AARP Urges Congress to Prevent $25 Billion in Medicare Cuts. Read the Letter

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Looking for affordable health care?

Message 1 of 3

msNessa59 wrote:

In this looking for a affordable health insurance... You go online to the healthcare app and right away your phone starts ringing. They start asking you questions about the type of coverage you're looking for, they ask about pre-existing conditions...

I stopped reading your comment right there, assuming you are a troll. But if this truly happened or happens again, call the police, Better Business Bureau and your Senior Medicare Patrol organization (even if this question about pre-existing conditions is not Medicare related, they will direct you to the right place) and report a crime.

But like I said, I think you are a troll.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Looking for affordable health care?

Message 2 of 3

@msNessa59

Think you might be looking in the wrong place if you are looking for plans backed by the government.

If you are less than 65 years old and not on Medicare then go to

Healthcare.gov - if you are eligible for Medicaid or not in the state where you reside, Healthcare.gov will direct you when you fill out the income information.  Depending upon your income, you will get or won't get a tax credit subsidy to reduce your premiums in whatever plan you choose to buy - bronze, silver, gold or platinum.  If you don't get a tax credit subsidy - you don't have to use Healthcare.gov and you can go elsewhere to buy your coverage.  You HAVE to use Healthcare.gov to be able to qualify for a tax credit subsidy.

ENROLLMENT FOR ACA PLANS ON HEALTHCARE.GOV ENDS ON DECEMBER 15, 2017

If you are 65 years old and are vested in Medicare or you have been on SSDI for about 24 months, then you should start with Medicare.gov.

MEDICARE.GOV

You can also call your state insurance dept. and ask them for help or directions to get help.

Bronze Conversationalist

Looking for affordable health care?

Message 3 of 3

In this looking for a affordable health insurance I have found that its not very easy at all. You go online to the healthcare app and right away your phone starts ringing. They start asking you questions about the type of coverage you're looking for, they ask about pre-existing conditions and if you have any they tell you oh we have someone who can help you to get the best coverage. Then they try to get you to make a deal to sign up for the insurance with them, if you tell them you want to compare different plans then they get aggressive with you, The app does not let you go straight to an insurance app directly to see what plans they offer and they ask for the same information on every insurance you click on. I'm tired of the loops they want you to jump through to find an affordable insurance and they want to hike up the prices when they find you have pre-existing condition. Our new President has put us all at risk in getting affordable healthcare, especially if you are elderly, disabled or in a lower income bracket, and giving big insurance companies authority to raise premiums on us for our failing health. They take our tax money that was deducted from our paychecks while we were working and they want to issue it out to us like its theirs. They say us getting our money that we paid out of our checks is a priviledge and not our right as American tax paying citizen.This is our government at work to try screw us over to make the ultra rich richer and the poor poorer. If we don't make our voices heard who will speak for us because they won't. We have to weed out the bogus for profit insurance companies and an end to corrupt politicians working against us instead of for us.