Watch AARP’s New Celebrity Video Series with Don Rickles, ‘Dinner with Don,’ on Our YouTube Channel

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The changes to medicaid, medical, medicare, insurance is just a unAMERICAN

Message 1 of 10 (542 Views)

byrondennis wrote:

Chrono comments 1 and 3 are nonsense comments from a commenter that refuses to face facts but instead repeats lies fed to him or her by far left wing ideologues that simply want to siphon political contributions from seniors so that that the far left wing ideologues can spread more lies. (Since the commenter will not provide his or her name, it is possible the commenter is a fund raiser for the ideologues and not just a dupe of the ideologues.)

Chrono comment 1:

• "These changes affect the sick and weak the most. Their health therefore their very survival is connected to the current health laws. These changes are just a back door to genicide of the old, sick, poor, and those with disabilities.  Since when do AMERICANS support GENICIDE of its own people. It is slow but effective back door Genicide. The health care is not wasteful spending. There are other ways of saving money.  What ways do you think the government  can save money? Because GENICIDE is not the American way."

In addition to not even stating what changes the dupe is talking about, this comment (chrono comment 1) is the typical Stalinist 'big lie' technique that claims anyone that disagrees with him or her is a traitor and is trying to kill everyone the way the Nazis killed millions during World War II.

In response to chrono comment 1, in chrono comment 2 I cite four specific facts about Medicare specifically tied to the most recent Medicare Trustees report and I cited the laws that caused the Trustees to state those facts. Similar facts were also stated in 20 years of previous such Medicare Trustees reports as applicable. I also pointed out that the Medicare Trustees report I cited was prepared by the most far left wing government in United States history. I also cited the key fact about Medicaid.

The anonmymous commenter in chrono comment 1 then replies not with his or her own facts but with this nonsense:

• "Sounds like a Ringer sent in to repeat the verbiage of those trying to change the health care. Kiss You all have yours and who cares about everyone else." 

So in addition to the sorts of personal attacks favored by Stalin and Hitler -- and Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton -- (see Note) instead of facts, we have two nonsense sentences -- intespersed with a meaningless word. Let me repeat: at least in terms of Medicare, those trying to "change the health care" (because words are left out by the commenter who knows exactly what is meant by that phrase by chrono commenter 3)  are the most far left wing government in United States history. No one would consider the Obama administration a "you all have yours" group.

NOTE: Chrono comment 3 also features a feeling of many of the facts-challenged commenters on the AARP web site. People who disagree with them are "ringers sent in..."

How sad to see such a long post that goes no where. Why is the person you are answering a dupe? They have given good comments based on facts. The only ideologue in these postings are from you. Now you talk about spreading lies by the poster. That is just not true. When one understands the subject they know this. You say the poster is a fund raiser? Really. It was not to long ago you gave me some advice that would have cost me over $1,000 per year if I had followed it. Where you a fund raiser for the path you were pushing with me? Gee I did not see any reference to Nazis or WW2 in his posts. By the way if you watch the the TV channel American Heroes they have run a program titled The rise of Hitler. Watch it and you will see that Trump is doing the same thing. Now as far as the Medicare Trustees report. One has to understand what is in the report before making comments on it. You used a reference to that when you gave me the bad advice. In closing once again it is you not the poster you refer to who is posting the nonsense. You have even told all AARP should not be used for assistance, but you use its web site to spread your fairy tail. How sad.

Info Seeker

Message 2 of 10 (557 Views)

This is not an inapproaite reply it's right on!  American wanted Abortion they got it!  I was waiting for Genticide here it comes through medicare cuts the poor, very old, they haven't said it but the government thought it nonproductive people that make medical costs so high.  So no cpr at 80? 85?  Now what's that called  end of life by government or no money for nonproductive person.  people we are God's temple's Women you have no right taking God baby that's in your body .No your body is not your own the Devil made you think that way.  You are God's Temple.  I'm very sorry you have been fooled by the Satan.  Come on people of America Let's God take over not Satan. Read Bibles again  find out what is righteous and good again!

a

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 10 (561 Views)

I think all people who work for the government should live on the same medicare most of us live on. I think they would think differently and social security.money we get a month.

YoungatHeart7 wrote:

These changes affect the sick and weak the most. Their health therefore their very survival is connected to the current health laws. These changes are just a back door to genicide of the old, sick, poor, and those with disabilities.  Since when do AMERICANS support GENICIDE of its own people. It is slow but effective back door Genicide. The health care is not wasteful spending. There are other ways of saving money.  What ways do you think the government  can save money? Because GENICIDE is not the American way.

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 10 (860 Views)

"...The changes to medicaid, medical, medicare, insurance is just a unAMERICAN...".

What changes? Nothing has been voted on, much less passed. What's un-American is fear mongering before anything has happened.

Please tell me what changes have been passed.

“The world is a book. Those who do not travel read only one page.”
Info Seeker

Message 5 of 10 (867 Views)

Please tell me what exactly are the cuts to Medicare funding? What is really needed are the following:

The medicare payments from Social Security payments should not be taxed as income if you need to declare part or all of you social security payments to the iRS. 

The medicare payments should be the same no matter what income as paid into by all legitmate wage earners at a rate of 1.45%Medicare should never be supplimented by medicaid as medicaid is not a program that legitmate wage earners pay into.

Give Medicare receivers the same low income benifits for heathcare cost as those under age 65.

Dump the system that allows Medicare providers to charge more than ten times for a test or procedure if medicare declines the coverage. That's racketeering to me!!!

Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 10 (1,078 Views)

To the RINGER'S lates comments

DITTO!

Recognized Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 7 of 10 (1,163 Views)

Chrono comments 1 and 3 are nonsense comments from a commenter that refuses to face facts but instead repeats lies fed to him or her by far left wing ideologues that simply want to siphon political contributions from seniors so that that the far left wing ideologues can spread more lies. (Since the commenter will not provide his or her name, it is possible the commenter is a fund raiser for the ideologues and not just a dupe of the ideologues.)

Chrono comment 1:

• "These changes affect the sick and weak the most. Their health therefore their very survival is connected to the current health laws. These changes are just a back door to genicide of the old, sick, poor, and those with disabilities.  Since when do AMERICANS support GENICIDE of its own people. It is slow but effective back door Genicide. The health care is not wasteful spending. There are other ways of saving money.  What ways do you think the government  can save money? Because GENICIDE is not the American way."

In addition to not even stating what changes the dupe is talking about, this comment (chrono comment 1) is the typical Stalinist 'big lie' technique that claims anyone that disagrees with him or her is a traitor and is trying to kill everyone the way the Nazis killed millions during World War II.

In response to chrono comment 1, in chrono comment 2 I cite four specific facts about Medicare specifically tied to the most recent Medicare Trustees report and I cited the laws that caused the Trustees to state those facts. Similar facts were also stated in 20 years of previous such Medicare Trustees reports as applicable. I also pointed out that the Medicare Trustees report I cited was prepared by the most far left wing government in United States history. I also cited the key fact about Medicaid.

The anonmymous commenter in chrono comment 1 then replies not with his or her own facts but with this nonsense:

• "Sounds like a Ringer sent in to repeat the verbiage of those trying to change the health care. Kiss You all have yours and who cares about everyone else." 

So in addition to the sorts of personal attacks favored by Stalin and Hitler -- and Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton -- (see Note) instead of facts, we have two nonsense sentences -- intespersed with a meaningless word. Let me repeat: at least in terms of Medicare, those trying to "change the health care" (because words are left out by the commenter who knows exactly what is meant by that phrase by chrono commenter 3)  are the most far left wing government in United States history. No one would consider the Obama administration a "you all have yours" group.

NOTE: Chrono comment 3 also features a feeling of many of the facts-challenged commenters on the AARP web site. People who disagree with them are "ringers sent in..."

Gold Conversationalist

[ Edited ]
Message 8 of 10 (1,218 Views)

Such angre, must of hit a nerve.  Wow, and name calling like on the grammer school playground how original. Sounds like a Ringer sent in to repeat the verbiage of those trying to change the health care.

Kiss

You all have yours and who cares about everyone else.  

Recognized Social Butterfly

[ Edited ]
Message 9 of 10 (1,244 Views)

YoungatHeart7 wrote:

These changes affect the sick and weak the most. Their health therefore their very survival is connected to the current health laws. These changes are just a back door to genicide of the old, sick, poor, and those with disabilities.  Since when do AMERICANS support GENICIDE of its own people. It is slow but effective back door Genicide. The health care is not wasteful spending. There are other ways of saving money.  What ways do you think the government  can save money? Because GENICIDE is not the American way.

I am afraid you are a victim of far left wing fake news from Bernie Sanders and AARP and other statist propaganda outlets. It is current law that is leading to a "slow but effective" catastrophe. Under current law, if no change is made to current Medicare law:

• Starting next year, the Secretary of HHS will begin making arbitrary cuts to Medicare with no Congressional oversight. That's because the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 as amended mandates that Medicare spending growth cannot exceed a certain percentage related to inflation (it's the same sort of rule as the one that freezes your Social Security year over year). These arbitrary cuts will only be a percent or two at first and will take effect in 2019. In future years they could be much higher depending on inflation.
  • Separate from the arbitrary PPACA cuts to Medicare by the Secretary of HHS noted in the first bullet, in 2020 or 2021 a person then newly joining Medicare will have to pay over $200 a month in Part B premiums (most of us today pay around $110 a month and our premiums will only grow very slowly). This high premium for people just then joining Medicare is based on a Medicare-related  law passed in the 1980s.
  • After 2024, separate from the arbitrary PPACA cuts to Medicare by the Secretary of HHS, doctors will receive no further increases in their fees for treating people on Medicare (those fees are already very low). More and more doctors will stop accepting new patients on Medicare (about half of doctors already will not accept new patients if they have Medicare but only treat their own long-time patients as they age into Medicare). Many doctors are likely to stop accepting Medicare altogether, forcing patients to look elsewhere for a new doctor in a market that has fewer and fewer doctors that will accept them. This is based on a Medicare law passed in 2015.
  • In 2028, separate from the arbitrary PPACA cuts to Medicare by the Secretary of HHS, hospitals and other facilities will automatically have their already low fees cut by 15% and those cuts will get higher in following years. Many hospitals will close. This is based on a Medicare law passed in 1965. 

You can read about any of these outcomes already baked into the current law that you seem to think is so great in the lastest report of the Medicare Trustees, issued by the Obama administration in July 2016.

As for Medicaid, all you need to know is one simple statistic. Today, half the babies born in the United States are paid for by Medicaid, a systems that millions of doctors will not participate in. That means that in a few short years, over half of the people in the United States will be on Medicaid and there will be very few doctors to care for them. It also means that if you are not on Medicaid and are instead entirely responsible for your own healthcare costs, you will also be entirely responsible for at least one other person's healthcare costs who is not paying for their own health care.

Or stay in your snowflake bubble and keep spouting words you got from Bernie Sanders or AARP... who have no need for Medicare or Medicaid and just want you to send them $25 a month donations to fund their political action committees. 

Gold Conversationalist

The changes to medicaid, medical, medicare, insurance is just a unAMERICAN

Message 10 of 10 (1,347 Views)