The House Bill Would Mean a Tax Hike for Millions of Seniors. Learn More

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Missouri/ MO rx program

Message 1 of 3 (432 Views)

From:  Missouri Dept of Social Services Concerning MORx with Medicare Only

Attention MORx Members with Medicare Only

Due to a law passed in 2014, your Missouri Rx (MORx) program coverage expires in 2017. The last day you can receive help with prescription drug co-payment costs from the MORx Program will be June 30, 2017. Prescriptions filled after this date will not be covered by MORx.

There are several helpful resources also listed with their contact information.

However, it seems that if you need help with covering your Rx or even other help with deductibles or premiums, then you will have to see if you can qualify for MO Healthnet (Medicaid) to become a dual eligible or get extra help..

For information on Mo HealthNet (Medicaid) with Medicare  - eligibility and application

Missouri State Health Insurance Assistance Program - MO Healthnet (Medicaid)

Here are (3) Medicare links that will tell you more about it - the program of extra help comes through your states Medicaid program - Missouri calls it MO HealthNet.

Medicare.gov - Get Help Paying Cost - Medicaid

Medicare.gov - Save on Drug Cost

Medicare.gov - Find Your Level of Extra Help (Part D)

So I guess Missouri decided that they had to put the help where it was needed the most.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Re: Missouri/ MO rx program

[ Edited ]
Message 2 of 3 (438 Views)

Unless I misunderstand the situation with this program, you need to be contacting your governor to pass the bill that is on his desk. Missouri has $150 million to cut to balance the budget.

No point in comments here. Need to talk to your senators and reps. 

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Info Seeker

Missouri/ MO rx program

Message 3 of 3 (448 Views)

I have a very simple post:                  

GIVE MORX BACK TO THE PEOPLE WE NEED IT! ALL WHO AGREE COMMENT ARE ADD YOUR VIEW.