Ask Your Questions About Open Enrollment At AARP’s Webinar ‘Medicare: Your Questions Answered’ at 7 p.m. ET. Register Here

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Silver sneakers in Oklahoma City

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 2 (149 Views)

broadway2 wrote:

How can I enrolll in a gym with Silver sneakers?

The benefit of Silver Sneakers has to be covered in your particular Medicare Advantage Plan.

You can check which Medicare Advantage plans have the benefit by checking out your eligibility at the Silver Sneakers Locator.

Silver Sneakers Medicare Health Plan benefit Locator

It might also be in the documents which you received for your chosen plan.

This benefit availability can change yearly in Medicare Advantage plans so if it is important to you, then you need to re-verify continued coverage each year during open enrollment.

If your plan is a Medicare supplemental plan (Medigap) rather than a Medicare Advantage plan, these will also be listed by plan name on the Silver Sneaker Medicare plan locator but many people are finding few, if any, AARP UHC supplemental (Medigap)  on the list.  I've seen a few Humana supplemental plans on the Silver Sneakers Medicare plan locator in a few states.

Remember the Silver Sneakers program is an added benefit when available and is not covered by the Medicare law as to its coverage.  But if you do find that your plan has this extra benefit in your state, contact them to find out what facilities you can choose to use your benefit.

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Silver sneakers in Oklahoma City

Message 2 of 2 (157 Views)

How can I enrolll in a gym with Silver sneakers?