The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Info Seeker

Re: Please tell me how to opt out of junk mail from AARP

Message 11 of 33 (13,323 Views)
I want to opt out of all junk mail and companies that you partner with
Conversationalist

Message 12 of 33 (14,338 Views)

I don't mind mail from AARP it's not that much! I do mind the win a $1000.00 for life crap! All the paper they use.scratch this.read this.coupons. I don't even open them anymore a waste.

A friend if it has no postage do will send nack anything she can that has nothing to do with the mailer! Funny but no time for me! 

Oh and the do not call list I get people from differant countries that I do not understand I just act a little off and they want nothing to do with the crazy lady!!

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 33 (14,916 Views)

Guess there is no "magical" way to stop receiving mail from AARP, including from the AARP Membership Center; if there is, they sure keep dodging the questions and won't/can't answer this simple question.  Sad.  Bet no one at all at AARP will ever respond to this specific question with a specific answer. 

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 33 (15,761 Views)

I’m surprised, as a member and subscriber to United Health Care I get very little nuisance mail from AARP and I’ve never opted out of anything. Hmm?

I am waiting though (uncomplainingly) for my August/September AARP magazine with Cyndi Lauper on the cover to arrive in the mail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 33 (10,356 Views)

mh7578327 wrote:

Perhaps AARP does not sell our information, but they sure SHARE it with a lot of places.  After joining with the assurance I would not receive any mail, except for a yearly bill, I am getting all the usual junk.  It's so disappointing.  I'm sad to discover that AARP is not an agency I want to be affiliated with.

You might want to check the privacy disclosure on any group you might want to join.

Here is the one for AARP - pay special attention to # 5.

See # 7 on how to limit it with AARP.

Info Seeker

Message 16 of 33 (10,203 Views)

Perhaps AARP does not sell our information, but they sure SHARE it with a lot of places.  After joining with the assurance I would not receive any mail, except for a yearly bill, I am getting all the usual junk.  It's so disappointing.  I'm sad to discover that AARP is not an agency I want to be affiliated with.

Info Seeker

Message 17 of 33 (11,896 Views)
Did you get an answer?
Community Manager

Message 18 of 33 (12,233 Views)

We are sorry that you are frustrated with the opt-out process.  The best way to insure you are removed from all mailing lists is to call our Membership at 1-888-687-2277 or send an email to member@aarp.org requesting the removal.  There is also a contact us form located on the My Account page (clicking the drop down arrow in top right page where your user name is displayed) and then selecting My Account.  There is a contact us link on the right side of this page.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 33 (11,297 Views)

why can't AARP provide a simple means to OPT OUT of all marketing material.  I am NOT a member yet I'm inundated with material.  Both email and my home mailbox are flooded with cards, magazines, flyers, and stuff that I do NOT want.  And now, somehow, AARP has erroneously linked my brother-in-law to my address so I get the same crap doubled.  

STOP it now.  I want to remove myself from receiving AARP material.  Tell me how to do it now.  Tell me how to do it without having to give even more of my private information to your unwarranted customer service reps.  I should NOT have to take my time to remove myself from your system, a system that aggregates errant data and spams citizens with unwarranted material.   

Info Seeker

Message 20 of 33 (11,395 Views)

@AARPTeri, if you had the time to answer & deny the selling of our personal information, and go to thhe trouble of giving a link showing what the privacy policy is, then WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME did you not take another moment to point all of us in the direction to halting the AARP monthly rag, and the 10-15 pieces of written junk mail you send us???  I DON'T NEED INSURANCE!!! Does anyone HEAR me? If I need more insurance for any reason, I will  contact the top company, and check the AARP site for any info I may need. Just because of your practice, I now take a moment and write down the Insurance Compnay name you are pushing: it's my list of Companies to NEVER deal with.

You make it so simple to halt all emails. Why on earth can't a Company the size of yours have a simple way to stop all snail mail too? Utterly rediculous, **bleep**ic, and frustrating beyond all compare...

Regards,  @DebAndKota  Antelope, CA