Call Your Senator at 844-222-0104 and Urge Them to Say No to the Graham-Cassidy Bill

Info Seeker

Re: Is AARP Dental Insurance from Delta Dental a Rip-off?

Message 61 of 65 (24,694 Views)
In Response to Re: Is AARP Dental Insurance from Delta Dental a Rip-off?:
I do not know about Delta Dental; however, if you are looking for a great dental and vision insurance I would like to recommend SAMBA Dental amnd Visiopn Plans.  I have it and it is the best dental insurance I have found that does not have a lot of restrictions and false information hidden in the fine print.  Please check out the attached link, maybe it could be a wonderful insurance for others  seeking.  http://www.sambaplans.com/DentalVision.aspx .
Posted by Rapunzel55

Unfortunately, Samba is only for federal employees.
Info Seeker

Message 62 of 65 (24,221 Views)

Unfortunately, Samba is only for federal employees.
Info Seeker

Message 63 of 65 (24,199 Views)
I found the dentists in this program to be of poor quality.  After several years and several dentists, I dropped the insurance.  I would up having to pay a lot of money to fix problems that these dentists didn't take care of.
Posted by jmtg

Info Seeker

Message 64 of 65 (24,089 Views)
In Response to Re: Is AARP Dental Insurance from Delta Dental a Rip-off? : I recently signed up with a company I thought with the emblems and all was indeed bc/bs dental-PPO which my dentist takes.  Cost was reasonable enough.    Come to find out...this was instead  Florida Combined Life which has a tiny microscopic  message underneath their name on the paperwork  that they are "an independent licensee of bc/bs Assoc.   "I  complained and canceled without much of an fanfare from them as they know how misleading that is.   So gotta  be careful....and even then....you can get duped.  I was under Humana's HMO dental plan and it wasn't any good either and you had to go to dentists on the list and some are nightmares.   So---I don't know what I'm going to do now.     I spend more on dental than I do on medical. 
Posted by JANMB

Frequent Social Butterfly

Is AARP Dental Insurance from Delta Dental a Rip-off?

Message 65 of 65 (24,055 Views)
We've had AARP dental insurance for 17 months. We pay ~$115/month for dual coverage. Items that should be covered according to our contract are not. One of my crowns came out with a post attached. My dentist was able to rfe-install the crown using a longer post. He charged $300 for the post. Delta said they would reimburse $170 for such a procedure. However, that procedure is not covered. My dentist was able to save the crown. He only charged for the post. according to my contract that should be covered. I wonder what else is convieniently not covered? Frankly, I could have dropped the insurance and paid cash on the spot and i would have come out ahead. Has anyone else had such an experience?