Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Please tell me how to opt out of junk mail from AARP

[ Edited ]
Message 1 of 33 (1,820 Views)

john258 wrote:

s634866c wrote:

I am not even registered with AARP and have received SIX pieces of their JUNK, including expensive to print plastic membership cards.  NO MORE PLEASE!!! One more reason to NOT join AARP for me!!  I do NOT want your plastic made in China  duffle bags or backpacks, so quit trying!!  Try this link to register your name to opt out off all junk mail. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS491US491&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

One way might be to stop using the AARP Web site.

Mailings don't have anything to do with AARP Community forum or website unless when you set up your account, you don't go through the trouble of setting up all your preference and privacy options.

Anybody can OPT OUT of receiving anything from a partner or even AARP Membership organization by filling out the AARP Privacy Policy Opt-Out Form

Per the form

Please fill out and submit this form if you do not want AARP to share your name and address with select nonprofits and/or companies that provide membership benefits. You may also choose to stop receiving all communications from AARP.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 33 (1,956 Views)

s634866c wrote:

I am not even registered with AARP and have received SIX pieces of their JUNK, including expensive to print plastic membership cards.  NO MORE PLEASE!!! One more reason to NOT join AARP for me!!  I do NOT want your plastic made in China  duffle bags or backpacks, so quit trying!!  Try this link to register your name to opt out off all junk mail. 

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1AFAB_enUS491US491&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#...

___________________________________________________________________________________________

One way might be to stop using the AARP Web site.

Info Seeker

Message 3 of 33 (2,035 Views)
How to Opt out of receiving anything from AARP and anyone they do business with. http://www.aarp.org/about-aarp/aarp-privacy-policy-opt-out/
Info Seeker

Message 4 of 33 (2,285 Views)

How do you stop SPAM MAIL or SNAIL MAIL as in paper mail.

I am so sorry that I paid to get this Crap.

TELL EVERYONE NOT TO JOIN AARP.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 33 (9,459 Views)

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 33 (9,663 Views)
This worked for me. thank you.
Community Manager

Message 7 of 33 (10,079 Views)

@nmutatIf you are looking to opt out of AARPmailings - you can make this request via email to member@aarp.org or by calling our main phone number at 1-888-687-2277.

AARPTeri
Info Seeker

Message 8 of 33 (10,087 Views)

I understand there are non-profit websites you can sign up for that will help you "opt out".  What a pain in the kiester!!  I'm looking for those websites, now....

Info Seeker

Message 9 of 33 (11,215 Views)

The best way to get off any AARP mailing list is to opt out when you join.  AARP claims you can call them and ask to be removed but that has never worked for me.  This is why I refuse to join AARP and Only my mom has joined.  Don't kid yourself, they are definitely making money off of sharing contact information.  You're best bet is to call them and get the name and ID number of the person taking your request.  You have to be adamant about getting off their mailing list.  I resent this and it's an intrusion on my privacy.  You can also register at do not call registry to stop phone calls.  I am sure there is some government agency you can threaten them with if they don't comply with your requests.  However be prepared to do this more than once before they get it right.  Ugh!  Privacy rights are huge today, considering all the hacking that goes on.  AARP should be ashamed of such corroboration especially since most of their members are senior citizens. 

Info Seeker

Message 10 of 33 (11,547 Views)
Did you ever get an answer? I would like to do this also.