Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 81 of 92 (5,338 Views)

I echo your sentiments. If they get your prescription into the system it is usually right but that's a big "if". I have only been on their plan since March of this year and so far they have processed two  prescriptions incorrectly and one was even shipped to me before I caught it. When a medication requires preauthorization even when approval for refills is clearly stated on the bottle, their system brings up the medication at retail price whether you do it online or by phone. The first time this happened I ended up contacting customer relations who resolved the problem and promised me going forward that there would be no more issues with this med. When I went to refill it recently, the exact same thing happened. I attempted to explain the situation I had been through previously with preauthorization to the telephone agent who promptly filled the wrong prescription. A few hours later I pulled up my pending order online and discovered they had filled the wrong script. All totaled I spent 2 hours talking to several different people about a problem that had supposedly been solved 3 months ago. Can you would imagine what woould happen to someone like my mother who does not have my medical background or knowledge of logistics? I have found the most effective was to get their attention is to post a comment on twitter using @optumrx. That said, I think AARP should drop their endorsement of this company. Can anyone suggest an alternative carrier?           

Info Seeker

Message 82 of 92 (5,824 Views)

I have never been so frustrated with a company.  Was informed that I had to purchase Lyrica through Optum instead of buying it at my local pharmacy.  I cannot take gabapentin.  I have been trying to set it up for months and I promise you, you can ask the same question of three different employees and get three different answers.  I've been told that my doctor wouldn't reply to them, when I had seen the fax the doctor sent.  I've been told that they called me to let me know yet something else was wrong - I asked them to read off my phone number and it wasn't even close.  So, as of today, I think we need to work on making this limiting of our choices as to where we buy our meds, illegal.  There is a Congressman in Georgia, Buddy Carter, who has been quoted as saying that legislation needs to be passed to make this illegal.  Remember, Optum/United is making money off of a lot of these mail order prescriptions.  I'm going to write him and my Senator and Congressman, and the more of us who do that, the merrier.  Told Optum today that I was done with jumping through hoops, done with the runaround.

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 83 of 92 (5,951 Views)

I use OptumRx but not happy with them right now. I use nitroglycerin when I  need it. I called my dr office for a refill around 7/22/2016. By 7/29/2016 it still hasn't shipped. I called, I was told they are waiting for my dr signature. State law says Physician assistant can't sign. I called dr office and they said they sent another fax with Dr signature on it. OptumRx said they didn't get it. Called dr again and she read me the fax she sent. So she sent another fax. Tuesday 8/2 still not shipped. I called dr and she would take care of it. Wednesday 8/3 still not shipped.i called OptumRx they said they finally got the fax. She said it will be shipped tomorrow!! I am talking about sublingual nitroglycerin, this is a life saving drug. It is used for chronic angina, chest pain. This is totally unacceptable!!

I have more to say about nitro, stay tuned!

**Post edited to remove personal email address**

Info Seeker

Message 84 of 92 (7,450 Views)

This is Sept 2015. Maybe OptumRx has improved their service. I have not had a problem with them, other than the doctor's office failed to send in the prescription promptly. 

My beef is with United Healthcare who sent a letter stating that if we didn't go with OptumRx, they would not cover our prescriptions. No more getting the 'scripts at the local pharmacy! However, OptumRx is cheaper overall than the local pharmacy and we can still get short-term or new prescriptions at the local pharmacy. We can only get a couple of months before UH threatens to stop paying. 

Info Seeker

Message 85 of 92 (7,435 Views)

I agree...I stopped using them as well.  Service is terrible

Info Seeker

Message 86 of 92 (8,414 Views)

Not true again!!. I order and have ordered for 2 years from Optum Rx. mail-90-day-supplys and have got Brand Name Drugs. Lyrica for 1, Januvia for another. They are available from Optum Rx.I have gotten all orders in 7 Business days delivery.

Info Seeker

Message 87 of 92 (8,497 Views)

It's the difference between generics vs name brand mail-order vs corner pharmacy.  It's been that way with all the mail order pharmacy's that my med plan has said I can/must use.

I.E>  if you want/use generic's then you can mail order 90 days

but if you want name brand then you can't mail order but have to deal with

the 'corner' pharmacy of your choice with 30 day prescriptions

Joe F

Info Seeker

Message 88 of 92 (8,700 Views)

I have NOT had any problems with OptumRx with any of my prescriptions.

My prescriptions usually arrive withing a week of my placing the order.

My gripe with OptumRx is that they will only fill generic prescriptions and have no pricing and apparently will not fill name brand prescriptions even where no generics are available. 

Info Seeker

Message 89 of 92 (6,974 Views)

“My experiences with optumrx has been horrible! I could fill this box with paragraphs and paragraphs of my stories of terrible customer service from this company. I see from other posts i'm not alone! 

Can I get some feedback from others out there on Medicare, about a dependable mail order company that they have used that saves money compared with a local pharmacy.......Walgreens.....their prices would cost me over $600 a year above optum's prices.

Thanks, David

Info Seeker

Message 90 of 92 (6,944 Views)
My frustration was Optumrx seems to be shared by many. Their incompetence is apparent to everyone but AARP.