@msNessa59

Did you feel any of the $700+ BILLION that came from Medicare to fund Obamacare?

Did you have the same outrage then?

There is a lot more savings and changes where those came from -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2012/08/30/how-congress-paid-for-obamacare-in-two-charts...

$415 BILLION - reductions in hospital and provider payment

$156 BILLION - reductions to Medicare Advantage plans

$  56 BILLION - reductions in DSH payments     

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 2 of 59 (38 Views)
If you don't follow science and see that Global warming is a fact, then you are an idiot. My brother is a world traveler and has photos of Iceland and Greenland 25 years ago, you fly over those countries and see there is no ice. Go further north and see the ice is breaking up and coming further south because chunks of ice are melting.
You adhered to one comment about Florida being under water by 2014, but did you also follow that while that didn't happen, how many hurricanes we've had with disastrous effect on Florida, Texas, Puerto Rico, etc. The climate people say they're coming more often and are stronger each time. I'd rather be informed and it be a wrong prediction than to stick my head in the sand and say it's a myth, or it won't happen. There's not cure for stupid except reality hit you between the eyes someday.
Bronze Conversationalist

Message 3 of 59 (40 Views)

If you've been following the News, not Fox for those wing nuts, but the real news, truthful news that Our Idiot, Moron President calls "fake" news, which is in reality the truth. This bill is going to hurt us, deeply and my family which are right in the middle of the so called Middle class.

What kind of a future are we going to hand our children and grandchildren? The bigger issue is what are we going to do to continue to put up with this administration which is killing our environment, health care, decency, respect with our allies around the world, and any decorum of order and law?

This bill is only the tip of the iceberg of what this Moron President has in store for us. In fact he doesn't even know what's in this bill. His own words said Oh this is going to be a big Christmas present for the middle class. Who is he lying and kidding? All economists, anyone with knowledge of tax law and this bill say it is the biggest gut blow to the poor and middle class and a huge handout to the top 1% of the wealthiest. 

And who's going to pay for their tax cut, and the debt ceiling raised, give you one guess, you and I and our children.

If there are any Trump supporters you need to check your facts and truth before supporting this man who has lied to the American people over 1,600 times.

Call you respresentative and say one thing: "IF you're voting for this bill, I will NOT be voting for you the next time you're seat is up for re-election." 

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 4 of 59 (55 Views)

I truly think that this new health tax reform is a disaster, how are those of us who don't have the higher level income suppose to survive. Where are we suppose to get the monies from to pay our healthcare bills? Well for those who have think about those who have not. I believe that our president and the republician party are trying to literally kill off all older americans, those that have disabilities and those of lower income. I think our fight should be for whats fair for all americans no matter income or social status.They tell you only what you want to hear and don't want you to read the small print. Do the homework on who you put your faith in, at the end of the day do whats best for you, because they don't have our best interest at heart.

Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 5 of 59 (434 Views)

elliotstamler wrote:

Readers will note I did not stoop to personal insults in my comment; I strongly criticised your views which I consider wrong and untrue.  

There is indeed  a Trump Derangement Syndrome comprised of those who like you are amongst the 35% of Americans who continue to support him with he himself suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder syndrome. 

Like your fellow extremists on Breitbart et al, you immediately call my comments "crap" and inform me I am ignorant, absurd, etc.  You are precisely the kind of person your idol said would support him if he went out onto 5th Ave. in front of his tower and shot someone.

My further  response in light of what you wrote is that as to ignorance, I am confident my intellectual pedigree and academic background far excells yours; indeed I do not think, Mr. Dennis, you could gain admittance to either of the two great universities from which I graduated..one in the Ivy League.  I don't know your academic credentials and I'll add I don't know your finances either but given your utter lack of courtesy and written deportment, I'd guess I can buy and sell you several times over.

Finally if as you have written you are NOT a Republican, I can only surmise even they aren't conservative enough  for you...perhaps if Richard Spencer forms a party you'd find a happy home there.

Please stop rambling on about how you are a rich and well educated elite, above we real people who just have to make a living in life. Maybe if whereever you went to school had taught you to read more carefully, you would not lie about what other people wrote. Or maybe it's just the opposite of that; maybe some elite academic taught you to lie and brag when called out for spewing fake news ("The best defense is a good offense... have another port, old man" or some such drivel).  All your bragging is typical of the person that gets called out for three totally false statements and cannot provide any intellecutal backup or source(s) for his or her lies... or even explain why he or she has  been fooled into believing the left's fake news.

• My comment (chrono comment 51) was that your statement that the Republicans were going to "emasculate" their own Medicare creation was ignorant (and hilarious and asburd). I did not write that you were ignorant or absurd. Please cite where you read such a nonsensical statement about public Part C Medicare Advantage and other types of Part C being changed (or better yet, stop trying to scare seniors with leftist nonsense)
  • Similarly in chrono comment 49 you lied about what I had written in my earlier comment about the effect of the 10%-AGI-Limit on medical deductions on seniors, in which I wrote "not affected by," not "don't care."

It is clear why you totally ignored the substance of my chrono comments 3 and 51 (not only concerning public Part C health plan program but also the other facts about tax reform ... You made your comment up out of whole cloth instead of the truth.

Go back to the country club and play bridge.

(I admit the use of the word "crap" was over the top... heat of the moment, reading your nonsensical claim about Republicans "emasculating" their own invention. I changed it.)

Conversationalist

Message 6 of 59 (480 Views)

Readers will note I did not stoop to personal insults in my comment; I strongly criticised your views which I consider wrong and untrue.  

There is indeed  a Trump Derangement Syndrome comprised of those who like you are amongst the 35% of Americans who continue to support him with he himself suffering from Narcissistic Personality Disorder syndrome. 

Like your fellow extremists on Breitbart et al, you immediately call my comments "crap" and inform me I am ignorant, absurd, etc.  You are precisely the kind of person your idol said would support him if he went out onto 5th Ave. in front of his tower and shot someone.

My further  response in light of what you wrote is that as to ignorance, I am confident my intellectual pedigree and academic background far excells yours; indeed I do not think, Mr. Dennis, you could gain admittance to either of the two great universities from which I graduated..one in the Ivy League.  I don't know your academic credentials and I'll add I don't know your finances either but given your utter lack of courtesy and written deportment, I'd guess I can buy and sell you several times over.

Finally if as you have written you are NOT a Republican, I can only surmise even they aren't conservative enough  for you...perhaps if Richard Spencer forms a party you'd find a happy home there.

Info Seeker

Message 7 of 59 (646 Views)

How can people either Republicans or Democrats not look at the proposed tax changes and not be upset. In light of the Paradise Papers sheding light that most of Trump's cabinet has money of shore and pays no taxes. The same with a lot of companies.. yet Republicans want to limit or take away deductions for the middle class while allowing companies to take a deduction for the expenses of moving jobs off shore! Amazing. Looting of America! Call your local Congressman and urge them to change the proposed taxes to close loopholes for the rich. 

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 59 (730 Views)

For people who worry about such things, the commenter who wrote chrono comment 50 -- unlike the commenter who wrote chrono commenter 49 -- happily does not have Trump Derangement Syndrome. Chrono Commenter 50 just has Bush Derangement Syndrome, a similar but much less debilitating and longer lasting psychosis that makes up nonsense about stealing from the Social Security Trust Funds and that babbles on about the Kyoto Protocol (that's the global warming document that said Southern Florida and lower Manhattan would be under water in 2014).

For those that appreciate facts instead of babbling:

• No one took any money out of the Social Security Trust Funds ever (except to pay us our SS)
  • The current budget estimates that Medicare spending will increase from about $600 Billion in 2018 to almost a Trillion dollars in 2026 (People with TDS call that a "cut")
  • Manhattan south of 42cnd Street is dry as a bone
Valued Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 59 (737 Views)

elliotstamler wrote:

NO WE ARE NOT BEING LIED TO BY 'LEFTISTS'!

We are being lied to be rightists.   By rightists who themselves are multi-millionaires and billionaires led by a narcisstic egomaniacal mental case who is devoid of a scintilla of compassion or care about anyone but himself and his detestable family.

You declare that 90-95% of seniors do not care about the elimination of the medical/health expense deduction and you deceitfully link the few who do with seniors with high incomes.  A double lie.

For your information the vast majority of seniors DO have medical/health expenses that are OFTEN high and the older they get the higher the expensea will get.  Every reputable study shows 75% of taxpayers now itemizing deductions will pay higher taxes under this disgusting Trump ripoff tax bill that will, with the eliminatiion of the estate tax in its entirety, make  his detestable family, even richer iinthe future.

Lastly:  I am myself quite well off and with an excellent Medicare Advantage Plan (which the disgusting Republicans are planning to emasculate in the future also) so probably I'll be  okay.  Millions won't.  Any senior citizen who supports Donald Trump deserves what they will get.

Your Trump Derangement Syndrone (TDS) makes you just about incoherent so its hard to reply but just to provide facts instead of your typical TDS rant:

1. I did not say "don't care." I said are "not affected by." I understand the problem that TDS makes people with the disease unable to speak and understand English the way they used to; sorry about that. All relevant statistics as to why losing the ability to deduct medical expenses over 10% of AGI only matters to 5%-10% of we seniors are in chrono comment 3 so I won't repeat them (but the most obvious one is that 80% of us do not even bother to itemize anything, medical expenses or anything else; I didn't realize TDS affected math skills too)

2. Of course, the 5%-10% who care are rich. Who else makes so much money in retirement that they would itemize. But for the 10%-AGI-limit to matter to them, they would also have to be -- sadly -- quite sick. But rich people do not get sick to the same extent as we poor and middle class people (and when did people with TDS start caring about rich people anyways).

3. The rest of your words (see note) does not relate to my comment but your final sentence is hilarious:

• "I am myself... with an excellent Medicare Advantage Plan, which the disgusting Republicans are planning to emasculate in the future also."

What an absurd, ignorant statement. The public Part C Medicare health plan program (of which Medicare Advantage is the most popular type) is Republican Medicare. How (or why) would they "emasculate it?" What the Republicans (I am not one despite what your TDS makes you think) are in fact basically proposing is that everyone get a form of Part C, in which Original Medicare would also also be a type (so that seniors would no longer have to buy expensive private Medigap insurance). Although President Clinton signed Part C into law finally in 1997, the Democrats kept it from becoming a law from 1972 to 1997 and then proposed elminating the public Part C program in all their subsequent party platforms until 2016.

Get the TDS checked.

(NOTE: Originally the word "words" was "crap" but that was offensive to chrono commenter 50, an wealthy and highly educated elitist 1%er.)

Bronze Conversationalist

Message 10 of 59 (868 Views)

I'm not sure what the second long comment was saying. What I do know is that the new "tax reform" bill presented by our elustrous President is a farce and a lie to the American People. As usual Congress and the President's cronies want the top 1% to get "their" lower tax rate, but leaving the middle and lower class to gross a whopping $60.00 a month. (That's pure guesstimate, but I've heard such figures).

Now the real issue is Trump wants his rich backers to get their "money" by raising the debt ceiling, AND then gutting medicare, medical and any medicare expansion. NOW that affects your health figures and even possible the quality of health care. The Repubiclans several years ago under Bush Jr. "borrowed" billions from Social Security, but conveniently "forgot" to pay it back. It was for that great war agains Weapons of mass destruction.

Okay, the bottom line is, the rich get their tax break, the middle class get a miniscule amount (Merry Christmas Middle class), and to pay for that wonderful bill it has to come from somewhere????  Right??? Mmm, let's gut Medicare, and tap the ignorant middle class of their Social Security. There are those fighting this horrendous, disastrous bill and I hope they deliver another defeat to Donald Trump who can't be believed, trusted and certainly could lead himself out of a paper bag.

Oh one more detail, in 2017 the world saw an increase in greenhouse gasses or in other words CO2 emissions from the US and China. Because of more use of coal, and due to China's horrible drought which caused them to burn coal for energy as opposed to their hydro-plant generators. What does this have to do with our economy? Everything because it points to a President who is igornant of the issues and the future of this planet. If we invest in the future with renewable energy and not destroying our planet there will be an industry that creates jobs, a clean environment, and respect for life and that means we retired, tired and ready to retire old people.